Factor Video

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Dianne
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day: General Discussion 3

Unread post by Dianne »

webmaster wrote:I had a lovely dream about Doris last night - she was kind of ageless in it as you sometimes are in dreams. I woke up and thought "Damn! I was enjoying that!" and tried to go back to sleep.
Oh, what a lovely dream!
John M wrote: Bryan, aren't dreams fun? :D

Something like this? :mrgreen:
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Something like that - at least when I realised it was only a dream, not while it was happening obviously. Perhaps "I'll See You in My Dreams" would be closer, which is the only time I get to see her. :cry: But thanks for that, very sweet, did you do that?
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

Credit is to Dayniac...she produced this wonderful Youtube!

I've had a few dreams about meeting Doris (not like yours :wink: ). One was probably two weeks ago. Mikey and I were sitting at a table at his favorite restaurant discussing Doris AND I see Doris approaching the table. (She looked as she would today -- glowing!!!!) When she arrived, she said "Hi Mike", as he was looking at his scrapbook...I said "Mikey, your friend is here." Well, he looked up and the rest is history!! A joyful moment...and it was Mikey's moment, not mine. She was definitely there to see him!

Doris has evidently influenced us all in so many ways. Isn't it wonderful?

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

If only that dream came true, Diane...I keep waiting for the phone to ring or for the little note saying "Hey Mike..Come out to Carmel and see me".

webmaster

Stick with it, Diane, I find the more I dream about her the closer we get! :) It seemed to start a few years ago when I was living somewhere else with a big garden and she moved into the house next door. I saw her through the fence and thought 'why has she given up Carmel for cold, grey London'? (it was December). By the end of the dream I was in her huge kitchen typing a fan letter reply for her and thinking I mustn't take up too much of her time! I still remember that one. I think I've had about five that I remember and now we are the best of friends (in my dreams!). So keep dreaming - and don't let Mikey push you out of the way!

Sweet Dreams! :)

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Obviously, Mr. Webmaster, Diane knows me a lot better than you do. I would NEVER shove a woman, and when it comes to Doris, I am a gracious sharer of my joys.

webmaster

I was only kidding - I'm sure you're a lovely person, Mikey. 8)

Mr Webmaster

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

Mikey is a great guy!! He's the type that would throw his trench coat over a puddle so Doris's tootsies would stay dry. (Did people really do that or was it only a myth-- how could that possibly work??? :shock:) We know you know that Bryan -- I bet you are the chivalrous type too 8)

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

I've had quite a few Doris dreams myself. One of my favorites had to do with a time machine. My parents got me this totally cool time machine for my birthday. And me and my friend Kayla wanted to try it out. So my parents said ok, as long as you're back here in a few minutes. (Which totally worked because when you went back to the present you could just come back a few minutes later then you left) So we went to this gas station in the past and met Doris. Then we went back even earlier to when Doris was like in high school. Then we went to the same high school and became like best friends with her. Then we all became actresses together, by the time we had kids and stuff we had to tell Doris we were from the future. And we said we had to leave but to look us up and meet us at my house like at the same time we'd be coming back. Then we went back to the present, and Doris and our kids were at my doorstep. It was quite strange, but great all the same!!

I hate when you have a great dream, then you wake up and it wasn't real.
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle »

It looks like The Man Who Knew Too Much is going to get a bluray release - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch ... earch.y=13

I'm kind of excited about this because I love hi-def - it makes films look so pretty!

Michele

"I believe in living each day as it comes, to the best of my ability. When it's done, I put it away, remembering that there will be a tomorrow to take it's place."
Ginger Rogers

webmaster

I enjoyed reading Mary Anne's interview about Doris on her book signings - it felt honest and matter of fact:

http://nwitimes.com/entertainment/colum ... 2b40a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Josh Wagner

Re: Factor Video

Unread post by Josh Wagner »

I found this news video. It's the same old story but it's still nice to check out:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1116721/o ... doris_day/
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Thanks, for sharing :D
In my opinion

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Josh,
Thank you for posting that nice 6 minute piece on Doris and her career...it really sums it up. So nice to see it again - O'Reilly has done several pieces on her which is great to get stories about Doris on national TV.
If you find more gems like this one, please post them.

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

Day&MacRae
Forum Friend

Unread post by Day&MacRae »

Hi everyone,
I was online and I found this of Doris. I don’t think they were being very nice at the beginning! Doris looks fine!!! For goodness sakes why don’t they just leave her alone! I hate all there terrible gossip! I don’t think she changed her name did she? Why does it matter anyway? I don’t know if any one has seen this already or not but I had to post it.

............................................................................................................................
Kimberly - we've seen this and don't like it so I've remove the link, if that's okay. Don't really want to give publicity to it - it's just cheap journalism by people who don't know the facts. Just ignore it, as Doris says.

Bryan
~Kimberly~

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Kimberly,

we had a lot of discussion about this - it will be somewhere on the forum.

I too think Doris looks great for her age.

j

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

You all forget that the picture has been DOCTORED considerably by the Globe's photo program (something much better that photoshop).
I seriously doubt Doris was wearing those clothes. And come on, guys...we ALL know what a fanatic DoDo has ALWAYS been about how she looks. So, older or not..that is NOT a picture that totally tells the truth of how doris looks today. i have a couple much better ones.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Which pictures are you talking about? The ones from last year? Doris's clothes looked ok and so did she. She looked neat with the grey pants and white shirt and straw hat. I have never heard of even tabloids putting different clothes on their subjects. Thats a little far fetched!

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

I agree with Ray. I believe that the photos of Doris in the Globe are for real and have not been doctored. I think she looks great for her age. She is walking unassisted. She is walking upright and not bent over or in a wheelchair. I think those clothes are her clothes.

Lauren

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Nothing wrong with those clothes. I was happy to see her looking so well!
Like Irene Dunne done.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

I too was happy to see her looking so well!! She was kind of strutting with an I don't care attitude. We should all look that good in our eighties!!! I feel ancient at 57!!!! The photo of her with her hat off in the car with the dog was nice too!

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

I have to agree with Ray and Lauren on this one: she looks pretty darned good for 87! Her stride seems confident and purposeful. She also looks like she does not suffer interlopers or prying photographers gladly. To my eyes, there is nothing old or frail about her in this pic.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

I must have seen a different photo. In the one I saw, her hair looked like straw, and I refuse to believe that Doris would go out with her hair looking that way.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Be glad she has hair at all!!!! Many older woman are nearly bald! She has a full head of hair and its long and flowing and probably straightened. She liked wearing her hair like this so more power to her.

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

A general question....does anyone know if Doris is a "serious" tea connoisseur? I know that Jas sends her tea which she absolutely adores.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Everyone talks about green tea now. I like regular tea with milk and sugar. My Mother who was Irish had me drinking tea since I was a kid. There is nothing like a hot cup of tea. Imagine having tea for two with Doris!!! That could happen at the Cypress Inn! :D