Voice Messages from Doris

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
User avatar
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend
Posts: 176
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

I just visited the DorisDay.com website, and noticed that the "message from Doris" link is missing. I do so hope that this is just a fluke!

It's always so thrilling to hear Doris' voice! I imagine that taping these personal messages must take a lot of time, and it's so wonderful of her to do it!! :)

Any thoughts? Does anyone know how Doris is doing? I do hope and pray that she is well.....

Have a lovely "Day", everyone!

God Bless,
Rachel

User avatar
Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Posts: 832
Joined: 25 Jul 2007, 13:40
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Doris Martin »

lovemeorleaveme wrote:I just visited the DorisDay.com website, and noticed that the "message from Doris" link is missing. I do so hope that this is just a fluke!

It's always so thrilling to hear Doris' voice! I imagine that taping these personal messages must take a lot of time, and it's so wonderful of her to do it!! :)

Any thoughts? Does anyone know how Doris is doing? I do hope and pray that she is well.....

Have a lovely "Day", everyone!

God Bless,
Rachel
I did noticed too

littlepinetree
Forum Friend
Posts: 409
Joined: 27 Dec 2008, 23:19
Location: Austin TX.
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by littlepinetree »

Doris' speaking voice is as beautiful as her singing voice. :D

User avatar
Jas1
Honorary Member
Posts: 3728
Joined: 31 Mar 2005, 05:23
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Jas1 »

I see from the Dorisday.com site that under news there is a lovely article on the Black beauty [horse] ranch and a clip from Doris' Best Friends where she chats to Clevelend Armroy.

I remember having this epsiode years ago on tape and I feel that not taking away from the important message Doris is talking about: the clip shows her at the peak of her beauty.

I urge you to view this clip and while listening to the message about the animals - also note this incredible natural beauty with the wind blowing in her glossy hair! Seeing Doris like this (in her 60s) makes me feel even more so that it is a crying shame she did not get before the tv or film cameras [acting] during this period!

I guess though we just have to be thankful that such footage exists of a timeless, classic and natural beauty - who just glows talking about a topic so close to her heart.

User avatar
Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Posts: 832
Joined: 25 Jul 2007, 13:40
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Jas1 wrote:I see from the Dorisday.com site that under news there is a lovely article on the Black beauty [horse] ranch and a clip from Doris' Best Friends where she chats to Clevelend Armroy.

I remember having this epsiode years ago on tape and I feel that not taking away from the important message Doris is talking about: the clip shows her at the peak of her beauty.

I urge you to view this clip and while listening to the message about the animals - also note this incredible natural beauty with the wind blowing in her glossy hair! Seeing Doris like this (in her 60s) makes me feel even more so that it is a crying shame she did not get before the tv or film cameras [acting] during this period!

I guess though we just have to be thankful that such footage exists of a timeless, classic and natural beauty - who just glows talking about a topic so close to her heart.
Hello my dear friend...I feel exactly the same...thank you for puting in to words my very true toughts..thank you

User avatar
mikeydv
Music Master
Posts: 900
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 12:36
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by mikeydv »

The message is gone from DD.Com when Doris is working on a new message (probably to coincide with her new cd release). You can still hear the message from her to all her listeners on www.sampod4u.com...right near the bottom of the front page (and close to the link for DDAF.

User avatar
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend
Posts: 176
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

So good to know....thank you so much :)

User avatar
mikeydv
Music Master
Posts: 900
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 12:36
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by mikeydv »

Was just in touch with one of Doris' representatives. He assures me that Doris is doing just great. And he assured me that I was correct: a new message will be uploaded in time to coincide with the release of her new cd, "MY HEART". As you know, it is being released in the UK and can be pre-ordered NOW. Go to http://www.dorisdaytribute.com for complete details.

User avatar
Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Posts: 832
Joined: 25 Jul 2007, 13:40
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Doris Martin »

mikeydv wrote:Was just in touch with one of Doris' representatives. He assures me that Doris is doing just great. And he assured me that I was correct: a new message will be uploaded in time to coincide with the release of her new cd, "MY HEART". As you know, it is being released in the UK and can be pre-ordered NOW. Go to http://www.dorisdaytribute.com for complete details.
Thank you dear Mike...

User avatar
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend
Posts: 176
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Does anyone know if the UK CD will be compatible with our US CD players? I would love to pre-order this! Also, any word on when it will be released in the US??

Oh, and thank you so much, Mikey! You have set my mind at ease--I was worried about Doris.

Have a lovely "Day"! :)

User avatar
howard
Special Contributer
Posts: 2124
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 12:55
Location: north hollywood, California
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by howard »

Audio cds work all over the world no matter where they're bought. That's been my experience, at least. If you order off of Amazon U.K. I'm sure it will play in the U.S.
Like Irene Dunne done.

User avatar
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend
Posts: 176
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Thank you, Howard :)

I know that was a dumb question (LOL), but I'm techno-challenged and don't always know the answer to these things!!! ;)

I am definitely going to pre-order the CD--especially since we don't know when it will be released here in the US! I don't want to miss out on this!! :)

Have a lovely "Day"!!

