New Doris Day Websites!

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: New Doris Day Websites!

Unread post by webmaster »

Well, I'm sure they have CD players in Heaven. :lol:
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

TCMMovieFan

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

webmaster wrote:
I noticed that the new CD is scheduled for definite release in the UK, but is "still in negotiations" for the US. Does anyone know any more about this....? I certainly hope it will be released here!!!
That's a bit odd, isn't it - there must enough US fans to release it in the USA, surely? It's a much bigger country for one thing! But, as said, CDs are not limited to countries on the Internet.
Webmaster !
Although there are exceptions obviously - the music of Doris and many of her colleagues and contemporaries have largely fallen out of the US consciousness. There are not too many commercial radio stations playing her type of music and unlike the UK - we do not have a BBC to help keep this music before the public so they can know about it and get to like it. If the younger generations have never heard Doris sing through her recordings than how can they get to know her voice ? The recording industry here in the US gives such scant attention to the promoting of such music especially when it comes to singers from previous generations. Also in the US we no longer have outlets---i.e. the stores that sell a wide variety of CDS. TOWER RECORDS which was quite a massive chain closed all of its branches. Some of the usual store chains only stock the current music. The bigger bookstores sell CDS but their selection is quite limited so for many the internet is probably the only source to buy these rarities.
Its a shame !

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I'd like to comment about several of the posts if I may please? First of, Doris' music and that of her contemporaries have definetly come into fashion over the last decade or two. If it hadn't, you wouldn't be hearing from the likes of Nelly McKay and Melinda Schneider! Nelly has British roots, having parents both from Britain and the US, and a NYC resident. Melinda is Australian I believe. It makes sense, especially with many of the musical projects being handled by Stephen Munns, from the other Doris website, that things would kick off there in England, who have never allowed Doris' style of music or films become out of style. That being said, I did read from Stephens site that the new Doris Day CD "My Heart" will be released in the spring of next year, not so far away folks! Guess whose birthday is in the Spring, April 3? Bingo boys and girls! I trust it will be released nearer her birthday, where she can promote it on the Magic site, and hopefully ,that of the Frednet site as well, which we greatly appreciate btw, Mike!

Its like the fan websites of Brians and Stephens, both beautiful sites promoting Doris for us grateful fans. We appreciate both of them, and common love for Doris spurs them on, without the squabble, just pure love!
We appreciate Frednet and Magic 93, and it makes sense that Doris calls in to the local station in her area, people who she has come to know. With the many famous people from the Frednet site calling in, perhaps this year Doris can arrange to call in there? Be nice if it can be set up way in advance, coordinate it with any of the people that have contact with Doris.

We as fans, because of the new website, have had all our fears for her health and prosperity extinguished!
As from the website we find that she sounds and looks great, very definetly with it as they say! Perhaps, she doesn't have the knowledge of the web, I certainly don't know it all, and I'm half her age! So lets give her a break, let her do what she does best, taking care of the animals and enjoying her life in beautiful Carmel shall we? One last note, not only does she have quite a few animals she loves and provides for, as we found out from the story of Duffy, she takes in and cares for alot of the animals who have special needs.
Whereas most people are wanting cute lil healthy puppies and kittens, she takes on the aged, handicapped animals that just like humans with similar conditions, still have the love and life in them, and most of all, have come to trust in humans once again. We all could learn from their example.

TCMMovieFan

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

I am glad but not surprised that DD is doing OK.
Its those silly supermarket 'rags' that like to write trash about major stars from an earlier era. They want to see these people as 'victims' and 'overdramatize' and will write numerous errors and factual inaccuracies. They also apparently refuse to believe that any 'star' can find happiness and personal satisfaction beyond the confines of Hollywood.
Its all very stereotypical on their part !

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

webmaster wrote:Well, I'm sure they have CD players in Heaven. :lol:
VERY GOOD...

