The Discovering Doris Day Tribute site

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
rbendtzen
Spam Prevention: Yes

The Discovering Doris Day Tribute site

Unread post by rbendtzen »

Hi all.

Have any of you visited the website, Discovering Doris lately and realized that when you click the link to launch the site, you are taken to the site's Twitter page. What happened to the main site where you could easily find links to information about Doris, including an extremely detailed discography. I wonder why when I clicked on the link to launch the site, I am taken to the site's Twitter account and not the main website, like I was taken to in the past?

Has anybody else experienced this change? Is there a way to get back to the main site?

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Rob Bendtzen

jmichael
Honorary Member

Re: The Discovering Doris Day Tribute site

Unread post by jmichael »

Rob,

I haven't been able to confirm it but I suspect the site was taken down and the webmaster created a Twitter account to provide updates about Doris going forward. Very few of the websites and fan forums that were launched in the early to mid-2000's are still around because more and more people are turning to social media for that kind of thing. There are numerous fan pages devoted to Doris on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram but I doubt they carry the kind of substantive content you are looking for.

Regarding her discography, you can find a comprehensive list of her recordings on this site by clicking here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4999

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

rbendtzen
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by rbendtzen »

Hi all.

Has anybody been to the Discovering Doris aka Doris Day Tribute site recently? Today I got an email from Stephen Munns, the webmaster of that site, talking about the latest available Doris Day calendar for 2021.

Also, in the email, he mentioned that the Discovering Doris aka Doris Day Tribute site recently got a huge makeover. So, I went to the site, and I found that the discography and other pages that use to be on the main site, are back. However, the discography only lists Dorises original studio albums, not the compilations, which also use to be part of that sites discography section. I think I will send an email to Stephen and ask him where the compilations page is.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thank you for reminding us to visit the Doris Day Tribute site. I checked it out and found it interesting. I am pleased to know there are other active sites paying tribute to Doris.

I think this Doris Day Forum is one of the most comprehensive information sites that serves to honour Doris and allow members vibrant discussions on all aspects of Doris' talents and career.
Johnny