The Globe Should Be Sued AGAIN!!!

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
John M
Honorary Member

Re: The Globe Should Be Sued AGAIN!!!

Unread post by John M »

Very cool!! Good for her!
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by daybyday08 »

That's great! I'm so happy she did that.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree »

But webmaster, I do remember Doris saying when she did know the DJ was talking about the 1952 radio show,(the DJ finally cleared that up that he was talking about the radio show and not the TV show) she said "I don't remember that" and the DJ said, "That's alright."
That's how I heard it!

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I am so glad that Doris wrote this, and we know how she feels about this. She is such a sharp lady.
And now we know she spells her name Kappelhoff that is written in this letter. Mystery solved.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Well, if I got that wrong, I'm sorry but that's what I remember - which illustrates what we were saying about memory earlier. But I'll re listen later.

Off out - have a nice evening everyone!
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Well, I could have heard it wrong myself, but not a big deal.
I'm mature enough to keep my sanity if I find out I'm wrong about something.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

We can put all this behind us with Doris's response. Aradio interview can get confused uder the best circumstances.The author of the article is Paul Bannister at [email protected]. So anyone could have reported the broadcast. Its a shame someone did and twisted it. But Doris is fine and thats al that matters!

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Way to go Doris! I'm glad she responded to it like that. :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

I know it won't happen but I wish Doris would do an Oprah taped segement showing off her redone home! They both love dogs and would get along well!

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I wish she would go on Turner Classic Movies and do one of The Private Screenings. That would be a real thrill! To see two of my favorite people Robert Osbourne interviewing her and her talking about her life.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Good for Doris with her note to Parada Magazine...a couple of us listened to her at the Cypress Inn in the Lobby and heard every word she said and she sounded great - While the Magic63 on-air personality questioned her about a multiple of topics, she gave very accurate and interesting answers. It was really nice and comforting to hear her for such an extended time and I repeat, she sounded great!

By the way, for those of you who have not had a chance to see or stay at the Cypress Inn, treat yourself sometime to this wonderful hotel. You can see and feel Doris's touch everywhere - it is a charming place and very comfortable - our room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The service was superb and Terry's lounge is a great place to dine for some really fabulous food and a superb continental breakfast. Oh yes, and the pets - there were plenty in the lobby all enjoying one another and no fussing. Just fun for all. What a great place - I love it and hope to get back soon.
"The BEST is yet to come."

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I agree that everyone should treat themselves at least one night at the Cypress Inn!
I enjoyed listening to Doris on the radio in the lobby! What a perfect place to listen to that broadcast!
Doris' mind is as clear as a bell! Nothing wrong with her at all!

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

Good for Doris. I am glad she spoke up,she is one great lady. :D BILL

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes, wonderful to see/ read that Doris has responded to this rubbish and her message hits the right note- perfectly!

Bryan- I had the same understanding as you [regarding the mis-communication on the interview over radio/ TV show] - however as LPT notes; it is no big deal. The big deal is the lady [Day] has spoken!

webmaster

Yes, Jas, regardless of the exact details, I remember listening to him (ED?) while he was talking to her and he mentioned someone that immediately made me think of the radio show - was it Gordon MacRae? and Doris said something like "He's not here any more". I remembered as I worked on the CD as a promotion for it, as you know, and poor Doris had no idea of what he was talking about and I was thinking, "Tell her you are talking about the radio show, you idiot!" Well, he kept going on about loosing his memory himself so I think he was at fault there. And I don't remember him mentioning the year either.

It's not a matter of national security but it got the Globe writing about her loss of memory over it.

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I guess I'm losing my memory too! Lol! :lol:
I could have easily misunderstood, because I listened to the broadcast at Terry's lounge where there were people talking and drinking etc. So I easily could have heard wrong.
I'm sorry for the miss information. But like I said earlier, I keep my sanity when I'm wrong, and I always admit it. we're human. Not all of us are Saint Doris Day. Lol! :lol:
But, I did enjoy the broadcast from what I did hear of it, and I did hear most of it, and hurray for Doris for writing that message. I, among everyone else knew she was alright, but it sure was nice to hear from her!
Doris rocks my world! :D

webmaster

It's no one's fault really - Ed did his best, as Doris sang "It was just one of those things"!

