Is the Globe at it again?

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Is the Globe at it again?

Unread post by webmaster »

Anyone know what this is all about?

http://coverawards.com/2010/11/10/doris ... -her-life/
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

melancholy
Honorary Member

Re: Is the Globe at it again?

Unread post by melancholy »

Sure,this is the result of Doris coming out of her shell in the interview with Jonathan Swartz. She just is a happy talker, and she is bait for the Globe, as she mentioned she has allergies because of the climate, off and on bronchitis. Like a hoarse throat.
At least, this is what I think..
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Sounds a bit extreme, to put it mildly, to interpret that she is fighting for her life as a result of a sore throat. Surely they must have gotten more information from someone?

I wish she could get an injunction against the Globe to stop them writing these kinds of stories, which are obviously untrue and just worries all of us who care about her and know that she is sensitive to this kind of thing.

I hope this doesn't stop her giving interviews - judging by her last interview she seems ready to share things that she didn't want to talk about before - including her life as an entertainer. For a long time she only wanted to talk about her animal work, so I hope this doesn't put her off.

melancholy
Honorary Member

My thoughts exactly,remember there was this picture of her home,and they said,Doris is ready for when she passes on (I put it somewhat milder)but that was quite extreme too.They don't need much.Or on her way toSaveways,that she looked like a recluse,she was going shopping,so what?They are vulchers,and I thought it was so great hearing Doris talking like that,but I hope she won't be too upset.She might just say"they always need somebody to pick on" or I am a alive and kicking and that is food for the tabloids.
Anyway,I do not think Doris is fighting for her life.When the word bronchitis comes up and you are 86,there they go again.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

Did everyone take it from her Jonathon Schwartz interview that the Bronchitis was a very recent thing? I mean since her last birthday? I was just wondering, because she was speaking about how her voice sounds different to her, but she has touched on this the last couple of years on her birthday of course in regards to allergies.

webmaster

Yes, exactly - it's hardly news.

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

A good friend of mine just returned from visiting in person with doris LAST WEEK. She was with her for over 6 hours, and believe me, Doris is JUST FINE! She may move a little slower; she may wear sunglasses if the sun is soemtimes too bright; she may get a sore throat from time to time (it happens when you live less than 3 miles from the ocean). But at death's door? Come on...They must need money, and DD sells papers!

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

mikeydv wrote:A good friend of mine just returned from visiting in person with doris LAST WEEK. She was with her for over 6 hours, and believe me, Doris is JUST FINE! She may move a little slower; she may wear sunglasses if the sun is soemtimes too bright; she may get a sore throat from time to time (it happens when you live less than 3 miles from the ocean). But at death's door? Come on...They must need money, and DD sells papers!
Thank you dear Mike...so please to hear that...wonderful!!!

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

I'm so glad to hear that, Mikey!! I thought Doris sounded just wonderful in the interview, and it's great to know that she is also feeling well! :)
I have to admit that I'm jealous of your friend for being able to spend time with Doris! LOL
Hope you're having a lovely "Day"! :)
Rachel

DayDreamer
Forum Friend

Unread post by DayDreamer »

That's good news, Mike! :)
Would you please get off this line!

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Must we have these up on the forum? It really makes me sad that they keep doing this. We know the truth anyway. All you have to do is go on dorisday.com and hear how she is.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

webmaster

You can find out how Doris is here as well, Dominique :wink:
mikeydv » 11 Nov 2010 10:59 pm
A good friend of mine just returned from visiting in person with doris LAST WEEK. She was with her for over 6 hours, and believe me, Doris is JUST FINE! She may move a little slower; she may wear sunglasses if the sun is soemtimes too bright; she may get a sore throat from time to time (it happens when you live less than 3 miles from the ocean). But at death's door? Come on...They must need money, and DD sells papers!
I put it there because I was concerned when I came across it and I wondered what it was all about and if anyone knew.

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

I never pay attention to those "dirt rags"--they are a waste of precious trees!!!

However, I do hope that this latest happening doesn't cause Doris to stop talking, giving interviews, etc.,--it's so absolutely wonderful to hear her voice!! :)

I don't know if Doris ever reads visits this forum, but if she does, I would like to tell her this: Doris, we love you!!! Don't worry about those money-grubbing jerks who write for those so-called "newspapers"--your true friends know the truth!! :)

Hope you're all having a lovely "Day"!! :)

Rachel

xpersian

Unread post by xpersian »

Hello everyone,
I really can´t believe that this is reward for her wonderful interview with Jonathan Swartz.
For goodness' sake what kind of people can do something like that? Please put that trash away
as soon as possible!!!
Hana

webmaster

I sort of agree with the suggestion that we should ignore these things - and I often do - but this one took me by surprise. I thought, 'do they know something we don't know?' and felt worried, as I imagine other fans who saw it would be. I'm just glad to know it's another 'story' from a 'publication' that seems to be very interested in her - rather like us but from the 'evil twin' perspective. :twisted:

melancholy
Honorary Member

I fully agree Dominique,we have this forum to be kept informed and share our thoughts.I was not at all surprised as I saw this frontpage.But then again,people who don't follow up on Doris' well being and visit the forum might believe it,and the majority of people reading this.In a way we are priviliged with "our knowledge" about Doris.
Dorine

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

Doris has spoken and she is fine just as we suspected! Her interview was a bit ambiguous whether her bout with bronchitis was recent or a long time ago and she cleared it up by speaking out. It was 15 years ago. Glad to hear it Doris and thanks for the update.

howard
Special Contributer

tabloid rebuttal from Doris

Unread post by howard »

Just discovered a paragraph from Doris on the most recent trash story in the tabloids. Here 'tis:

Don't Be Taken by the Tabloids

Carmel, Calif. - Doris Day announced today that rumors of her impending death have once again been greatly exaggerated by the tabloid press. DorisDay.com would like you to read Doris' response in her own words:

"Well folks, they're at it again. You know, the tabloids. According to them, I almost died. Can you believe the lies they print, just to sell newspapers? They must have created this story from my recent radio interview [on WNYC] where I mentioned that I had a severe case of bronchitis several years ago. It was the same kind of bronchitis that millions of Americans experience every year and believe me, I was never near death.

"That was almost 15 years ago and I have been fine ever since, so not to worry. I'll say it again: I'm fine, just fine!"

Ms. Day recently conducted a one-hour radio interview, which DorisDay.com hopes to make available here in the coming weeks, so all her fans can tell for themselves that Doris is as chipper and healthy as ever.

"Oh, by the way, if you don't buy the tabloids, maybe they'll go out of business," Ms. Day concluded. "Just a thought!"
Like Irene Dunne done.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Re: tabloid rebuttal from Doris

Thank you for that Howard.
Dorine

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Thanks Howard, that is great to read.

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

It is on her website.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Bixby wrote:It is on her website.
I have just seen it...very good Hooray...

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Don't Be Taken by the Tabloids

http://www.dorisday.com/news?id=0006
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

webmaster

Howard - I've merged your topic with this one as they are about the same issue - let's confine it to one topic.

It's hard to believe that any magazine could print stuff that is completely made up - I guess the Globe is in a class of its own - low, no class. Doris' comment, "Oh, by the way, if you don't buy the tabloids, maybe they'll go out of business, Just a thought!" is true but I don't think that we are the people who buy it, are we?

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

I sure haven't bought one, in fact, I haven't even seen any of them in the stores for which I am grateful. I might have a bad reaction and get arrested.