“MY HEART” (Doris Day’s new album of original material)

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: “MY HEART” (Doris Day’s new album of original material)

Unread post by webmaster »

That comes to just over $17 ($17.38), Rachel - about the average for a CD here - if you can get it cheaper in the US, do but it won't be a big saving. The final cost includes postage.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme »

OK....THANK YOU so much! :)

I am just going to keep my original order--I think it is definitely a good deal (and I would gladly pay more, if I had to, to get this CD! LOL) :)

God Bless, and have a lovely "Day"!

Rachel

Calico
Forum Friend

Unread post by Calico »

I didn't know the dollars translation either. I was just going by another post that said the cost of $27 plus international shipping, so when I saw that it was only $18 or $19 in the US, I transferred by order. Maybe I didn't save anything, who knows? All I know is that I am anxious to receive it. I keep playing the one song over and over. She sounds like an angel.

webmaster

Which song do you keep playing, Calico? (Just curious as I haven't listened to it yet.)

If you search for currency converter there are hundreds out there - this is just one:
http://www.currencyconverter.com.au/usd/

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

I ordered mine though Amazon here in the states. Total is $22.79. Will receive it between Sept 16 thru the 20th. I waited this long a few weeks won't be so bad. Can't wait to hear that magic voice with those songs from Best Friends. Her and Terry did a great job on that show with the animal info and the new songs! Looking forward to Terry singing Happy Endings!

Calico
Forum Friend

Unread post by Calico »

I received a google alert with "Heaven Tonight" and I play it all day long.

Thanks for the info; I forget what the amount was on Amazon/UK now. I guess I am just confused. My estimated delivery date is September 16th thru the 20th, so I don't know if that is sooner or later than if I had kept my original order???

Bixby/Calico

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Well,my day is made,got the cd this morning.It is sheer nostalgia to me,and very touching to hear Doris announcing Terry's song.Also,her voice is so husky and familiar,it does one's heart good.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Calico
Forum Friend

Unread post by Calico »

Oh, I was wondering if they would go out a bit early. Oh, I can't wait.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yipee!!! My CD arrived today and I LOVE it!

Beautiful artwork (front and bacK) and a lovely pic of Doris & Terry from the press conference in 1985 announcing the Best Friends Show (the one where the ill Rock turned up).

And the songs! Yes Howard, everyone should read the link above (to Stephen Munn's site) and the interview with Ted Carfrae - on what he did to re-master the backings on the 1980s recordings - some completely re-recorded [the backings] with top notch musicians.

As I thought, You are so Beautiful is still my favourite although I love them all with the new re-mastered backings- the sax on Daydream, the simplicity of You are so Beautiful, the catchiness of Heaven Tonight.

For most of theCD I sat with big smile on my face, thinking 'go girl' you still had it in spades! This turned to tears for My Buddy and Happy Endings - the heartache for our wonderful Doris, losing her son; her buddy; her heart!

All in all, a classy CD. I know in the past that I've criticised the material of the 1980s recordings, but really, with the re-mastering, this is a classy CD and is a magnificent addition to the annals of wonderful DD recordings.

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

This is so exciting! Since I ordered mine through Amazon UK, maybe I'll get mine early, too!!! :)

Hope you're all having a lovely "Day"! :)

God Bless,
Rachel

Jiminy Cricket

Unread post by Jiminy Cricket »

Jas1, your post made me even more excited. I just can't wait! I can't! :D
- "With a smile and a song,life is just a like bright sunny day..." -

webmaster

Important message just received from Stephen:
Can you please tell the forum that IF they order through amazon.com the sales are NOT counted towards the British chart!

Odering from amazon UK they will NOT pay VAT if they are outside of Europe. So it costs about $17-18 for US delivery!!

Ordering from amazon.com its $19 + postage unless you are ordering other items which bring your total above $25 of purchases then you get free shipping.

SO UK is cheaper, supports Doris in potentially having a hit and the CD gets dispatched Monday!

Regards,
STEPHEN

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Jas1 wrote:Yipee!!! My CD arrived today and I LOVE it!

Beautiful artwork (front and bacK) and a lovely pic of Doris & Terry from the press conference in 1985 announcing the Best Friends Show (the one where the ill Rock turned up).

And the songs! Yes Howard, everyone should read the link above (to Stephen Munn's site) and the interview with Ted Carfrae - on what he did to re-master the backings on the 1980s recordings - some completely re-recorded [the backings] with top notch musicians.

