What Doris has given us

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
suzie
Forum Big Sister

Re: What Doris has given us

Unread post by suzie »

Doris , has givin me a lifetime of joy and laughter. Ive loved her since I was a child. :wink:
suzie

Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Doris has given me a new lease of life...I really mean it. The more I know about her , the more I feel I am not alone any more. Thank you very much DD. Marti

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Hello Marti, I agree with your comments. You certainly are a very 'lively' lady, so full of energy and enthusiasm. I think you're brilliant!! 8)

Doris has given me beautiful songs to listen, films to get lost in, and a book that has inspired me. Through Doris, I have made some wonderful friends, Marti being one of them. :)

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

hello SHEILA.....thank you......My impresion of you and Mary are the same....When I will see you, here, ???Bye Marti

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Let's email or pm and discuss...we wil have Annie telling us off for straying off topic, shhhhh!! :shock: :wink:

*Annie*

Unread post by *Annie* »

You're not off topic my friends, this is exactly what Doris has given us...fun and friendship!

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

I agree with everybody's statements, especially Donna's. Doris was a GREAT role model and a perfect ideal to look up to. I don't think that's a fantasy at all. We NEED to strive to be the best we can be at all times. We can never be perfect, but if we don't strive to be the best we can be, then we frequently sink to being the worst we can be, and telling ourselves that that's okay because "we're just human." It's the cream that rises to the top, but where people are concerned, it doesn't happen naturally. You have to work at it all the time.

And that's what Doris has given to me. 8)
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

hmmm, what has Doris given me?

She's given me many new friends. Who I may never have met if I didn't find this forum. She's given me happy days, whenever I need to lift my spirits I just put in a cd or movie and I'm all better.. She's given me the perfect role model to look up to. Someone who has done all that I wish to acheive in life. And she's given me inspiration. The inspiration I needed to follow my dreams to become an actress and a singer..
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

She made my dream come true. She makes me smile everyday. She gave me hope when I was down. Doris just makes the sun shine brighter when I here here sing, watch her movies, keeping in touch and for just being the wonderful person she is and how she has made us all better people because of her.

Thank you DORIS, you are a treasure. :)

Carol

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

Oh she has made me very happy. she is the only actress who I can watch after a rotten day and feel wonderful. She has given hope, joy, optimism, honesty...all of which have been conveyed through her performances. She also has excellent enunciation and her speaking voice is wonderful. She prompted me to lose my New Yawk accent at a young age, which is great. After being away at college for 4 years and coming back to the NEW YORK area, the manager of a bank asked if I was from the south! Her work with animals is wonderful and I think her dedication to anything she does is to be admired and copied, which is something I try to do. She is also a believer in a higher power (dare I say God) and I think that's great. Especially today when so few people believe in anything. I think, on the whole, she inspires me to live a good, clean, optimistic, healthy and stylish life. I'm trying!