Factor Video

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Dianne
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day: General Discussion 3

Unread post by Dianne »

If anyone can listen to NPR on the East Coast....they are doing a wonderful commentary on Doris Day and all of her co-stars (at this very minute). It's on 88.1
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

According to NPR's website, the broadcast from this morning will be available on the NPR.org website later today. I was just so surprised to tune in and hear it only to find that I missed most of it.
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

It's a wonderful interview ... here's the link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =123710238
Like Irene Dunne done.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Thanks to Diane and Howard for these comments from a fellow Day fan. So...she's like a Valentine. Very appropriate for today's listening. I love NPR, by the way. A really wonderful web site with much great American news, views and entertainment.

Lauren

Josh Wagner

Unread post by Josh Wagner »

Thanks for sharing,
Because, I would have missed this Gem.
I Agree, 100% with the guests comments,
Doris 's Beautiful to Look At , (and to Listen To!!)
What a Lovely Valentine! :D
In my opinion

gerard
Doesn't fit in to any known category award

Unread post by gerard »

I agree with Doris that large entities need more administrative controls, not less.

There is a fallacy that BIGNESS and NONREGULATION go together - sure they do, if you want CHAOS and PAIN.

Large dinosaurs had three brains, but a little doggie only has to have one brain. And a woman of size needs restrictorator devices for larger than 36 bust.

What would make banks, farms, or governments think any differently?
"As long as its show business, I'm happy." One of these days, I am going to quit smoking these things.

gerard
Doesn't fit in to any known category award

Unread post by gerard »

Well, who cares about banking anyway? As long as they do not lose our money outright. National movements are arising, stopping the crazy stuff our politicians are pulling. Dirty varmints! Maybe Clegg would be better than Brown. Brown reminds me too much of Dudley Moore to be taken seriously.

I thought I would bring "Hachiko : A Dog's Story" to your attention. It is the story of a professor and his dog, as viewed by the dog. I have not seen the movie, but I was told it was difficult not to get emotionally wrapped up in it. It stars Richard Gere.
"As long as its show business, I'm happy." One of these days, I am going to quit smoking these things.

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

I just heard a television commercial for miracle grow potting soil which I have seen numerous times, but just now realized that the man talking was Philip Brown from Doris's television series. I had read that he did commercials, but had never seen him for myself, it was a nice surprise.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Just found myself reading an interview with Doris and the Animal News Center about her animal welfare work - and pets at the Cypress Inn, at the end here:
ANC: Do more dogs like to sleep on the bed on the inviting spread they are given, or do they opt to bunch it up on the floor for a snooze?

DD: Different dogs seem to like things their own way. If a pet guardian brings along the dog's own bed, that's usually where the dog will sleep. When pet blankets are provided by the Cypress Inn, about seventy percent of the dogs will sleep on the floor with the pet blanket provided for them, while the rest will sleep on the bed with the pet blanket.

ANC: Since the Inn has greeted each pet as a welcomed guest, what is the most outrageous response received in return?

DD: The only really outrageous story that has happened at the Cypress Inn is from one year, around Christmas time, when we had a guest who wasn't aware of our pet-friendly policy. Much to her surprise, we had about twenty-seven pets in-house for the holidays. The guest was so moved by the sight of so many happy animals with their guardians that she made a five-hour round-trip back to her home in San Francisco to pick up her cat and join in on the fun.

ANC: What are your plans for the future?

DD: My work with the non-profit organizations and my own companion animals is more than a full-time job. I'm having a great time, with lots of work ahead to help the four-leggers and all the people who care for them. That's my future.
I was struck by how articulate she is, such as in the answer to this question:
ANC: What legal protections are offered to animals used in the production of films?

DD: There are no laws specifically governing the use of animals in the production of films. All animal breeders or exhibitors licensed with the U.S. Department of Agriculture are subject to the regulations set by the federal Animal Welfare Act (AWA), which stipulates minimal acceptable standards for things like cage size, sanitation, and access to food and water.
http://www.goldduets.com/Doris%20Day%20Interview.htm
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering