How far would you go?

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

How far would you go?

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Recently, I watched on the news that for a certain celebrity people were actually mortgaging there homes so that they could get really great seats to a concert ,that was only going to happen once in a lifetime.

Say Doris was going on tour and she was singing in your town. How much would you be willing to pay to see her? If she was only touring once and never again would you actually mortg-age something if you didn't have the money to see her? I found this really interesting.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

webmaster

Re: How far would you go?

Unread post by webmaster »

Would I? No. Maybe if it was Jesus. :wink:
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

I wouldnt morgage anything to hear a concert by anyone . If I couldnt afford to go I simply wouldnt go. It is an interesting topic though Domminique . I will be interested in hearing what others would do in this case. :wink:
suzie

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

Nope , cant say I would morgage anything just to hear someone sing :?: :?: Those fans must have been HUGE fans .

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

If it was me and Doris was going to perform in concert only once and I was an adult , I think I would pay a lot of money to see her but never mortgage anything. That's a little too far.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden »

I recently had to make the decision of how much was too much. The Fleetwood Mac tour was coming to Philadelphia and I really wanted to see them. Until I found out the tickets were $175.00 each. That wouldn't have been the only expense. The trip to Philly is a tank of gas. I'm sure we would have gone somewhere for dinner before the concert, not cheap in Philadelphia. And, since it's an hour and a half drive we probably would have considered staying overnight. The entire cost per person would have been close to $300.00. I decided I couldn't justify the cost.

But...Doris Day. I'll pay anything and find any means available to get the money. :D

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree »

I know this topic is all in fun. But, no one deserves to charge so much money for a concert that you have to sacrifice that much! I think Barbra Streisand's concerts cost way too much. Sure she's great, but I think it's inhuman to charge so much that only the super rich can afford to go. It's not right. If I really love a performer, like I love Doris, I would spend maybe about $200 or so. But if a concert cost so much that it would make me go deeply into dept, then no, I'll just listen to the CD's and watch movies. I watch the "Suzie Orman" Show every Saturday. She made me wiser about money!