New Doris Day Websites!

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
BabeWilliams
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: DORIS' WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

The sound of Doris' voice is so heart warming. I love getting to hear her actually talking to us!! This website is amazing!!! I can't wait for Doris to post a new message to us. This is spectacular.. I love it.
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Re: DORIS' WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

Yes, this is a beautiful website, I am thrilled with all it's features, including features on Duffy Day, the new Laurel Canyon Doggy Shade Pavillion in Los Angeles, and best of all, a 2009 recent pic of Doris taken on her birthday in her Carmel Valley home. She is just radiant! And, if you hadn't noticed, you can add your name and email for new updates from her site. I can't wait for her new CD to be released.. My Heart.

Bixby
Forum Friend

Re: New Doris Day Websites!

Unread post by Bixby »

She looks and sounds wonderful and the website is great!!! And, I love her new kitchen; it certainly looks like her. Thanks Doris!!!!

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Fans all over the world now have web site from Doris' "own hands" so to speak. I love what it has to offer thus far and look forward to more information and perhaps photos in the future. Congratulations to Doris on this fine endeavor.

Lauren

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

It is a webwonder,really.Very nicely set up.I am very grateful for the last picture of the timeline.It is overwhelming that Doris has this photograph taken,ready,willing and able to show to the world.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

(I've merged the topic "DORIS' WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING" with this to avoid confusion as it's the same topic but this one began first.)

Nora Neat
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Consider this: Fred net radio plays Doris Day songs 4 x an hour 24/7. Add it up. Then tell me any place else where you can hear this much Doris Day music.
Consider this: Additionally, Fred net radio has a two hour show every sunday on the musical career of Doris Day. That show is re-broadcast three other times during the week. That makes an additional 8 straight hours of Doris Day music.
Consider this: Fred net radio runs an ad several times a day for the Doris Day Animal Foundation.
Then:
Consider this: Not a single mention ANYWHERE on the new dorisday.com website. But Magic 63 is mentioned...and how often is her music played there? NADA
So much for the organizers of this new website and whether or not they are truly advertising the places people can go on the internet to really hear the music of Doris Day!!!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Isn't the website wonderful? Truly great.

Mikey, hopefully, through time, things will be updated etc. Several of the photos have incorrect dates, but it is a very small grumble - I am sure the organizers just wanted to get things up and running. Please continue to do the magnificent work in promoting Doris' music on Frednet, it is amazing what you do there.

Re- the 2009 pic- Doris looks amazing for her age, and there is another one under photos- that seems fairly recent - glad in that one (red check shirt)- she appears to be enjoying a beer!

Go Doris - we adore you.
xx

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Thanks, jas...I am glad it is appreciated .

webmaster

Mike, I know from experience - and I'm sure you do too - that if you look for appreciation you set yourself up for disappointment. Just do it because you enjoy it, which you obviously do. Appreciation will find you, and it won't always be for the things you expect it for. We take one another for granted - and that's not so bad - and we sometimes forget to say thank-you. There are a lot of people on here I should say thank-you to, I do sometimes, but mostly I just have a quiet appreciation, which is probably what most people feel about what you've done on Frednet Radio,including dorisday.com

And I think that Doris really appreciates what us fans do for her in our many different ways.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

I noticed that one of the articles was written by Allen Pollack. I known Allen since back in the 60s. He's British, I believe, and probably isn't aware of Frednet. I'm not making excuses, but just pointing out that it's probably an oversight.

Also, Doris has been on Magic for years and well known to most hard-core fans. Frednet had their first show this year. Perhaps you can contact Allen and let him know what you are doing. Just a thought.

I don't think the oversight was purposeful. I think there are just too many things going on right now for Doris' first venture out on the net.

