Why did you retired so young

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Lindylou
Spam Prevention: Yes

Why did you retired so young

Unread post by Lindylou »

:D :D :D

Dear Mrs. Day,
I have always wondered why you retired so young.

I have missed you so much, you were my Icon and you were like part of the family. I have always thought you were so talented, funny and beautiful.

When I was a kid and started having freckles at the age of 7 (1963) and was really obset about them, my mom would always say ''you love Mrs Day, you always say Mom she is so beautiful. Well she has freckles too and only nice girl can get them, so you are lucky.

After that, I walked proudly and believed and hope to have your refined look, even to this day and I'll be 55 soon. I miss seeing you and sincerely hope to have the chance to meet you in person one day, it would be such a honor.

To My Icon, best wishes.

Sincerely,

Lindy Lou

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Re: Why did you retired so young

Unread post by suzie »

Lindy Lou.
I grew up loving Doris as well. I see you were born the same year that I was and you and I we just caught the tail end of Doris' movie career .The Doris Day show was on when we were in our teens so we got to enjoy that. Doris' movies were on the tv by then, so we got to see those fantastic movies .
The fact is Doris had worked sinse she was a very young teenager and when she got to a place in life where she could leave show biz and work on her animal welfare work ( Her true love ) then she did. I love all of her work but am glad that she was able to do what SHE really wanted to do with the animal work . :wink:
suzie

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Well,I grew up with the DD-show too.As a teenager I started to see many of her films.
Now,after understanding why she left Hollywood,I somehow think of the movies that never were,or the "Murder she wrote" series.But I fully agree with Suzie,Doris started out young and look now,at her age,a new album!!!!I miss the fact of not seeing her anymore,anywhere,but that is her choice,we are fortunate to hear her messages on her site and on Sampod.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

I think that everyone should live as he wants, if it does not harm another human being. And if he had chosen such a life and is happy, it's good Doris chose to live away from Hoolywood, it is her choice and I respect that. Of course, like any fan, I want Doris to have more and more, this is understandable, I now have enough movies, songs, Doris, that I can still enjoy this beauty. I am glad that she is happy. Sometimes it makes me sad that time passes so quickly, we are getting older, but such a life. I live so far away, and my dream is to one day meet Doris personally and probably it will happen sometime, somewhere in another dimension... Who knows maybe one day...

I cordially greet :D Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Lindylou

Unread post by Lindylou »

Dear Suzie, Melancholy & Ania,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and answer my question. :wink:

I am not a member of any fan club but I wish I had the time to read more her life. I will check if she published her life story.

Thank you again,

Lindy Lou :D :D :D :D and one for Mrs Day :D