Doris' hair-do

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Re: Doris' hair-do

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

Jas1 wrote:The scene with Doris at the supermarket= having coffee (first time) in the leather coat- also appears to be her own hair (albeit slightly longer than above) - but really lovely. I love that scene where she tells Brian Keith's character- about it being tough brining up a family - although she has a maid who helps...

It was a "fall" in that late market-first coffee at the drive-in scene.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

love this picture posted by our webmaster today.
love the style of this last one too
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

melancholy
Honorary Member

fun picture
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Lauren Benjamin wrote:Back in 1987, there was a Doris Day Convention held in Carmel, CA. Doris attended and gave us the entire day. Only a few of those attending are on this list now - Howard and myself. There were a few others here, but they are gone now.

Anyway, Doris spoke to us for a very long time and then we were able to ask her questions. During the question and answer, she spoke of Gertrude Wheeler, who did her hair back in the early WB years.

She did not seem to like the do's and said that every time she grabbed a mirror and tried to fix her hair, Gertrude would emerge out from behind something on the set and say, "NAUT, NAUT!!!!" Everyone laughed at the funny way Doris said those words!!

You can see videos of the convention by going to YouTube.com and search for "Doris Day" and then "Convention" I think you'll find it. There are 3 videos that I uploaded. Make sure you have the time to watch them, however, because they are several minutes long.

You can see our Handsome Howard talking to Doris in the video as Doris received each person, signed an autograph and talked a minute or two and a professional photographer took a photo with each fan and Doris.

Memorable moments were:
1. She choked up when talking about James Cagney and couldn't continue for a while.
2. They tried to auction off her tear-filled Kleenex to raise more money for animals.
3. She was presented a large check from the entire group for her animal foundation.
4. Ted Nash's wife was there, but Ted Nash was off playing tennis, and did not attend as duly noted by Doris.
Doris told the entire story about how the Nashes decided to move to Carmel and she helped them find a house.
5. Her then secretary - Meg - was there. Sidney Wood was home with the animals.
6. The other gentleman at the podium was a radio DJ from Philadelphia, who Doris had known for many years. Since they were friends, he called her on her birthday and those interviews are some of the best I've heard from Doris - very spontaneous and fun. His name was Joe, but I cannot remember his last name. Maybe Howard can. I think I have those radio shows uploaded to Box.net. I'll see if they are still there.

I'm sure Howard has many memories that he could share also. It was a once-in-a-life time experience. I hope you'll feel a apart of it as you watch the videos. Mike Doyle, who put the convention together used to be the president of her then fan club. He is still with us living in Lansing, MI, and I'm in touch with him often.

Doris looked absolutely gorgeous in a white outfit with "Calamity" type boots with fringe on them and her hair looked fabulous. I think you might agree that we are fortunate that she moved on from Gertrude Wheeler hair dos.

Lauren
Thank you very much..but I can not get it...

melancholy
Honorary Member

Doris with Gertrude Wheeler

melancholy
Honorary Member

You can see the parts from the convention in the video& clips section.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

melancholy wrote:You can see the parts from the convention in the video& clips section.
Thank you..

melancholy
Honorary Member

There is also a picture section to be found uder DDphotos "My new shutterfly web" page.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

ImageImageImageImageImage
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

Welcome to the forum Anialek,I love your avatarpicture

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Thank you melancholy :D Hello :D

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Doris looks so beautiful :D
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

lovely picture,and such detail to keep hair set with a pin...

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Greetings from Polish :D Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

tamah64

Unread post by tamah64 »

Hi Ania
I love Doris' hair style that is your middle photo dated Sun Jul 17 2011, 335x400
My used to be a bit like that until I had it cut, I will try to grow it again, hopefully 4 months is enough time :D

melancholy
Honorary Member

Just watched With six you get eggroll.Doris looks stunning has so many different hair-do's...

Becky
Forum Friend

Unread post by Becky »

WOW that last one. Got to make that my Facebook profile pic soon <3 :shock: :o :o
The others above it are jaw droppingly amazing too, but that one is really amazing

Thank you so much Ania for this pic!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... tairs.jpg/

I've been wanting it since the calendar came out. I asked someone for it and they just told me to buy the calendar :evil:

This one is my second fave. She takes your breath away! I'm a straight lady, but I think she is just stunning
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2536/48351357.jpg