Doris Day: General Discussion 2

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
suzie
Forum Big Sister

Re: Doris Day: General Discussion 2

Unread post by suzie »

Just have to comment on our great and powerful site protectors new avatar LOL, that is cute Bry... :wink: Sorry for being off topic folks , we now send you back to our regular broadcast ...lol :mrgreen:
suzie

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've finally watched both the DD tv specials, and I loved them! The second one was my favorite.
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Doris Day In London's Wax Museum?

Unread post by littlepinetree »

I am going to be in Paris in October for some music thing. I'm going on a quick trip to London. I sure wish I can stay in London longer! Does anyone know in London's wax museum, if there is a wax figure of Doris Day? She is so loved in England, I sure hope there is! Because I'll be there in such a short time, I'm not sure if I should go to the wax museum if they don't have a Doris Day wax figure. Would it still be worth going to the wax museum?
Also, is there a part of London where I should visit where Doris filmed some of her on location movies?
I'm so excited about this trip! This will be my first time in London and Paris! :D

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Afraid not, LPT, no wax Doris - just a rather limited selection of current (apart from Chaplin) movie stars:
http://www.madametussauds.com/London/Ou ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for locations, you can find information about where scenes for The Man Who Knew Too Much were filmed here: http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/m/manwhoknew.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Royal Albert Hall

(I moved your topic/post here - as I said at the beginning: Please use this section for posts that fall into the area of 'General Discussion' that do not require a whole topic to themselves.)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

Thank you , Bryan for the photo of The royal Albert Hall, that is very lovely isnt it ?
suzie

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Speaking of a wax figure of Doris - I remember seeing one of her and Rock at the World's Fair in NYC in 1964 - does anyone have any idea where that wax figure would be today? It was a fairly good likeness...just wondering????

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Thanks for the picture of The Royal Albert Hall! Because I'm a musician, I've been wanting to see it, but now I have another reason to see it! I loved the movie, "The Man Who Knew Too Much"!
Mary Anne, I would love to find that wax Doris too! I hope she didn't melt! :shock:

webmaster

I couldn't resist making a comment on a blog called "Who Killed God?" - (Is God as Dead as Doris Day?)

http://blogs.news.com.au/news/splat/ind ... 54453/P20/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Re- waxwork, I agree it would be fabulous if still somewhere and to see etc, however, aren't most melted down after a while?

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

That would be so tragic to melt Doris! I imagine them putting a big wick on top of her head and make a big candle out of her wax figure! :cry:
Kidding of course! :lol:
Bryan, maybe I should boycott the London Wax Museum for not having a Doris wax figure! As popular as Doris is in England, there should be!! Maybe the Doris Day fan club in England could try to do something about this!

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Is there a Doris wax figure in any wax museums here in the U.S.?
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I just checked and I couldn't find one.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

Jas, I believe if stored correctly nothing happens to the wax figures. At least at Madame Tussaud's I know they have an "archive" where the heads of the figures taken out of the exhibition are kept, probably for later use in case somebody gets more popular again.
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

daybyday08 wrote:I just checked and I couldn't find one.
I vote we start a petition to get one. Our great lady deserves one. If Britney Spears, Kevin Federline, and their first baby can have one. Than I'll be suprised if we can't get one for our girl.
Megan
-----------------

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I'm with you on this Megan!! :D

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

Yes me too Megan, I cant hardly get over the fact that Doris Day is so "looked over " and passed by all of the time , when others who were not even half as popular get all of the kudos all of the time. I just dont get it. :!: One of the most popular actresses of all time and very little of her praises are sang. Has anyone ever seen anyone more natural at acting or singing ??? Doris IS the part she plays and not many actors have the talent to do that as well as Doris . We want a wax figure !!!! :evil:
suzie

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

GRRRRR!!!!! :!:
YES! WE DEMAND A DORIS DAY WAX FIGURE :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :evil:

gerard
Doesn't fit in to any known category award

Unread post by gerard »

So why did Doris say "You are not a Rock. What a laugh!"
Was she attempting a conversion?

Masters and Johnson found 90% of gays are susceptible to conversion, and thus 10% are not. Rock liked the "Wild life".
"As long as its show business, I'm happy." One of these days, I am going to quit smoking these things.

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Before I start up the petition, there's a few things we need to iron out.. Like where will we send the petition to?? Any suggestions?
Megan
-----------------

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden »

:idea: that's the light bulb going on in my head. I recall reading several years ago that in order to have a wax figure done, the individual has to be measured extensively and have numerous photos taken.
I feel certain that a woman who expresses every year that she doesn't know why a fuss is made over her birthday isn't going to subject herself to these intense measurements and photos.
Maybe the wax museum should donate a couple of million to DDAF.

webmaster

I think there is something creepy about wax museums - Doris is in our hearts, we don't need a wax figure of her somewhere, surely?

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

webmaster wrote:I think there is something creepy about wax museums - Doris is in our hearts, we don't need a wax figure of her somewhere, surely?
Bryan , now that you put it that way you are right it is kind of creepy, love is in the heart , not in a cold wax figure. Ellen is right Doris would most likely not go for it anyway and most likely wouldnt want one anyway. Would you want a wax figure of yourself ? Not me ,it is creepy lol.
suzie

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

webmaster wrote:I think there is something creepy about wax museums - Doris is in our hearts, we don't need a wax figure of her somewhere, surely?
Hello dear Bryan...I completely agree with you....Doris Martin

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Yes, well put.

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I think it would be a little weird too. Plus, we know she would never go through all of that just to have her own wax sculptor.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique