Chat about the Magic 63 birthday broadcast - The actual day

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
megchristie
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Chat about the Magic 63 birthday broadcast - The actual day

Unread post by megchristie »

And here, although it's autumn, we have a beautiful sun and it's around 60F. By the way, I've never seen snow in my life... :roll:
I wish you all a happy Easter!

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Never seen snow! I can't imagine it. There is always at least five or six months when it's always snowing.

:D Hope everyone has a nice Easter!!!! :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

megchristie

Unread post by megchristie »

daybyday08 wrote:Never seen snow! I can't imagine it. There is always at least five or six months when it's always snowing.

:D Hope everyone has a nice Easter!!!! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle »

Is anyone planning to travel to Carmel next April? I've always wanted to go but have never been able to pursuade anyone to go with me, but I'm thinking next year I'll go regardless of whether I have company or not.

I'm thinking of combining a trip to Hollywood with the trip to Carmel, to see Doris's star and handprints. Can anyone recommend places to visit in both Hollywood and Carmel??
Michele

"I believe in living each day as it comes, to the best of my ability. When it's done, I put it away, remembering that there will be a tomorrow to take it's place."
Ginger Rogers

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Chele Belle:
In Beverly Hills, you definitely want to go to Nate 'N Al's Deli at 414 North Beverly Drive...Doris and I used to bike there from her home a lot and enjoyed a late breakfast or lunch there many times - it is still pretty much the same as I was there a few weeks ago. You will also want to go by her old home at 713 North Crescent Drive, however, it looks more like a prison now (dark drab colors) and not the lovely yellow and white with colorful flowers all over that it once was. But it is still where Doris lived for many years and it is a MUST to see. And then hike up the street to the Beverly Hills HOtel to the popular Polo Lounge where Doris spent some time now and then. Beverly Hills has changed so much since Doris was there - it is built up so much more and has too many chain shops, restaurants - does not have the charm, to me, that it once did. When I was with Doris it was less congested.
By the way, if you fly in to LAX and take a cab into Beverly Hills - make sure you tell the cabbie how to go...I had the misfortune of getting a "know-it-all" with a GPS who was going to charge me nearly $80.00 for a $40.00 cab ride. I told him I lived here and the exact way to go - across Century Blvd, to La Cienega Blvd, north on LaCienega to Wilshire and left on Wilshire to Beverly Drive. This yahoo was taking me on the Santa Monica Freeway and when we finally arrived at Nate's - needless to say, I was upset, and told him I would not pay the $80 and he said "Pay what you think it is worth - and I gave him the $40.00 the BH HOtel consierge quoted. End of story!
Hope you have a great time - Carmel is BEAUTIFUL and take time to see everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree »

Carmel was so much fun this year! Carmel is a small place, but renting a car is a good idea at drive to Carmel Valley. So beautiful! The Cypress in is in Carmel by the sea. It's fun just hanging out at the Inn! But the small village like town is fun to walk around in. Great bakeries and shops and also restaurants. But my very favorite restaurant is Terry's in the Inn! They have the BEST burgers I ever had in my life!
I did travel solo, and I never have a problem with that. I even travel to Europe solo, and love it.
It's true, if you don't find someone to travel with and if that keeps you home, you miss so much in life!
This fall I'm traveling to London and Paris solo! :D
I hope to go to Carmel again next year, and hope to see you there!
PS. I hope you will join my facebook devoted to Doris. Just type in littlepinetree1. I would love to have you, and others that have not joined yet!
I have many pictures from my Carmel trip on facebook, so take a look!

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle »

Thanks for the tips both of you - I'm definitely going to make this happen next year now.

And I just sent friend requests to both of you on Facebook - hope you don't mind! :) I'm Michele Stokes, so you know who to look out for.
Michele

"I believe in living each day as it comes, to the best of my ability. When it's done, I put it away, remembering that there will be a tomorrow to take it's place."
Ginger Rogers

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree »

I'll be very happy to have you as a facebook friend! I'll go over there now. :D

wonderful day

Unread post by wonderful day »

hi Carmel sounds wonderful, really thinking about going next year for Doris birthday. Be lovely to get together with all Doris fans :D
really am looking forward to it!

wonderful day

Unread post by wonderful day »

Really looking forward to visiting Carmel next year. Sounds such a beautiful place :D