Diana Dors and Doris Day

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Diana Dors and Doris Day

UNREAD_POSTby Double D's » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:15 pm

I love the fact that Diana and Doris were such good friends, such diffrent women, both extremely talented, with acting and singing voices to die for. Anyway, I wanted to share with you the chapter on Doris from Diana's book.

Image Image
Double D's

Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Diana Dors and Doris Day

UNREAD_POSTby lovemeorleaveme » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:50 am

How nice of you to share that, Double D's!! :)
It is very interesting, and reaffirms my belief that Doris is probably THE most modest, down-to-earth star there ever was (or ever will be)! :)
I just LOVE her, don't you???
Have a lovely "Day"! :)
Rachel
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

UNREAD_POSTby Double D's » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:35 pm

It's my please to scan that chapter, it's adorable. In fact it's that chapter that made me a fan of Doris, I read it and thought, "gosh if I was a star, I would be the same, I wouldn't want to see myself either." It's like fame hasn't made her big headed. Then I watched Teachers Pet and wham! I thought I like this woman.

As for her and Diana's friendship, they were unlikely friends, totally oppersites. So again another reason to love them both, they accept/ed people for who they are. I have seen two pictures of them on here together, I'll try and find out if there are more.
Double D's

UNREAD_POSTby Jas1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for posting this, enjoyed reading it. I always liked Diana Dors too and she did have a really nice singing voice - her album from the late 1950s 'Swinging Dors' was great! Unfortunately however, she was worlds apart from Doris too when it came to self discipline, for Diana lost her fab figure as the years went on, unlike Miss Day who stayed trim trim trim, and retained that amazing figure.
Jas1
Honorary Member

UNREAD_POSTby Double D's » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:08 am

^^Swinging Dors is a brilliant album, I feel Diana was very inspired by Doris with the album. I uploaded the album if anyone is interested http://www.mediafire.com/?6d23111049093 ... dfbb5575a6

Doris has a great figure, I think vegetarianism keeps her in shape. Being a vegetarian myself I know :lol:.
Double D's

UNREAD_POSTby howard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 am

I'm pretty sure that Doris is not a vegetarian.
howard
Special Contributer

UNREAD_POSTby Double D's » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Really? That would be weird if she isn't, seeing as how she so famous for being one.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeomwd ... re_animals
Double D's

UNREAD_POSTby howard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 am

Don't mean to name-drop, but I've been lucky enough to share a couple of meals with Ms Day, and she most definitely was NOT a vegetarian at the time. That was back in '99. By the way, she's famous for being a great singer/actress/animal activist, not for being a vegetarian.
howard
Special Contributer

UNREAD_POSTby Doris Martin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:45 pm

howard wrote:Don't mean to name-drop, but I've been lucky enough to share a couple of meals with Ms Day, and she most definitely was NOT a vegetarian at the time. That was back in '99. By the way, she's famous for being a great singer/actress/animal activist, not for being a vegetarian.

Yes Sir///
Doris Martin
Forum Friend

Return to TALKING ABOUT DORIS DAY