Lauren

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Mikey,you make so many people happy.Doris is at the other coast and so familiar with Magic 63.Frankly,you should get Doris on the phone on her birthday,I am sure you would not confuse her.....spread the love
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

I also opened the new site of Doris' yesterday and didn't find any forum for us friends and fans to leave a message. We could let many information about who's doing great job for her fans from truly love to Doris.
In the name of many fans who don't write to this Forum but only log in time to time and enjoy it
T H A N K Y O U! Bryan and Mike
and continue showing your apretiation to our beloved lady, P L E A S E!

Your thankfully Nada
PS I used a DD site for making a donation to DDAL

webmaster

Thanks Nada - I assume everyone signed up for the mailing list?

Does this mean that Doris now has access to a computer and may finally see sites like this and Stephen's?

Let's hope so - although I'm sure the animals will always come first.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Bixby wrote:She looks and sounds wonderful and the website is great!!! And, I love her new kitchen; it certainly looks like her. Thanks Doris!!!!
Great observation about her kitchen looking like her. It has a sunny, warm look that suits her personality to a tee. In fact, everything about her home and the extensive renovations comes across as authentic. Just like Doris. There's nothing phony or the least bit pretentious about her.

Michael H
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

I was just listening again to her opening message; she sounds so happy!! She is right; she didn't retire. She is one busy lady. Just taking care of all her animals would be quite time consuming and overwhelming. Gee, I only have one little shih Tzu (Coco) that demands a lot of attention and I get overwhelmed with him. But, of course, Doris has that big house and all her staff to manage and her mail and now the website. She seems to have just as much energy as she always showed on the screen. What an inspiration!!!

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Oh, how wonderful it is to hear Doris' voice and know she is really okay!!!
I just now visited the new website (which is marvellous), and I listened to Doris' message 3 times! LOL
She sounds really GOOD, and I can't wait to hear more from her!! :)
It's also wonderful to see a recent photo of her, since we haven't been able to see her for so long! I am full of appreciation to all those who have gotten this website up and running!!!
I noticed that the new CD is scheduled for definite release in the UK, but is "still in negotiations" for the US. Does anyone know any more about this....? I certainly hope it will be released here!!!
Hope you're all having a lovely "Day"!!
God Bless :)

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

The "powers that be" tend to forget something very important...As far as I know, Doris is STILL a US Citizen. If the album is released world-wide, at the same time, it would have much larger impact..and I am sure we would like to see it make the charts ALL OVER.

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

Just visited the new site and just love it.

The intro-message is great, she sounds really happy and well.
I noticed that the new CD is scheduled for definite release in the UK, but is "still in negotiations" for the US. Does anyone know any more about this....? I certainly hope it will be released here!!!
So what? Thanks to the www you can order with Amazon UK ;-)
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Yes, very true....thanks, Marion :)
I'm just worried about short supply.....
And I can't imagine its' not being released here! That would be crazy!
Hope you're having a lovely "Day"! :)

webmaster

That's a bit odd, isn't it - there must enough US fans to release it in the USA, surely? It's a much bigger country for one thing! But, as said, CDs are not limited to countries on the Internet.

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

It seems I'm having a hard time taking everything in on her website, because when I go back and look again I always see something I've missed. I was just reading Duffy Day's story again and see that it was an Omaha Veterinarian that rescued Duffy Day and is a friend to Doris. She also saved some horses from Western Nebraska, so Doris is putting Nebraska on the map. Although, the abused animals do not put Nebraska in a good light, the fact that Doris's has a friend from Nebraska does. Thanks Doris!!

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

According to her website, the new CD has been delayed until next year. Looks like Sony is rethinking this and now plans to release it in the UK next Spring and later in the year, release it as part of a CD boxed set in the US. This is disappointing news.

Michael H
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

webmaster

All good things are worth waiting for. :wink:

Jiminy Cricket

Unread post by Jiminy Cricket »

But it's so much time! How can I wait that long?! And if I die until there? :shock: I will be furious! =P
- "With a smile and a song,life is just a like bright sunny day..." -