I'm new here

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Robert13
Spam Prevention: Yes

I'm new here

Unread post by Robert13 »

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post. I couldn't find an "Introduce Yourself" section. I just found this forum. I never knew a forum for Doris existed. I am a big fan. Love her movies and most-especially love her TV specials and her sitcom. I think I have seen "The Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff Special" at least 40 times. And that's just this year. :lol: It always makes me smile, as does Doris. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate that this board is here. I will be visiting frequently. There's no one like her.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: I'm new here

Unread post by Jas1 »

Welcome Robert,

Wonderful to have you on board, here's to many great 'Days.'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Hi Robert! Nice to meet you!! :D
I hope you have fun on here.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Welcome to the forum, Robert! I know you'll love it here! It's wonderful to be able to talk about our Doris with fellow Doris admirers :)

Have a lovely "Day"!

Rachel

Jiminy Cricket

Unread post by Jiminy Cricket »

Welcome Robert!
I'm sure you will enjoy here,I'm mean,everybody does! :D
- "With a smile and a song,life is just a like bright sunny day..." -

CalamityLisa

Unread post by CalamityLisa »

Hi Robert!
Nice to meet you!
How did you get to know Doris?
Enjoy the forum. Lisa

Robert13

Unread post by Robert13 »

Hi! Sorry for not posting a reply since I started this thread. I completely forgot that I did. :lol:

Anyhow, CalamityLisa had asked how I got to know Doris. I am a huge classic tv fan. And I had never been able to see "The Doris Day Show" until the dvds came out. Needless to say, I was hooked. It's like pure gold to me. I like happy and there's so much on tv these days that is not happy that it's great to be able to turn to things like Doris' show for laughs and smiles. I must admit I hadn't seen all of her movies so I am still catching up but I've seen quite a few of them.

I think my favorite movie is probably "That Touch Of Mink" (Doris AND Audrey Meadows -- who could resist?) but I also love "Do No Disturb", "With Six You Get Eggroll" and "Midnight Lace". OH! And, of course, the drunk scene in "Where Were You When The Lights Went Out" is priceless.

However, as I've said before, her TV specials are almost an obsession with me. They are so much fun to watch. I just love 'em.

But back to the original question... I got to know Doris from always hearing about her growing up. It wasn't until about 6 years ago that I really started reading more about her and collecting her music and movies. And that's how the love affair began. In the world we are living in today, it's refreshing to me to see the longevity of such a performer who is so genuine in her work and truly exudes happiness (yes, even if she has cried "buckets" of tears in her movies :lol: )

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Welcome, Robert! It's so nice to meet you! :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~