Doris Day: Misleading and intrusive media reporting

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day: Misleading and intrusive media reporting

Unread post by webmaster »

Thanks Sheila and I'm sure we'd all agree with your wishes for Veldas' film. (I was tempted to say how much I enjoyed meeting Velda and say how much I liked her, as I expected, but I know, like Doris, she's a very private person and wouldn't appreciate me embarrassing her like that so I won't. :wink: )
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

dorisdayicon
Honorary Member

Unread post by dorisdayicon »

Bryan, I can attest to the fact that you're a very nice person,aswell, and am greatful that you give us all a forum to celebrate Doris. I'm glad you enjoyed the raw footage of the movie. Always nice to get encouragement.
Howard, it's a mystery to me when the film will be done. My editors have abandoned me or they're just taking the summer off without informing me. Maybe, it would help if I paid them. LOL.
Sheila, thanks for the compliments on my CD It was a joy working on it. Doris is a great inspiration to me as she is for all her fans, in one way or another. It was great seeing you and your daughter in Oxford. Sue and Annie did a terrific job hosting the get-together.
Velda

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

Bryan has asked me to let you know that the statement has also been accepted by a free German press release site (I translated it with help of haymarketaddict):

http://www.online-artikel.de/article/be ... 673-1.html

They even embedded the clip directly which I think is great.

It came over the German Google alert this morning and I hope it will be picked up by other sources.

I also sent it to a German fan site and asked for publication, but have not yet received a reply.
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Marion that is brilliant!!...great that they used the video clip in there too! thank you for letting us know :D

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but on Wikipedia it states that she goes by the name Doris Kappelhoff," despite rumors in the tabloid press that she had adopted the name Clara Kappelhoff.[2] Clara is a nickname originally given to her by her Tea for Two co-star Billy De Wolfe, and close friends have called her that for decades.[3][4]"
The Doris Day Show

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

Yes, that's based on her publicist's recent announcement. Before that, someone at Wiki kept saying she was going by the name Clara Kappelhoff. :roll: Luckily, her publicist put an end to that rumor by announcing that she's going by Doris Kappelhoff these days. I think if you click on the link contained in the footnote, it takes you to Linda's press announcement.
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

What people don't always realise is that anybody can edit, correct or add to Wikipedia pages - that's the whole point of it, that it is everyone's contribution. I edited some error and added something to Doris' page last year. I've added photos to Wikipedia's pages on a London Park, etc, so if you see something you think is wrong you can change it, or you can supply further information and provide some link or reference if you can. It should be dispasionate and factual - you don't have to register but it's better if you do, I think - just leave your email and you get a password.

Thanks for doing that, Marion - it looks good. Sometimes these 'pages' take a while to get noticed but I wouldn't be surprised to see them showing up in search engines eventually and it will be a record of our 'concerns' and of letting people know the truth behind the headlines and adding a balance to the 'wild stories'.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Pleasure, Bryan. :-)

Regarding the Wikipedia changes - If somebody changes something he/she should check on it later on if the changes stayed.

Recently John was so kind to edit something on the German Wikipedia site on Doris Day on my request (I am not registered) and he had to do it 2 or 3 times. Somebody insisted that Doris appeared in a disgusting music video of the 90's.... :roll:
Marion

----------

dorisdayicon
Honorary Member

Unread post by dorisdayicon »

A great translation, Marion. Not an easy thing to do. It's great that Doris' fans are actively standing up against the lies and half-truths written about her. It just shows our love and respect for her.
Velda

Darlene Palsmeier

Unread post by Darlene Palsmeier »

I agree that everyone is entitled to their own life especially after one is retired, let the woman enjoy her life anyway she wants too. she has done so much for people and the animals whom have unconditional love and having given her a purpose and my guess is God has given her the talent and all because he knew she would someday help protect his creatures here on earth. God bless you Clara.
yours truly,
Darlene in Kansas

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

good morning dear Arlene, Doris is unique, a wonderful person....I was soo fortunate when she came into my life....I would anything for her.....I LOVE HER, and all the people who thinks the same....Marti

Theodomus
Honorary Member

I was just checking on how often the press release has been looked at yet (about 380 times) and saw that the ratings aren't good anymore.

It started out with 5 thumbs up, now it's 2 up and 3 down.

Maybe some of you would like to correct that? ;-)

http://www.online-artikel.de/article/be ... 673-1.html
Marion

----------

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

We can't have that, can we? I voted.
The Doris Day Show

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Thanks!

3 up and 2 down!
Marion

----------

Theodomus
Honorary Member

I just checked the German online press release - It has been read 753 times now, still 3 thumbs up, 2 down.

So if anybody wants to correct that, please click on

http://www.online-artikel.de/article/be ... 673-1.html and then on the thumbs at the top. ;-)
Marion

----------

TCMMovieFan

Re: Important Statement about Doris Day by her friends

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

Doris Martin wrote:Good morning Bryan, I have just read it....very good indeed....I do hope they stop bothering her...I feel hopeless not being able to do something about it.....Thank you Marti
Agreed 100 % ! It must be extremely tiresome for her to have to listen to these stupidities ! Sorry but I cannot find a better word to describe them.
It seems that these people have tried to portray DD as sort of a second GRETA GARBO which is entirely 'off the mark' !
They neglect to mention her Animal Foundation (is that perhaps too dull for them ?!), her attention to her Fan Mail, etc.
Its bad enough that such garbarge appears in these 'rags' but CBS has done a segment about her which also included some of the same inaccuracies.
As a fan I really wish I also had the power to make them cease and desist and let her go about her business in peace !
PS : Also what's with these candid photos of her going to the supermarket ? Does the media expect someone to go there in a ball gown ?