Forum Banners 2013

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Re: Forum Banners 2013

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Thanks for posting one of the best photos of Doris, even with the fur... very life like and you can see how she glows. This is the face of Doris I remember very well - awesome beauty. Keep them coming - each one is a classic.
Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

love that saying about Doris prefering to look natural.She is a beauty.One can help out nature a bit with make up,like in LMOLM.She looks stunning in that movie,with or without the layers.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Dorine, love the two pictures you posted of Doris. The first one is exactly how she looked when she and Marty flew in to Santa Catalina Island in Ca, when she started filming "GBBoat" She was coming down the ramp caring her two black poodles and not a dab of makeup on, and everyone was there to greet her with flowers and cameras,and she had this same hugh smile on her face smiling and waving at everyone. Thanks for posting that it made my day. :D

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

I like freckles in daylight photos but flash photography can accentuate them too much sometimes. :roll:

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Love all the pics- this latest banner would be another great book cover- just fabulous: what a beauty...!

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Jas1 wrote:Love all the pics- this latest banner would be another great book cover- just fabulous: what a beauty...!
YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT,,SHE IS WONDERFUL ALWAYS

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Oh I just didn't reload, I see it is now up. Bryan "I LOVE THIS BANNER" ♥ And like Jas said, would make a perfect Book cover. :D

webmaster

I must admit that I really don't like that big freckled photo of Doris' head above! :evil:

She really looks like the (mad) girl next door there. It's really horrible!!! :lol:

webmaster

Thanks Barbara - yes, a big improvement on the first effort, she looks really glamorous there, doesn't she? What was the event again? Midnight Lace Premier?

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

I know a little to much in your face with the freckles right Bryan, :roll: And I don't think you are a big freckle person anyway. But really that is the real Doris without all the makeup. here is yours with a little color. But I still love the black and white banner the best..Just has a real touch of class.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful banner, black-and-white photos have their amazing charm. They have a magic Barbara wonderful colors
Oh, those freckles Doris :lol: They are sweet:)

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

webmaster

That's nice, Barbara - I'll leave this one here for comparison:

I'm done on freckles. :lol:

HilB126
Forum Friend

Unread post by HilB126 »

LOVE this banner. Good job!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

I didn't see freckles when i met Doris twice. Maybe she had a light make up on. But she looked pretty natural. Where freckles popular in the fifties? I think Howard said he didn't see freckles either. She is beautiful with or without.

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

I've been lucky enough to be with DD a number of times, and I've never seen one freckle on her lovely face. She never looked overly made up either. I guess they bloom when she's been out in the sun, but I do think when a b/w photo is colorized, the freckles become darker. Not crazy about that picture. I believe it was taken on the day of the Doris Day Look Alike contest.
Like Irene Dunne done.

melancholy
Honorary Member

This banner is fab-u-lous!!! so wonderfully natural.As Doris has the features,her cheeks,so cute,the lovely smile and sparkly eyes,just a touch of powder and some mascare already do it to make her look like this.Not to forget the hairdo of the time.Very glamorousYes the close up from Doris frontal,with the freckles,was made during the Doris-lookalike contest.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Howard you are so right I found the video, and Doris has on the same dress as the picture, only I painted it blue, and it is pink in this video. Didn't care for the young girl that was trying to interview Doris, thought they should have had someone a little older doing the interview. But here it is.

webmaster

Barbara - could you make the big freckles pic smaller? - it's a bit scary! :shock:

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Bryan, you can delete that one if you want. It won't let me delete it after someone has commented under it.
I just used the black and white that Dorine had posted earlier. I am sure it could be downsized, but the original is still a real close up of her. And even though I like her freckles, the smile is a bit much, shows a little too much gum. I will post a smaller one but will you take down the larger one? :P

This one is only 345 in width.

webmaster

Thank you.

melancholy
Honorary Member

I just deleted the big close up,no scary pictures!

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I liked the freckle picture and didn't find it scary at all. but then again, I LOVE freckles on girls or guys. So sexy. As people get older, freckles tend to disappear for some, I remember a former gf of mine with red hair and freckles would have that pure fresh scrubbed freckly girl next door look in the morning and getting ready for school would put a little foundation on and would be transformed into a goddess. I think that Doris has that same skin quality as evident from the photos above. Radiant indeed, from girl next door to glamour girl. I'm not a fan of women with too much makeup, possibly why I've always loved DD.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Thank you Toby, I know you will be a man after Doris own heart. :D especially if you go back and read a quote of hers I left under one of her small pictures. She is just not a fan of a lot of makeup, although she has proven she can look good with or without it. :wink:

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

I will add to what Howard and Ray say about their experiences with Doris and not seeing her freckles. I sat with Doris (and others) numerous times back in 1970 and never saw a freckle either. I have thought about those freckles several times over the years, but came to the conclusion that she probably did wear a light make up when out in public. I also remember that I had to force myself not to stare at her!

Lauren

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

The banner is absolute amazing !!!! but do love also her freckles on the picture, she looks as also beautiful, with or without makeup, she looks always fabulous.