Doris Speaks!

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Speaks!

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I just got a letter from Doris Day yesterday!!!! She is so lovely! It is the greatest graduation gift! :D :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I'm so happy for you Dominquie! That is an amazing grad present indeed!

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

If you haven't checked Doris' website lately...she has just left a new message.
As always she sounds just great. She is just so cute when she's talking about her "babies".

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Daisy June wrote:If you haven't checked Doris' website lately...she has just left a new message.
As always she sounds just great. She is just so cute when she's talking about her "babies".
Hello dear..aFTER I read your message I went right to her and I hear her lovely voice..Thank you I check that every day twice,,,Thank you dear..
]

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Yeah, her new message is adorable, she is so vivacious, so loving and so caring! I'm hoping that tomorrows' (Saturday July 28,2012 broadcasting of Doris Day hosting Pet Radio via Sirius Radio will be available on youtube!

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

It is suppose to be on the station's web site as a podcast. So, it should be available for some time in the future.
Lauren

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

From 1985 till 1991 I had a Pet Theraphy program that Doris loved. I wrote to her and Judy Ruby constantly about it. Her new message is all about seniors and older pets which is what i am living everyday at my over 55 pet friendly building in Florida. I am resident pet sitter and walker so I can enjoy all the pets and people with pets in the building. Because of my fixed income I don't have my own pet with vet bills and such so expensive but have a grand time with all the pets in the building. Shortly I am retireing for health reasons so i just may get a small doggie roomate with plenty of time to pamper. The pets mean so much to the older people. The human animal bond of Love.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes Ray, that is true.

Doris sounds wonderful doesn't she?

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

It's a joy to hear her sounding so happy and well! Makes me happy.'
Like Irene Dunne done.

JMoore

Unread post by JMoore »

I uploaded an edited version of the broadcast from Animal Radio on sampod4u. You can hear it at
http://www.sampod4u.com/current-news.html
or
http://www.sampod4u.com/doris-and-pets.html

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

She sounds great, doesn't she? she always apologizes for the hoarsness of her voice, but I think her voice is wonderful. I appreciate the passion she has for the animals! Her modesty is a lesson to us all. When they dj asked herabout Spay Day USA, she only mentioned the cause and effect, focusing on the need for spaying and neutering, what she didn't say, is that her organization is the one who originated SPAY DAY USA, an event that provides free or less expensive spaying and neutering programs around the USA and the WORLD!

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi there,

Wow loved it, isn't she great!!!

P

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Folks~
Yes, Doris sounds great but this was back when she received the Medal of Freedom and Betsy was her secretary so that would have been circa 2004. It's an old call in. I thought it was going to be something current, but it's still great to listen to Doris and her feelings about animals and their welfare.

Lauren

JMoore

Unread post by JMoore »

Thanks, Lauren. I was wondering that when I heard them mention the Medal of Freedom. With all the press releases it sounded like it would be a new one. It was still great to hear her.

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Are we sure that it isn't a recent message on the pet radio? they even mentioned the medal of freedom award on the posting for the hosting, lol. Isn't it possible that Betsy is still the secretary for Doris? or do you have more up to date infor? I know that some of you know Doris personally, and I am just a fan from afar. lol

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Betsy has been gone for a long, long time. I, too, believe this is an old interview . If it were new, I doubt that Doris would have mentioned Betsy's name....I am told they did not part on the best of terms. We all know that Doris lives very much in the present, and she doesn't mention those people who have caused her problems in the past. Her most recent interview is the one on her own webpage.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Toby~
I agree with Mike on this issue. I noticed it right off the bat that the mention of the Medal of Freedom and the mention of Betsy is a clear tip off that this is an OLD call in. Mike knows what he is talking about. The issue isn't so much that of Betsy, but the mention that Doris had just won the Medal of Freedom, which happened in 2004.

And thanks for clarifying this, Mike. It also was erroneously publicized in the original notice that Doris would be "hosting" this event on Saturday, which was nothing even close to the truth. It was simply a call in and an old one at that.

Lauren

Calico
Forum Friend

Unread post by Calico »

Doris speaks to us once again on her website. She sounds great!

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Thanks Lauren and Mike! and Calico, yes she does! :)