Is the Globe at it again?

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
melancholy
Honorary Member

Re: Is the Globe at it again?

Unread post by melancholy »

That is the whole point,we are protected against stuff like that.Anybody not "related" to Doris would of course believe it.(You can compare it to someone who talks to you about a region you very well know,but still goes on in her/his version of what it is like,no matter how well you know it yourself!!)
So Doris spoke,how wonderful!!
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

This article is so not true! A friend of mine recently visited with Doris and said that Doris was as healthy as could be. These people are just trying to make a quick buck :roll:
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

For those of you who haven't seen it:

You can join her mailing list at [url]http://www,dorisday.com[/url]
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Carol Temple

Re: Is the Globe at it again? Time for all of Doris fans to

Unread post by Carol Temple »

webmaster wrote:Image

Anyone know what this is all about?

http://coverawards.com/2010/11/10/doris ... -her-life/
If anyone would like to write the person who wrote the article on Doris, and all the lies they printed here is her E-mail [email protected] her name is Lynn Allison, this is the second time they have printed lies about Doris dieing with some kind of bad illness, we as Doris fans need to let them know we don't appreciate it, enough is enough, Doris has already address this on her web site, as lies, let's get behind Doris and let her know we are upset with this Globe magazine and all the lies they print :evil:

Carol Temple

Unread post by Carol Temple »

mikeydv wrote:A good friend of mine just returned from visiting in person with doris LAST WEEK. She was with her for over 6 hours, and believe me, Doris is JUST FINE! She may move a little slower; she may wear sunglasses if the sun is soemtimes too bright; she may get a sore throat from time to time (it happens when you live less than 3 miles from the ocean). But at death's door? Come on...They must need money, and DD sells papers!
Hey all you Doris Day fans here is the E-mail address of the lady, Lynn Allison that wrote that article on Doris,
[email protected] we need to write her and tell her we are tired of all the lies this globe magazine prints, this is the secone time they have had her at death's door, enough is enough, Barbara

xpersian

Unread post by xpersian »

I don´t know if my english is good enough for such type of letter and if I can write everything
what I feel inside. But what she wrote was really unbelieve. Finaly I decided to write it.
So this is my open letter for Lynn Allison which I sent her.

"Hello Lynn Allison,
my friends sent me your article which you wrote about Ms. Doris Day.
I really couldn´t believe that such a crap could wrote a WOMAN! I know
that agains such type of cowardly attacks is not effective defense in free
society and publicly known man have to allowed to abase and insult from such
type of people like you. Your article deliberately wanted to shock and hurt and why?
Just only for build up circulation of your crappy "so called" magazine.
You elevated value of money above the ordinary human decency agains the person
who had never before hurt you or anyone else.

I assure you that her family, all friends, fans and all decent people around the world
stand by Doris Day no matter what other lies about her you will write
in the future which I no doubt at all.

I do not expect you ever answer to this open letter and that something will change.
It´s clear to me that you have paid this style of writing, but I assure you -
what goes around comes around. God's mills are more insured than functional. "
Kind regards
Hana Morkusova"

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Well done Hana.

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

I sent mine! It would be wonderful if we could get an apology for Doris. The true story would probably sell more papers, but would probably also raise her volume of mail and sight see'ers and all Doris really wants is to be left alone and enjoy her animals. It really is a shame; I'm sure she thought coming out like she has would be a cure all for this kind of thing and its gotten worse.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Carol Temple wrote:
mikeydv wrote:A good friend of mine just returned from visiting in person with doris LAST WEEK. She was with her for over 6 hours, and believe me, Doris is JUST FINE! She may move a little slower; she may wear sunglasses if the sun is soemtimes too bright; she may get a sore throat from time to time (it happens when you live less than 3 miles from the ocean). But at death's door? Come on...They must need money, and DD sells papers!
Hey all you Doris Day fans here is the E-mail address of the lady, Lynn Allison that wrote that article on Doris,
[email protected] we need to write her and tell her we are tired of all the lies this globe magazine prints, this is the secone time they have had her at death's door, enough is enough, Barbara
Thanks Barbara for this link,I wrote a short note and got an answer back.So I guess I am not the only one concerned for Doris as a person.She is 86,her voice does sound older and she gave a marvelous interview.Since this topic was brought on here I reacted,since I had no idea that was issued in the States.
I live in a tiny country,Belgium.
Thanks again,Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Angie Palucci

Unread post by Angie Palucci »

Oh, I'm glad I missed this episode of that lousy soap opera. Globe needs to give it up already. In the last episode, they had a picture of her out on her balcony. She looked like she was smiling and looking down and that made me think she was probably flirting with the golfers below. The only door she's at is her own.

I just dropped by to see if anyone was making any birthday plans. I know it's only January but we're snowed in over here and I got to wondering how my favorite singer/dancer/movie star/all around entertainer was doing. :wink:

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

I think we all have her birthday on our minds. But, Doris is probably still trying to recover from her high volume of Christmas mail and then her birthday creeps up on her and she has to start all over again. It must be terrible to be so loved!!

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

You are so right about lot of mail. I don't want to bother DD with my personal mail, I only join to greetings with other fans at her Birthday and Christmas.
I'm sure, she knows how loved she is and tons of mail at her age and all work with animals is not easy to handle with. Her music is still on the radio, every year comes a new CD, DVD and book. Newspapers and TV are interested to get an interview, two radio stations broadcast the show on her birthday with many call-ins and she knows what that means.
Yes, I wrote to her in 60s and two years ago, when I got my own PC and "discovered" my beloved singer and actress again. She made me happy with some photos and now I can get any picture from websites I want.
Nada