God Bless,
Rachel

Calico
Forum Friend
Posts: 66
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 19:56
Spam Prevention: Yes
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Calico »

Doris is great! I just received a letter from her. It was dated, May 30th, so Doris even works holidays for her fans.
Thanks Doris!!

User avatar
daybyday08
Honorary Member
Posts: 766
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 14:13
Spam Prevention: Yes
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by daybyday08 »

That's fantastic!! :)
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

luckyme123
Forum Friend
Posts: 34
Joined: 08 Dec 2010, 08:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by luckyme123 »

LUCKYME123 GLAD TO MEET YOU LOVE ME ORLEAVE ME, BY THE WAY WHAT A TREMENDOUS MOVIE. WITH HER TALENT SHE COULD NOT MESS UP ANYTHING.RACHEL I LOVE THE WAY YOU LOVE OUR GIRL TOO.REMBER NUMBER NINE.ANOTHER TEAR GETTER.SHE ALWAYS CRIES, THAT MAKES ME DO THE SAME.I WISH I COULD PREVENT ANY UNHAPPINESS TO HER. I PRAY EVERY NIGHT THAT GOD WILL PUT A HEDGE OF PROTECTION AROUND HER.DORIS THE WHOLE WORLD LOVES YOU AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.RACHEL THANK YOU FOR WELCOMING ME IN YOUR FORUM,THANK THE FORUM TOO,GOD BLESS YOU DORIS

User avatar
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend
Posts: 176
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Lucky Me, it is lovely to have you here! I can tell that you love Doris as much as the rest of us do :)

Yes, Doris is the greatest singer/dancer/actress ever! I have loved her ever since I was a little girl. She is, to me, one of my "loved ones" (even though she doesn't know me! LOL). I think of her every day, and pray for her--just as I do for my loved ones! :)

I truly believe that the world was blessed when God gave us Doris Mary Ann Von Kappelhoff!!! :)

Hope you're having a super, lovely "Day"! :)

God Bless,
Rachel

User avatar
Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Posts: 832
Joined: 25 Jul 2007, 13:40
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Doris Martin »

lovemeorleaveme wrote:Lucky Me, it is lovely to have you here! I can tell that you love Doris as much as the rest of us do :)

Yes, Doris is the greatest singer/dancer/actress ever! I have loved her ever since I was a little girl. She is, to me, one of my "loved ones" (even though she doesn't know me! LOL). I think of her every day, and pray for her--just as I do for my loved ones! :)

I truly believe that the world was blessed when God gave us Doris Mary Ann Von Kappelhoff!!! :)

Hope you're having a super, lovely "Day"! :)

God Bless,
Rachel
Yes .....I do feel exactly the same...

User avatar
Ania
Honorary Member
Posts: 2360
Joined: 16 Jul 2011, 19:17
Spam Prevention: Yes
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Ania »

lovemeorleaveme wrote:Lucky Me, it is lovely to have you here! I can tell that you love Doris as much as the rest of us do :)

Yes, Doris is the greatest singer/dancer/actress ever! I have loved her ever since I was a little girl. She is, to me, one of my "loved ones" (even though she doesn't know me! LOL). I think of her every day, and pray for her--just as I do for my loved ones! :)

I truly believe that the world was blessed when God gave us Doris Mary Ann Von Kappelhoff!!! :)

Hope you're having a super, lovely "Day"! :)

God Bless,
Rachel

It's beautiful what you write :D I have tears in my eyes :D Although I am an atheist, I think that maybe somewhere to meet with Doris once in a better world :D Doris is the most beautiful diamond, which brightens up my life :D I wish you health and happiness Doris :D Doris is the brightest of the stars :D Doris is someone very special to me, i love everything he does :D
http://www.muzyka.pl/news/pokaz/21890/d ... erce_.html http://muzyka.onet.pl/galerie/powrot-pi ... -mala.html
On the Polish side is written about this record, this probably will be you can buy music in Polish shops? That would be wonderful :D :D :!: :!: Already cannot wait :D :D
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

User avatar
Toby_Martin
Forum Friend
Posts: 404
Joined: 04 Nov 2007, 17:21
Location: United States

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

Check out her website, she's back!

User avatar
lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend
Posts: 176
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 21:05
Spam Prevention: Yes
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

Oh, how wonderful to hear Doris' voice again! :)

She sounds so GOOD, doesn't she? I'm relieved to know that she is doing well, and she sounds so happy!

I cannot WAIT to get the new CD....!! :)

Hope you're all having a lovely "Day"!

God Bless,
Rachel

User avatar
Ania
Honorary Member
Posts: 2360
Joined: 16 Jul 2011, 19:17
Spam Prevention: Yes
Contact:

Re: Voice Messages from Doris

Unread post by Ania »

beautiful song :D Doris sings wonderfully :D
Doris Day - Heaven Tonight (new single 2011).mp3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I30QCEUP
:D Doris once again proves, that even in the age of 87, you can sing beautifully and have great style :D The song is a stylish and wonderful guitar :D I really like the chorus :D Doris still impresses :D
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests