WE'RE BACK!!

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Theodomus
Honorary Member

Re: WE'RE BACK!!

Unread post by Theodomus »

What exactly is the problem?
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

When I try to upload an image it fails and says 'must be between x and x, which it is so I don't understand why it's not accepted - and when I try to link to an image I've uploaded to dorisday.net (my usual method) it doesn't do that either.

So how are you doing it - exactly?

Funny I was looking for that pic you are using for your avatar to make a banner yesterday - in the end I thought we needed something more 'positive' to welcome us back.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

I thought you had changed something.

It took my old, small avatar withouth any problem. When I tried the new one I got the message it was too small. So I made it larger, than came the message it may have up to 6 kb. When I changed that as well it finally worked.

(I thought the minimum height of 200 pixel was quite a lot...)
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

I had no trouble with my avatar. I just put the link on there, changed the pixels a bit, and it worked just fine..
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

IndyDorisFan

Unread post by IndyDorisFan »

This post has been removed as we have agreed not to discuss this book in the public area.

Please repost in the Webmaster's Den - you do not need to re-quote what Doris has said, we have all read it.

Webmaster

Everyone: Please see my message in the Member's Forum.

CokieCola

Unread post by CokieCola »

Thank you - THANK YOU! Glad we're up and running again.

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

Marion , Thanks so much for the HOW TO on the password change,it worked like a charm.Oh and I love your avatar.
suzie

IndyDorisFan

Unread post by IndyDorisFan »

IndyDorisFan wrote:This post has been removed as we have agreed not to discuss this book in the public area.

Please repost in the Webmaster's Den - you do not need to re-quote what Doris has said, we have all read it.

Webmaster

Everyone: Please see my message in the Member's Forum.
Hi,
I can't find the webmaster's den anywhere. How do I get there???

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

Rita, it should be the very last forum listed on the main page. Like the Members Forum, it can only be entered if you're logged on.
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

Bryan, I too received a mass of e-mails, supposedly from this forum. But the address didn't look right, so I deleted them without reading. I changed my password.
The Doris Day Show

dorisdayicon
Honorary Member

Unread post by dorisdayicon »

I'm glad that the forum got its wings back. Thanks for your blood , sweat and tears, Bryan. There is a special place in hell for hackers.
Hi to All!
Velda

c.j

Unread post by c.j »

Welcome back Thank You!! Nice changes..grt banner again thanx for time & effort your the swellest!!!

Kitty

Unread post by Kitty »

I was feeling so sorry for you Brian when the hackers struck! I know you must have worked very hard to get us all back again and so quickly too. To behold this fantastic site in its new form is just amazing. I love it! Thanks so much I am sure I'm not alone when I say I felt a bit lost without it! I really appreciate all you do and look forward to reading lots of great posts from the learned Doris fans amongst us.
Kitty
Attachments
My favourite.jpg
My favourite.jpg (2.71 KiB) Viewed 1919 times

webmaster

Thanks everyone

I've been getting very stressed out as the hacker's got into my Gmail and took that over as well. I was foolishly using the same simple password for most of my accounts so I think they just tried it and it worked. I think many people do the same thing so if you are one of them, learn from my mistakes.

So as well as trying to get the forum back I had to have a complicated exchange with Google to get my email back and then to frantically contact all the people I do websites for as their PayPal details were in my email - with one person having thousands of pounds in theirs. All this while the hackers were taunting us from inside the forum. Thankfully I think their interests were just to show up security flaws in the version of the software I was using.
I'm fortunate in that I had someone I could call on to help me sort it out but as you saw it took quite a while.
Now we have the latest version of the software that, at present, has no security flaws but I will need to update it every time an update is released. And, as people are saying, isn't it a big improvement (apart from the avatars!).

I'm still feeling a bit jumpy so if I seem curt at times (about the books issue) I hope people will understand - please be careful of what and where (Webmaster's Den only) you post on this issue. It's still a very divisive issue but I'm hoping by confining discussion to one controlled area we will be able to manage it. It is an important issue but it is not as important as the reason for having this forum in the first place, which is to share our enjoyment of Doris and to have some fun.

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

webmaster wrote: It is an important issue but it is not as important as the reason for having this forum in the first place, which is to share our enjoyment of Doris and to have some fun.
Beautifully put, Bryan. 8)

I agree with Velda: there is a special place in Hell for hackers. :twisted:
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

thank you dear Bryan, you are a tresaure.I could not live without the forum...thankyou.Marti

crkec1

Unread post by crkec1 »

Congratulations on your great work on this Site Bryan. It all looks real good.

Clive Kirsch(late Songwriter, Joe Lubin's cousin).

webmaster

Thanks Clive, much appreciated - hope you'll feel like joining in. :)