more Doris Day Photos

Pics and images posted by Forum members

Pics

UNREAD_POSTby webmaster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:20 pm

Doris does look like 'the girl next door' there - but that's what made her such a good actress
- she can change her appearance to fit the role/mood - of course with the help of the production people.

And I love the pic that Tanja has posted caled The Doris Day Show 5 - so natural.

The one with Van Johnson is great too - Doris had a few (a lot of?) gay friends so she was obviously open minded.
But I think you had to be in that situation as a lot of the talented people were gay.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

PS - I'm a real 'old movie' fan and, I must admit, of Bob Hope - he is English after all! Like so many 'Hollywood stars' -
Cary Grant, Liz Taylor, Charlie Chaplin - Hollywood was a great melting pot of international talent.
webmaster
Earth Girls Are Easy

UNREAD_POSTby dayniac » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:54 pm

She definitely did "look" like the girl next door. I know she doesn't like that label -not sure why ??? Maybe - because she didn't feel she had led the life of a girl next door. I was just comparing the 40's photo with the tv photo above it - amazing how very similar they are !

I'm also a HUGE 1940's movie fan. I think thats why I really don't mind the black and white movies and photos of Doris. The 40's were really my favorite movie era.
Yes ---- many many British - Hollywood stars. A large British colony in Hollywood. Many of my favorites are from the British Isles. Love -- Greer Garson - Ronald Colman - David Niven - Of Course the one and only Cary Grant ! Could go on and on !!!
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch
dayniac
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby webmaster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:02 pm

I Could go on and on !!!

Well you should! (I forgot Cary Grant, another of my most favourite actors - also Stan Laurel!) But it's nice to hear that.
A lot of my friend like old films and even films from the thirties.
webmaster
Earth Girls Are Easy

UNREAD_POSTby Heatherlicious » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Maybe its the "girl next door" thing that I like about her... plus the fact that she just seems so personable and down to earth but very classy and glamorous...

There is something about old movies that I just love too... I love anything black and white... its so classic. :)

My mother often says I was born in the wrong era... :P
H E A T H E R | Graphics
Heatherlicious

UNREAD_POSTby dayniac » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:16 pm

I have to admit that I like 30's movies too. There are so many great Cary Grant - Clark Gable - William Powell - Myrna Loy - Katharine Hepburn - etc, movies from the 30's. I love It Happened One Night -- My Favorite Wife - The Awful Truth - The Thin Man --- SOOOO many ! I really am a movie addict ! But - Doris is my favorite of all time. But, I spend as much or more time listening to Doris as watching her. She's got it double !
Truely amazing talent.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch
dayniac
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby dayniac » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:34 pm

There was a film card posted under another topic. There are hundreds of postcards - film cards - trading cards -gum cards - tobacco cards of Doris. I'll post a few.

Dutch postcard

Dutch trading card issued by Teenager News Mag

Gum card

Swedish trading cards

Dutch match box labels

Those are a few examples of a variety of cards with Doris on them. Hope you enjoyed them.
dayniac
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby Pam » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Candid from "Thrill Of It All"

[img][img]http://tinypic.com/6fqtlc3.jpg[/img]

Pam~[/img]
Pam
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby puck » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:34 am

puck
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby puck » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:09 am

sorry I did something wrong.
Thanks for the great pictures, I enjoy it, Thank you all.
The magazine pic came from the magazine Modern Screen, June 1949.
the next ones do came from the the same magazine.
puck
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby aussiealan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:27 am

Hi.... I've really enjoyed seeing all these photos of Doris (some I've never seen before) and also those of her with other stars which always interests me. As I've said before... in my over 50 years of collecting I've never seen any pics of her with Elizabeth Taylor or Monroe but I do have many others and in the last newsletter of my Australian Doris Day Society I featured these 3 pages of our gal with several other stars so I thought some of you might be interested in seeing them. I have attached them as they appear in the newsletter but I'm not sure if they will come out OK. If anyone wants to see an individual shot let's know and I will upload it separately. I have many many more similar pics so I might have to do a follow up selection in our next issue. Please bear with me as I'm treading on new ground here with all this technology.

aussiealan

UNREAD_POSTby dayniac » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:24 pm

All I can say is WOW and thanks for posting those !!
You've got some wonderful photos !

I just came across this one - unfortunately you can see June Allyson better than Doris.

Here's one of Doris with Kitty Kallen in Central Park in 1947 for a Down Beat mag photo shoot.

Candid with Rock and Montgomery Clift during filming of Lover Come Back

Hope you all enjoy these.
dayniac
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby dayniac » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi - just found a couple more you might like to see.

Doris and Vera Ellen

Doris having coffee with Bob Crosby around 1944.
dayniac
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby Tom Ryan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:31 am

Thanks to those of you who have posted these photos, which I have enjoyed seeing.
Tom Ryan

UNREAD_POSTby puck » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:31 am

puck
Honorary Member

Photos

UNREAD_POSTby webmaster » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:07 pm

This has gotten a bit long - Please post new photos in "Doris Day Pics".

Thank you!
webmaster
Earth Girls Are Easy

PreviousNext

Return to DORIS DAY PHOTOS