SMALL TALK

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
dayfan1962

Re: SMALL TALK

Unread post by dayfan1962 »

Thank you so much for responding Bryan to my post; you know its my first one and Ive been a member since 2005! I guess i want to post when I have a really good story to tell or something wonderful to share.....I visit often and enjoy reading everyone's posts and input. I just love this forum and your mastership of it all.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Glad you made the post D..Dayfan... and what a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing.

ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by ray »

My e mail was hacked and had to change my password with Yahoo. Hope no one received anything weird with forum e mails on my list. It was not me.

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Article on Doris Day purchasing Inn

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

Came across this article from 1988 about Doris Day buying the Carmel Inn, thought I'd share.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-13/ ... _doris-day

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Betty White is unbelievable, two shows on prime time, shows a Lady at any age is still admired and enjoyed. On her Hot IN Cleveland Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Cloris Leachman and Valeria Harper make guest appearances next week. Wish Doris would do a fast clip for even Off Their Rockers with Betty White to plug her 35 years of animal work. Life series magazine had the most influencial people and Doris should have been on that list! Mary Tyler Moore made it and Doris should have also with her singing, movie and tv superstardom and animal work. I like Mary but Doris rocks!

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

I was reading about Doris turning down "The Helen Morgan Story" with Paul Newman.
The Helen Morgan Story - Warner Brothers. Musical biography planned for Doris Day, in which she has the title role as the celebrated nightclub and vaudeville songstress of another era. This is one of the few planned projects that Doris vehemently refused to play. She did not feel she wished to portray the sordid aspects of Helen Morgan and would be totally different from her screen image. The film was later made with Ann Blyth and Paul Newman. Ann mouthed the beautiful sounds of Gogi Grant who sang for her."

Curious, I searched YouTube for it and came across the following clip:

Definitely not Doris, IMO! What do you think?
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

howard
Special Contributer

The Joseph Gordon Levitt connection

Unread post by howard »

Little known fact: Joseph Gordon Levitt's grandfather was none other than Michael Gordon, director of "Pillow Talk."
Like Irene Dunne done.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

I merged your post Howard, as it was looking a bit lonely. :(

Style Evolution: Doris Day – Part 1 (1948-1960)
Doris Day is our conception of the perfect girl next door. Spunky, beautiful, endearing, talented, and boy can she put over a song! Her style evolution over her twenty-five year career is fascinating and, much like the stars of today, it demonstrates not only the styles of the time, but also her development into a marvelous actress and comedienne. We’ll be covering Doris Day’s style evolution over two columns, from her big band days to her emergence as an aggressive animal rights activist.
Read more:
http://prettycleverfilms.com/costume-de ... -1948-1960
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

The article is an interesting read on Doris' style.

Doris' style is timeless and classic. Through her twenty-five years on the large and small screens, her good taste, professional choices, and outstanding talent have made her style consistently popular. Most importantly, Doris' warm, optimistic, and good natured and caring character have informed and maintained her style.
Johnny