The main thing is that we heard her and she sounded great.

I once phoned a radio station and four women were asking me lots of (friendly) questions and I panicked and said 'Got to go' - I was surprised at how nerve racking it was - easy to forget things because of the stress of knowing lots of people are listening.

megchristie

Unread post by megchristie »

Hi, folks!

I've been out for some days and just got this Globe thing. Gee, how ridiculous can someone get, isn't it true? I guess Doris' doesn't pay much attention to it. At least she shouldn't - these newspaper love to quote people's words totally out of context, so that they can mean other things... Really, which person that is loosing his memory would say that is happening? the person simply wouldn't be able to phrase it... :mrgreen:
Doris is great - she seemed to feel great and this is what matters! And it is her problem if her house needs repairs - mine need too!... :P

gerard
Doesn't fit in to any known category award

Unread post by gerard »

Why do people pick on Doris? Does she do something to invite this "Globalism"? Was it because of something she would not eat? What could it be? Does she take too long grocery shopping?

An interesting aside about David Bret, regarding Marlene Dietrich :

\
She began a close friendship with the biographer David Bret, one of the few people allowed inside her Paris apartment. Bret is thought to have been the last person outside her family that Dietrich spoke to, two days before her death: "I have called to say that I love you, and now I may die."
Do you suppose it is true?
"As long as its show business, I'm happy." One of these days, I am going to quit smoking these things.

megchristie

Unread post by megchristie »

wow, I just read doris' answer on the rubbish it was written about her. What a woman. that's why I LOVE HER SO!

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

megchristie wrote:wow, I just read doris' answer on the rubbish it was written about her. What a woman. that's why I LOVE HER SO!
Me too.....Doris Martin

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

It's still going on, I just read the same rubbish on the website of the Daily Express.

People who are signed up there can comment - Maybe someone can post the link to Doris' answer and maybe even to the radio interview on You Tube on there for the people to read/hear for themselves?

In fact, we should do that everywhere we find this garbage and where it is possible...

Doris' words:
http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebri ... umors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Call on You Tube Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtCx5jH54e0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

I wish my mind was as sharpe as Doris'. Iv'e got to tell you guys what I did yesturday lol. :oops: :oops:
I am off from work this week ,so my sister called and wanted to know if I would like to meet her for lunch. I said "sure ". I had been out mowing my lawn and so I needed to take a quick shower and get dressed to meet my sister. I had to hurry, because my sister who works for the government had to go and teach a class at a local town right after our lunch. As my sister and I sat at the resturant my sister started to snicker to herself a little bit. Then she started to giggle and I kept saying "what ?" Finally she said "sis, you put your shirt on inside out . lol lol lol. :| :shock: I started to laugh so hard. HOW EMBARASSING !!! :? :? :oops: I guess we all have our moments lol. Glad I am not famous or my face would have been plasterd all over the papers lol.
(needless to say I made a quick retreat to the ladies room and fixed my shirt lol )
suzie

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Suzie, there are clothes made that way, that look like it's inside out even when it's not! Could be no one didn't think anything of it, but your sister knows you and what you normally wear, so she noticed. But if there was a tag that shows, then sure, people would notice. About a year ago, I put my shorts on inside out. I noticed it before getting out of the car, so inside the car, I was able to fix it without anyone seeing me. I remember, I was in the parking lot of Blockbusters!

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

LOL Thats cute LPT, I always take the tags off anyway as I hate them to rub on my neck. So there was no tag. It tickeled my sis so much, I have to admit it was funny. I will never live that one down lol. It was a very nice top and it was rather hard to tell, okay now im making excuses lol. :!: :oops: :mrgreen:
suzie