As I thought, You are so Beautiful is still my favourite although I love them all with the new re-mastered backings- the sax on Daydream, the simplicity of You are so Beautiful, the catchiness of Heaven Tonight.

For most of theCD I sat with big smile on my face, thinking 'go girl' you still had it in spades! This turned to tears for My Buddy and Happy Endings - the heartache for our wonderful Doris, losing her son; her buddy; her heart!

All in all, a classy CD. I know in the past that I've criticised the material of the 1980s recordings, but really, with the re-mastering, this is a classy CD and is a magnificent addition to the annals of wonderful DD recordings.
James, what a delightful mini-review of the album. Nice work and you have everyone panting in anticipation.

Cheers,
Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Thanks Michael - you most certainly will not be disappointed. I sincerely look forward to other views. Now, in the near future, I most certainly have to write to Carmel- it's been too long!

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Stephen,

Thanks so much for your post! Unfortunately, I am out of work right now due to an injury, and must watch my dollars very carefully! I am pleased that I am able to keep my original order (through Amazon UK), because I definitely want to help the four-leggers--but I was concerned because an earlier post had mentioned that the UK CD price would work out to be about $30 US, which would have been a little too steep for me in my present situation. After all, the $13 difference may not seem like a lot to some, but when you are having to watch every penny, it is a lot of money!!! :)

Thanks for setting the record straight (no pun intended! LOL) !!! :)

God Bless, and have a lovely "Day"!!!
Rachel

CAN'T WAIT FOR MY CD TO ARRIVE!!!! :)

DorisVIP

Unread post by DorisVIP »

I decided to order the cd in a few days once my credit card is on a new billing cycle. :)
~Stephanie~

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Already I can not wait for this album :D My friend Raphael, who lives in London, ordered for me this CD as a gift :D

Terry has a beautiful voice, really sings brilliantly :D His voice moves me, is amazing :D
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Calico
Forum Friend

Unread post by Calico »

I thought I was saving like $20, because of another post, but now I feel bad. I will send Doris' Foundation some money for my Boo Boo! Sorry Doris!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

That recent picture of Doris may have been a great cover photo for the My Heart CD. But I like the 1985 photo with Biggest. Any other photos in the CD notes? What about that recent photo? Didn't Sony have something to do with that photo? To those that already got he CD let me know how they enjoyed Terry's Happy Endings song. Can't wait to get my CD :D

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi all,

At the moment I'm listening too "My heart" and I think it's great, and Doris intro on Terry's "Happy Endings" is amazing and a tearjerker too me.

I hope the album will recive much positive simulation around the world, Doris and Terry deserve that I think. The sound is very good, and very fresh.

Much love, and enjoy listening too it all.

P

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Hi all :D
Doris and Terry deserve our love :D Thanks to their music, my life is better :D Doris daily gives me so much joy and emotion :D Terry was blessed with a beautiful voice and sensibility :D

It's sad when a child dies before a parent :(

Have a nice day :D Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

RaY

There are 4 pics within the production of My Heart - we all know the front pic (and I agree, good choice). The back pic is one from Best Friends time too that we've all seen (Doris sitting with Biggest and another dog - she's wearing a pale pink shirt).

There is another pic within the notes of Doris and Biggest in Bland and White- again, we've seen this, taken with Doris' hair short (she looks fab).

The last pic (Doris and Terry) from the press conference for Best Friends is lovely and one that I hadn't seen before, that's my favourite [probably].

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify that I was definitely NOT trying to get the CD at a cheaper price (because after all, Doris only gets royalties from the sale of the CD itself, not from the shipping charges)! I would not take one penny away from helping Doris help her beloved "four-leggers"!! :) And as I said before, if my present circumstances were different, I would have gladly paid any price to get this CD!! LOL

I noticed that the money for the CD was deducted from my checking account this morning, which probably means that I will be receiving my CD sometime this coming week. Yay!!! I am SO excited!!!!

Have a lovely "Day"!

God Bless,
Rachel

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

Rachel, hope you will be enjoying your cd soon! I certainly wouldn't feel guilty about where you bought it from. I plan to get mine from the UK site to help bring her cd to #1 on the charts there. I don't know whether it will be released here in the US or not, but the UK has kept Doris' legacy alive and well, with loyalists like Bryan and Stephen helping out. I contribute to Doris' foundation as often as I'm able to.

We are all fans with a common goal, to bring awareness and appreciation to Doris Day, her legacy as a performer of song and film, and especially the animal welfare work.

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Thanks, Toby! Yes, I did get mine from the UK site!! I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago! LOL

God Bless, and have a lovely "Day"!

Rachel