Doris' Birthday Celebration

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris' Birthday Celebration

Unread post by webmaster »

This could be the last one from Michael in Carmel:

Cyprus Inn - Jim Martinez and Laura Didier speaking to Doris via speakerphone. Doris called in to say hello and thank everyone for being there. She sounded wonderful. I think Doris really is doing well which should give all of us something to cheer about. On to San Francisco in the morning.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!!!

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

anialek36 wrote:Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!!!

Ania
FANTASTIC

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Thanks for the great photos and the update Micheal - sounds like a magnificent and special time.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Doris's last public appearances were in 1993. I am fortunate to have been at the Doris Day weekend then. Wish you all were there then too. What a great time you all had. Doris is lucky she has a world full of fans, a beautiful estate to live on and her beloved pets. More than most at any age. She is certainitley not sad and alone. She has it all!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Like Terry's song, DORIS is a Happy Ending. A good movie would bring it all back and make us smile again.

HilB126
Forum Friend

Unread post by HilB126 »

This birthday week has been an absolute blast! Michael introduced me to some other fans, and boy was I glad he did! You guys are quite a group and I had so much fun - some of the best days I've ever spent that's for sure. Doris called into the Cypress for the two concerts - the first one was short but the second one was a bit longer. She was so thrilled with our singing, that girlish giggle came out. We all went to bed with her "Nighty night!" in our ears.
I count myself extremely lucky to have been there and met so many awesome people. Sitting by the fire talking until midnight about Doris with people who know what you're talking about is something special. I'm definitely making the trek out there next year!

Kitty

Unread post by Kitty »

Hi everyone - I'm starved of information here in Australia. How did the birthday celebration go in Carmel? Also did you all enjoy the show for Doris at the Cypress Inn? Looking forward to hearing all about it.
It was a pity that Mike's radio program's server had crashed and out of action all day - what a disaster - such a shame it happened on D's birthday.
Can someone please reply. Thanks.
Kitty :)

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I wondered what happened to Mike's show! You tried Mike! Maybe you can still try to run it another time, it doesn't have to be her birthday for us to appreciate her with an all day event! I really REALLY want to attend next year. Here's hoping! Michael thanks for all the pics! You guys and gals look like a fun group!

webmaster

Kitty - I think you know as much as the rest of us - it's all contained within the posts here, especially the photos and captions. I suspect that some of the travelers to Carmel are resting up after the trip and may post further later.

Cheers!

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Michael~
Thank you for sharing the wonderful Carmel photos and those with other fans. For those of us who have been there, the photos help to bring back fond memories. With the lack of radio coverage this year, both accidental and purposeful, the DD fan community were left out of the celebration. Your photos help to bring us back into focus again, as if we were all there together.

Lauren

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Lauren Benjamin wrote:Michael~
Thank you for sharing the wonderful Carmel photos and those with other fans. For those of us who have been there, the photos help to bring back fond memories. With the lack of radio coverage this year, both accidental and purposeful, the DD fan community were left out of the celebration. Your photos help to bring us back into focus again, as if we were all there together.

Lauren
Lauren,

It was my pleasure. I wanted to make everyone feel as if they were there because this board represents a virtual community of fans who, despite our differences, remain united in our love and respect for Doris. At the risk of sounding a bit maudlin, I took note of Annette Funicello's passing yesterday and realized again that nothing lasts forever. Having the opportunity to be in Carmel and share the joy of her special day with a wonderful group of people was a tremendous gift to me. I tell you, Doris' unique and enduring impact is everywhere in that town. Nearly every shopkeeper, hotel employee and pet lover has something lovely to say about her. Maybe that says even more about her than any of her films or recordings. If you want to experience the 'real' Doris Day, just walk the pet friendly streets of Carmel and you will find her.

I also want to thank Bryan for suggesting the photos of Carmel and for being so prompt and gracious in posting them on the board.

Hugs to all,
Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Was anything mentioned about the 35th animal work celebration? Thought that was going to be the main theme this year?

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

jmichael wrote:
Lauren Benjamin wrote:Michael~

Lauren
Lauren,

It was my pleasure. I wanted to make everyone feel as if they were there because this board represents a virtual community of fans who, despite our differences, remain united in our love and respect for Doris. At the risk of sounding a bit maudlin, I took note of Annette Funicello's passing yesterday and realized again that nothing lasts forever. Having the opportunity to be in Carmel and share the joy of her special day with a wonderful group of people was a tremendous gift to me. I tell you, Doris' unique and enduring impact is everywhere in that town. Nearly every shopkeeper, hotel employee and pet lover has something lovely to say about her. Maybe that says even more about her than any of her films or recordings. If you want to experience the 'real' Doris Day, just walk the pet friendly streets of Carmel and you will find her.

I also want to thank Bryan for suggesting the photos of Carmel and for being so prompt and gracious in posting them on the board.

Hugs to all,
Michael
thank you dear..wonderful.I was soo lucky to discover DD

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

ray wrote:Was anything mentioned about the 35th animal work celebration? Thought that was going to be the main theme this year?
Not that I noticed although you're right, this is the 35th anniversary of the DDAF.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Month long deal at Cypress Inn in honor of DD

Came across this, about an upgrade deal at the Cypress Inn, in honor of Doris Day's birthday, a month long deal. I am providing the link:

http://www.mercurynews.com/travel/ci_22 ... hotel-deal

webmaster

Toby - I've merged your post with this topic.

Nora Neat :)

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Thanks Bryan! I'm glad that you're the tidy one! Haha. I supposed it does fit in this catergory anyway!