Baltimore Net Radio Comp and 2 hour Doris birthday broadcast

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Baltimore Net Radio Comp and 2 hour Doris birthday broad

Unread post by daybyday08 »

webmaster wrote:No, she's never done that on this program - only ever did it on her local station - what used to be Magic63 - now called something else. They should have stuck with a winning formula. It's hard to find any interviewer who's able to draw her out and let her speak without interruption - maybe if Lucille Ball was still around!
Terri Gross finally gave her a good interview the other day! I was beyond happy!
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

That's good, Dominique - and Becky, re: "no one replied to me for some reason though.... If people would kindly answer me, it would help me and all my confusion and 'annoyance' I cause anyone"

Sorry about that - sometimes questions get missed - or ignored (just like in real life!) don't take it personal and you don't cause confusion and annoyance - quite the opposite. :)

Diane has filled me in on the technical problems the show had and you'll probably all be happy to read the last part:
"Keith's main broadcast console went out and he had to wing it manually pulling his music in through an alternate player and not through the console. I asked him why he didn't play more music and also the messages and recorded e-mails. Well, the reason was because of not having his automated system/console up and working. That is also why Harry King stayed on the line chit-chatting...otherwise there probably would have been some dead air time as Keith was hunting for the files he needed. Personally, I was hoping for more music and messages too, but hey...it was pretty darn good!

I edited the original show that aired at 3pm NYT so that when it went on again at 8pm NYT tonight, it included ALL the Fans calls and ALL of the recorded e-mails. It was a shame that they didn't get into the original broadcast, but things do happen. There were 30 phone calls in the re-broadcast as well as 16 recorded e-mails. It made the show run over by 20 minutes tonight. And maybe you might want to tell the forum that Doris will be getting a copy with ALL of their messages and e-mails."

Funny how 'things go wrong on the night'! Yes, it was pretty good, it had a nice buzz to it. Just wondered - will ask Diane - is the edited program being broadcast again or being made available? We never heard our message from the forum to Doris - is that on the edited version?

Anyway, Doris should love it - especially hearing from the MGM woman.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Folks~
I recorded the program and it is available on this site. I'm sure Mary Anne would make herself available to answer questions since he was part of the program. But....perhaps not.

For those new to this, the very best program that ever aired was that from Magic93 located in Carmel. They celebrated Doris' birthday ALL day and Doris would call in some years 3 times a day at least. There were dozens of calls from fans from around the world and it was very exciting.

However, Magic was bought out and so what we are left with are radio programs with DJs that try their very best to celebrate Doris' birthday, but without her calling in, it can feel somewhat empty despite the attempts.

I'm sure you'll agree - there is celebration enough that we still have Doris with us and we'll look forward to next year.

Lauren

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I agree with Lauren, we still have her with us, and they did the best they could, i mean what other star gets a week long celebration on TCM and all that air time with listeners from all around the world?

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

I didn't hear the very first broadcast from Magic 63 you are talking about, but next year broadcast was great too. I was so excited, that I could listen to Doris live. Was that first one recorded and available here?

The first show on FNR with Mikey was super too. The scenary and team and so many calls from fans and famous people gave us such joy. I downloaded all possible files and like to listen them again time to time.

And what makes Mikey with his team on sampod4u! Recently I asked him, if his day has more than 24 hours. You can find everything of Doris in that tresury box.

Every show brings something special and I'm so thankful to all who made that tresures in honor to dear Doris and joy for us.

Nada

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Agree Lauren- we have the best present of all- all year round, in that we have darling Doris with us and well.

I had 2 friends listening in (in their respective homes) - both particularly loved the MGM lady's interview with Mary=Anne and both commented /and questioned, what other star of that era could still (or could ever) invoke suck interest, love, and admiration. With the exception of Liz Taylor, I truly cannot think of one. We must remember too the longevity and popularity of Monroe etc - is as much to do with the tragedy and the untimely death, as it is the beauty and the talent. I often wonder had Marilyn lived (and I don't mean this in any way nasty)- would she have continued to be the icon she was? Maybe, but maybe not? We know the answer in respect of Doris (thankfully).

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Did miss it, so please is there a link so I can download it.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Puck and everyone:

Here is the link to the downloads of the Frednet BD program:

http://www.mediafire.com/?r1kh926bf7z8j

There are 3 separate downloads. As I said in a previous message about this, the 2nd one contains Mary Anne's interviews, which are a MUST to listen to. So, if you are pressed for time, check out Frednet_2 for sure.

This information is posted elsewhere on the forum, but with so much going on, it's hard to keep track of everything. I think someone else also posted their Frednet recordings, so check that out also because it's probably better than mine. I did *not* include the music in the interest of time because I thought the show was going to go on for many more hours than it did.

Lauren

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Thank you Lauren.

Becky
Forum Friend

Unread post by Becky »

I have the CD here, got it the other day. Simply lovely cd. No idea why a hole was drilled through the cd though. Very...odd. They only sent it on the 18th :shock:

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Lauren Benjamin wrote:Puck and everyone:

Here is the link to the downloads of the Frednet BD program:

http://www.mediafire.com/?r1kh926bf7z8j

There are 3 separate downloads. As I said in a previous message about this, the 2nd one contains Mary Anne's interviews, which are a MUST to listen to. So, if you are pressed for time, check out Frednet_2 for sure.

This information is posted elsewhere on the forum, but with so much going on, it's hard to keep track of everything. I think someone else also posted their Frednet recordings, so check that out also because it's probably better than mine. I did *not* include the music in the interest of time because I thought the show was going to go on for many more hours than it did.

Lauren
From which year this program? 93 year? Lauren thank you!

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube