The Doris Day Forum

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: The Doris Day Forum

Unread post by Jas1 » 12 Jun 2019, 08:18

Paul - lovely to see you back and read your insightful words.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael » 12 Jun 2019, 08:31

What a thrill it was to see Paul's long awaited return to the forum.

Paul, Howard and others make compelling points about the importance of preserving her legacy. The forum has become the Doris Day Wikipedia of information about all facets of her entertainment career. Just take a look at the extensive discography that Texas, Peter and others have compiled over the years. Where else would anyone go to understand how prolific and diverse her recording career was? Where else would you find Judy's exhaustive research into little known facts about her recordings and films, or Johnny's enthusiastic observations about various critical appraisals of her films? Where else would anyone find the stunning banners that Puck, Bryan and others have created? Then consider the parade of rare, high quality photos that Peter, Ania, Howard and others have generously shared over the years. All of that originated here and you will glimpse many of the same photos on social media fan pages because people know where to look for them: right here.

Over time, the forum has evolved into a tight-knit community of well informed, serious admirers who understand and respect each other. As Paul mentioned, the road has been bumpy at times, but thanks to Bryan's astute leadership and the spirit of respect and courtesy demonstrated by its members, the forum has endured and the historic components are a virtual roadmap of what made Doris Day an unforgettable artist.

Bryan, I hear you loud and clear. I'm sure the amount of time and expense has become problematic for you. I wonder if we could brainstorm ways to preserve the historical components and retain a scaled back topical section to give members a place to comment on new things. It's likely there will be a number of books published in the near future and while some of those may trigger old wounds or spark controversy, I can easily see us wanting a safe space to share reactions and process the information.

I'm still working through the grieving process but I am more open to hanging around, if we can find a way to alleviate the workload on you and keep the lights on.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan » 12 Jun 2019, 17:02

Just want to add my thanks to Bryan for ALL he has done for us over the years and I totally agree with everything Paul Brogan said so well...we are like a family - The Day Gang...how wonderful that Doris brought us all together. Bryan you have done such a fabulous job over the many years of keeping us up to date on so many things - God bless you for ALL you have done for us. Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to you Bryan and to Paul and ALL who contribute to this awesome forum. Doris's spirit lives on for sure - she was and continues to be such a role model for me, and I am sure for many others.
Yesterday I gave my DAY TO REMEMBER - DORIS DAY presentation and it was a joy to share my story with those in attendance. It is always wonderful to connect with others who love Doris.
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Bryan!!!!
Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."