favourite films

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

favourite films

Unread post by Doris Martin »

I love all Doris films, but the one that I love most is I'see you in my dreams, the songs are so wonderfull and she does sings them beautifully, once started nothing makes me stopped. Marti :)

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Hello Marti! :D
Gosh there are soooo many good ones to choose from. The film that means the most to me has got to be Move Over Darling. I love this film because, it was the film I found in a charity shop (not very glamorous!) that made me want to find out more about the wonderful Ms Day. :D

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

doris day

Unread post by Doris Martin »

:D Hello my dear Sheila.... I can understand you choosing the film, I would do the same...Hooray for Doris...marti

Jas1
Honorary Member

Fav DD film

Unread post by Jas1 »

As stated before,it is always 'Pillow Talk' first and foremost for me though I have special memories of 'Calamity Jane' 'Young at Heart' 'Teacher's Pet' and even 'Caprice'!

Barb_DDD
Famous Quilt Maker

Unread post by Barb_DDD »

I love them all because Doris is in them. My first film that I saw Doris in was Lover Com Back and that will always be a favorite. The film I watch the most is Glass Bottom Boat. But there are so many other ones that I love. I still have one more to see, Star Lift.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Well - how do you choose ?

I absolutely love Pillow Talk, Lover Come Back and Thrill of It All. Those would be my top picks. And, I watch Glass Bottom Boat a lot. And lately, I've been watching Calamity Jane and Move Over Darling often.

Anything with Doris will make me happy ! :lol:
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I think Starlift and Stormwarning are the only 2 I haven't seen.

Off studying this week - a big chore but helps that UK tv has Doris on 3 days in a row on ch4 in the afternoon [even though I can't watch properly I can peek]- Yesterday was 'Do not Disturb'; today 'Send me no flowers' and tomorrow - 'Mover over Darling'.

ddfan55

favourite films

Unread post by ddfan55 »

Of the films I have seen The Pyjama Game and Glass Bottom Boat are my favourites. Unfortunately here in Australia, Move over Darling, The Thrill of it All and Do Not Disturb are still not available on DVD - maybe one DAY!!!!!!!

Lyn :D :(

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

When listing my favorites I left off one that I love and watch often -- Romance on the High Seas. Hard to believe it was her first movie. What a natural. :lol:
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Natalier

Unread post by Natalier »

my favourite film has got to be calamity jane its great i love to watch it all the time.
Its a great feeling

c.j

Unread post by c.j »

(No. One Would Be Calamity Jane) However Do Not Disturb real funny especially the cat and mouse chase near the end and then surprise the bed crashes and it is her husband (Rod Taylor) what a dream

daybyday08
Honorary Member

favorite

Unread post by daybyday08 »

my favorite film is Pillow Talk its stylish funny and shes never done comedy better or looked lovlier then in that movie, but i also really like love me or leave me and send me no flowers i find that movie very funny! :wink:

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

I agree with Marti...

My very favorite Doris Day movie is first and foremost

I'll See You In My Dreams

And in a close second...

The Pajama Game
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

For a long time my favorites were Pillow Talk and Glass Bottom Boat, but I have seen them so many times that I decided to take a little break from them. My new favorite is Move over Darling although I like most of her films. I just bought Doris Day Today, and I love that too.

c.j

Unread post by c.j »

I say Romance On The high Seas
Calamity Jane
With Six You Get Eggroll

KarenSev

Favorite Film

Unread post by KarenSev »

My favorite has always been Midnight Lace. The story line was gripping and Doris' acting was above reproach. She was fantastic in it, because she put every emotion she had into it. She literally collapsed after doing the staircase scene. She should have won the Oscar for that scene alone. I remember the first time I saw it, I cried my eyes out, and I knew it was only a film.
My second favorite would be, of course, Pillow Talk. Lover Come Back would be vey close too. Not only were Doris and Rock great in both films, but I truly believe both films were very blessed having Tony Randall in them. He was one of a kind!
"I'm looking for the Rainbow's End, my friend."

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

Re: favourite films

Unread post by Haymarketaddict »

I'm right in the middle of ordering all the movies of Doris I haven't seen (which are plenty :cry: ) - but from those I've seen my favorite is I THINK
THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT (I think that's the first one I've seen with Doris and remember loving her ever since)
and funnily enough
SEND ME NO FLOWERS
I know its not the most popular of the Doris/Rock movies but I think its my favorite - don't know why I just love it to bit - Ithink its hillarious
runners up are
PILLOW TALK
MIDNIGHT LACE (cause she is also great in serious movies)
and
MOVE OVER DARLING

I'm catching up on the rest as I write :mrgreen:

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

I've always liked Send Me No Flowers the best too! Well, out of her Doris/Rock movies anyway..
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

Marti. I too have always loved i,ll see you in my dreams, but my very favorite is "The thrill of it all" followed closely by ALL THE REST OF THEM lol... :wink: :D never met a doris movie I didnt love
suzie

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

I know Doris thought of SEND ME NO FLOWERS as Rock Hudsons picture - it is - but Doris is great in it too. Overall - HILLARIOUS - I looooooooove Tony Randall too - he steals SO many scenes :D :D :D
wonderful team the three of them. Really my favorite of the three Doris/Rock pictures :mrgreen:

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

Well I am like Barb...I like anything Doris is in. I guess my favorite is Lover Come Back, but I do like all the older ones like...On Moonlight Bay, By The Light of The Silvery Moon, I'll See You In My Dreams (great songs)and of course Calamity Jane. She just does everyting so well.
Carol

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

I changed my mind (I do that alot). My favorite movie is still GBB.
The Doris Day Show

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

After last week (and my Doris marathon) I *definitely* need to change my favourite list :D

1. Glass Bottom Boat (still and forever will be I think)
2. With 6 you get eggrole
3. Send me no flowers
4. It happened to Jane
5. Move over Darling
6. Lover come back

it's likely to be changed again though :lol:

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

My favorite is With Six You Get Eggroll because it was the first film of hers I ever saw. I've been a fan ecer since.

The Thrill Of It All
Pillow Talk
Lover Come Back
The Glass Bottom Boat
Please Don't Eat the Daisies.

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

Jake,
You're rating of your favorite films has moved Lover Come Back up to 4th place. That's my favorite, maybe soon I will see it up to at least second :lol:
Carol