Forum Banners 2011

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
unadka
Forum Friend

Re: Forum Banners 2011

Unread post by unadka »

OK Bryan,

go on and don't let anything or anyone to stop you, cause you're my favorite webmaster.
Does Doris know about you and your work? It would be so right, if someone of English speaking people here, who can really good write, post to her some words about you, how many fans visit constantly your site, how enthusiastic we are, how many information and pictures and music and everything else we share.
Everybody who sent to Doris post or gift, says she always respond. How can she not respond to that kind of letter.
I would also mention dear Mike, who put so much love and effort to wonderful radio shows and birthday party, which was unforgetible.
And Peter with his 15-years research for her music recorded and not recorded from radio shows. His list is the best collection of information I ever could find.
Does she or who menage her official site knows about all these? You are her really good friends, who make tribute to our beloved great lady.
I love you all and please don't stop.
I can't named all other, who participate their own tribute, but am really thankful to all.
Nada

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

If I am not mistaken the forum is mentioned at Doris' site.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

I think her website is done by 'professionals', who aren't in the Doris Day fan category as we are, Dorine - that's my impression anyway, I could be wrong. They are doing a good job and Doris has a lot of strings to her bows in terms of people who love her and want to do things for her so I don't expect any acknowledgement (send me no flowers!) personally. I'm more of a one-to-one person and hate being in the limelight - unless I choose to be, which I only do with friends. I kind of like being in the outer circle.

I was talking to Nada here as well - I really liked your comments, Nada, very graciously said - at the end of the day, we're all just DD fans - simple as that. But I'll keep your comments in mind.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

melancholy
Honorary Member

Well,I only saw that the forum was mentioned.Of course Doris cannot be involved in everything that happens around her.It was not my intention to presume that it was through personal contact,this was written on her site.I know Bryan you stay behind the curtain and have no desire to write to Doris.So,all sorted out then.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Wow Bryan, wonderful, you give it the right touch to it, wonderful, thank you so very much !!!
Love it. it's look modern, and yes she can walking that red carpet, her outfit looks like today.

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

This one's beautiful! I could definitely see her walking down the red carpet in this today. And personally, I love the way that you are colorizing the photos. They all look amazing - really artistic. :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

webmaster

Thanks Nicki, I really liked that one too - very glamorous image of our gal.

Changing the mood, with another one from Puck, and signifying Doris' first dramatic role,
the dark and gloomy, "Storm Warning" - another underrated film, I think.

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Storm Warning is a great one! Beautiful banner, thank you!!! :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

webmaster

Thank you, Dominique. :)

Tanja
Forum Friend

Unread post by Tanja »

I just love the new Banner, very beautiful.

Tanja

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I think Storm Warning is very underrated- a very dark film, perhaps the most dark film of Doris' career.

webmaster

Don't you think they both look very 'modern'? Sixty years later. They could be two actors in a film today.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

webmaster wrote:Thanks Nicki, I really liked that one too - very glamorous image of our gal.

Changing the mood, with another one from Puck, and signifying Doris' first dramatic role,
the dark and gloomy, "Storm Warning" - another underrated film, I think.

THANK YOU DEAR BRYAN...YOU ARE WONDERFUL ???

webmaster

Thank you, DM - but I don't want to take credit for Puck's illustration! :wink:

When I first saw it, I thought it was great but that I couldn't use it as a banner because of the implied 'violence' in the image and Doris' own early experience with her first husband but I thought if I presented it in context - a publicity shot for "Storm Warning" it would be okay.

Doris' 'look' reminds me of the image that Madonna has created for herself - but, obviously, Doris was there first. :)

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

I find this movie great, this was her first drama, and shows that she can do anything, drama, musicals and comedies, her talent is so versatile, she plays so naturally and that gives herself completely into this movie.
I find it very clever that she dared that role, because she had some things in her personal life too endured.
So I never will understand why she never got a Oscar. Because she is one of the very best actress in the world.
She has a great talent, wonderful voice ever and she is sexy, chic, elegant, charming, intelligent, beautiful, she is so naturally.

And yes, Doris was the first, but also the very best, Madonna ain't Miss Day, and she never will be, because she missed that one link, that natural latent Miss Day had.

By the way thank you Bryan, the image looks wonderful.

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Love this one! Storm Warning is very dark - it's a great film, though it's one that I tend to forget about since I haven't watched it much. Doris is wonderful in it - it really gave her a chance to show off her acting skills, and it's a shame that most people don't remember that Doris can do drama, too (and superbly!). I love this banner for bringing attention to her more dramatic movies. I agree that her look is very modern, and that's interesting what you said about Madonna - I can totally see that. I've never been a big Madonna fan, but now that you mention it, I can see what you mean about borrowing certain elements of her look from Doris. Great banner! :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes- there is a bit of similarity with Madonna's late 1980s look - around the time of Papa Don't Preach.

I read when Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps - became popular again after Strictly Ballroom- that Madge/ Madonna so very much wanted Doris to re-record this song- so much that she offered to shoot/ direct the video- shame that never came to pass!

I do admire Madonna as a survivor in an ever changing musical landscape- and for her [apparent] family values.

webmaster

Madonna so very much wanted Doris to re-record this song.
What a cheek! How can you improve on perfection? :mrgreen: It's like asking Sinatra to re-record "Fly Me to the Moon". Or have I misunderstood? But any of us could have told her that Doris had decided to retire from singing professionally 20 years earlier.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Bryan- my reading of it all [at the time] was pure adoration - to re-record (not because the original isn't perfect) but more for a re-release and video to accompany.

webmaster

I understand - maybe it would have been fun, Jas, but as we all know. Doris really meant it when she retired from the entertainment business - "Never Look Back" and all that. Apologies for seeming to criticise Madonna - I'm sure she meant well and must have suddenly had a 'Doris moment'. :)

melancholy
Honorary Member

very lovely banner,it softens the black/white moviedrama.
Dorine

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

I agree with Bryan. This couple looks so modern. Could be a 2011 photo. Doris has always been timeless . :D
suzie

webmaster

Thanks Suzie. :)

Staying with DD's early B&W film dramas, here's "Young Man With a Horn":

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Love this banner, Bryan, Wonderful, Thank you !
I find this movie great, but do not like Kirk Douglas and Laurel Bacall, I do not know why, they are great actors, but simply not my style.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

puck wrote:Love this banner, Bryan, Wonderful, Thank you !
I find this movie great, but do not like Kirk Douglas and Laurel Bacall, I do not know why, they are great actors, but simply not my style.
Not mine either... I do not remember where but I think that Lauen B. said spmething against DD.