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

WEBSITE HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR THE FALL
Please- check it out when you can. -> DORISDAY.COM
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

The new fall message is great! She sounds so happy and so thrilled with her new website! Thanks Doris, it is great to hear from you!!!

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

Did everyone check out the DDAF home page? There is parade magazine quote from Doris that is very cute.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

How great the fall-message sounds!!!
Check it out,and thanks for sharing this lovely news.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Oh, how I love hearing Doris' voice, and knowing that she is doing so well!! This new message from her sounds so wonderful! It's evident that she is speaking straight from the heart--and of course, it's all about the four-leggers as far as she is concerned!! :)

What a treat to be able to hear directly from Doris! I am so thankful for technology!! LOL

I hope you're all having a lovely "Day"!
God Bless,
Rachel

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Love to hear her voice, she sounds wonderful, she sounds so happy and enjoying her website, wonderful, wonderful, Thank you Miss Day, it's great and wonderful to hear you.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes, she sounds great, doesn't she?

melancholy
Honorary Member

mikeydv wrote:Consider this: Fred net radio plays Doris Day songs 4 x an hour 24/7. Add it up. Then tell me any place else where you can hear this much Doris Day music.
Consider this: Additionally, Fred net radio has a two hour show every sunday on the musical career of Doris Day. That show is re-broadcast three other times during the week. That makes an additional 8 straight hours of Doris Day music.
Consider this: Fred net radio runs an ad several times a day for the Doris Day Animal Foundation.
Then:
Consider this: Not a single mention ANYWHERE on the new dorisday.com website. But Magic 63 is mentioned...and how often is her music played there? NADA
So much for the organizers of this new website and whether or not they are truly advertising the places people can go on the internet to really hear the music of Doris Day!!!
WELL!!!! WHAT A THRILL DIVINE NEVER DESPAIR!!!!!BALTIMORERADIO HAS BEEN PUT ON THE MAP AT DORIS' SITE!!!!!thanks for sharing the good news Dominique.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Congratulations Mike - you finally got mentioned. :)

News - Doris Day Is Back On The Radio Again!

http://www.dorisday.com/news?id=0004

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Thanks everyone.....Why I think it is important: now ALL doris day fans who visit dorisday.com will KNOW FOR SURE there IS SOMEPLACE where they can go to hear DD every day 24/7. That is the only reason why I hooked up with frednet in the first place...to champion the cause of sharing Doris Day music with the world so they can all see how wonderful she truly is.
I got to share the music of her contemporaries as well...and that makes it twice as good.

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Mike,
I love the fact that you play many songs by Doris I have never heard before. Each one is special and she sounds wonderful in each. Where else can you hear such great music, but especially to be able to hear Doris several times an hour, and then the bonus of your special shows on Sunday and Wednesdays. I look forward to ALL the special shows you are planning....Thank you and thank you, Keith for ALL you are giving us!

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

xpersian

Unread post by xpersian »

Hello Mike,
I´m so glad that Frednetradio is finaly notice on the
dorisday.com. It´s credit for wonderful job that you do
for all of Doris´s fans around the world. I never miss your "Sentimental Journey"
it´s just great. Thanks to you I always learn something new about
Doris´s songs which I love so. You are simply the best Mike Thank you!
Have a nice Day :D
Hana

melancholy
Honorary Member

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

thanks everyone...we try.
Fred Net no longer appears on the DD website. It was pulled off, and we have no idea why. It seems very strange that a site devoted to DD would not want is viewers to know that Doris is on the radio 24/7 on frednet.

webmaster

It will always be on here as long as you play her music, Mike, if that's any consolation.

(And this site gets more visitors! :twisted: )

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

and you wonder why you are my favorite webmaster?

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

I just love Doris's holiday message; she is hilarious! And, her persian cat, Angel is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. What a perfect name. And a Merry Christmas to you Doris!!!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

And a 'big fat' here here - from here - chilly (but wonderfully Christmasy) Ireland! x

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

There is a new message up but we can not here it yet.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

Yes, I was wondering what up with that???