Forum Banners 2014

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Forum Banners 2014

Unread post by webmaster »

Stars who left Hollywood: I forgot the obvious and most famous: Grace Kelly.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Bryan, I think we all are getting excited about her "milestone" birthday - also a great marketing tool to raise $$$ for the four leggers. Think that is THE only reason she is doing any publicity about her birthday as she really never cared about them years ago. However, I had the incredible opportunity to be with her on several and planned a couple surprise ones for her....she seemed to enjoy the celebration despite the fact that she never talked about birthdays - just commenting, it's just another day - however, APRIL 3 will always be a special day to me. God bless her and keep her happy and healthy.

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

webmaster

Amen to that! And I'm sure you're right , she doesn't like a fuss being made about her, being a very humble person, and she's more concerned about the animal's welfare - plus it makes her cry! :lol:

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Bryan,

Not only the films, but those hundreds of fine recordings she made will continue to be enjoyed for decades. What a tremendous legacy! I read an excerpt from an article in National Board of Review that described Doris as "unquestionably one of the most enormous talents ever to work in Hollywood." Boy, did they get that right.

Judy

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Great banner, I love this image Doris I sent a birthday card for Doris. 90 years is a beautiful age, Doris can say I had a beautiful, colorful life... I will not live for so many years ... I hope that Doris will live still in good health, surrounded by good people. Just be happy... Barbara http://www.dorisdaymagic.com this site is fantastic! Beautifully made​​, great pictures, the power of information about our beloved lady! something amazing! I cried with emotion as I watched all the things that are placed on the page. I thought to myself how quickly the time goes by ... I will always remember her wonderful film roles, wonderful songs. Doris is my angel, my goddess For all of us fans of Doris is the brightest of the stars amen! Again, I have tears in my eyes I'm glad that I'm here:) Doris enrolled in golden letters in the history of cinema and music!

Greetings from Poland:) Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

dave
Honorary Member

Unread post by dave »

Thanks !

to Barbara, Mike, Janet, Lauren, Puck (and any others I might've missed, so far) who had a hand in "What might have been" posted by Barbara on Saturday, March 29th with a link.

"What might have been?" It's a lot more than that. If you missed it please go back.

All the best clips ever put in one place, the whole story of Doris' career, right there..

It's a great tribute. dave

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

webmaster wrote:

Image GIFSoup
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

jmichael
Honorary Member

Barbara wrote:For all of you who might like to take a peek at what might have been in movies for Doris, just click on this site that Mike and Janet, and others have work so hard for her Birthday page, Puck has created some posters of movies of what might have been just for Doris, and yes Michael, there is one in there from The Graduate". Any way she has put together some great movies for Doris, and all done with great taste.
Also check out the other pages on there also. :wink:

http://www.dorisdaymagic.com/who-knows- ... -been.html
Barbara, thanks a bushel and a peck for the link to the new site. Kudos to all who were involved. The what-might-have-been page is excellent. I cannot imagine how much time and research went into gathering this information. And then there is the added brilliance of Puck, whose creativity makes it all come to life visually. Most impressive. It's also a lot of fun to speculate about missed opportunities. Among all of the films and shows you listed, perhaps the one that haunts me the most is Sondheim's superior stage show, Follies. Doris would have been a natural in the Dorothy Collins role. Can you imagine how Doris would have brought down the house when she launched into the showstopping Losing My Mind? Oh my!

Thanks again for sharing the Doris bounty.

Michael
Michael H

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Michael, Janet has been working non stop on this page getting it ready for Doris Birthday, also Mike has done a lot of hard work on the music pages, and Dorine has put together the beautiful pages with Doris through the years. Thanks Dorine this was beautiful, and of course Puck has worked non stop putting together the two pages of" Doris, "What might have been". And also Puck did a lot of the Doris Movie pages. I did only a few of those, and just tried to help gather pictures and send to Janet. But a big thank you to all who put together this wonderful Birthday tribute for our Doris. And Bryan your work on this site, of all the movie banners was fantastic. Would love to see them all together on one big Banner!! :wink:

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Congratulations, Bryan, this latest banner is so wonderful. Loving it!
Like Irene Dunne done.

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Lovely June Haver, who Fox was grooming to be the next Betty Grable (love Grable!), left films at the tender age of 27 to become ... a NUN! Yup, that's what she did. But that didn't last long. In '54 (I believe) she married actor, Fred MacMurray, and never returned to films.
Like Irene Dunne done.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Wow, that was a lot of movies Bryan, makes me dizzy to think about doing all of them. And I can't even get my head around what might have been. :roll:

webmaster

Yes, and we didn't even do all the Warner ones individually!

I'm trying to decide which Doris film to watch on her birthday (TCM, UK has a different film schedule and the only film of hers I can see coming up at the moment is "On Moonlight Bay" (Saturday, BBC2).

I'm thinking perhaps 'The Pajama Game'? Anyone else have that choice to make?

jmichael
Honorary Member

I'm watching I'll See You In My Dreams simply because I've never seen it before.

Michael
Michael H

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Well I'll be horn-swaddle, if it ain't Calam!! I never get tired of watching this movie, and I know it was one of her favorite as well. :wink: Also here on TCM Shows start at 5:00 am, I'll See You In My Dreams,Lover Come Back, Jumbo, Love Me Or Leave Me, April In Paris, Calamity Jane, Tunnel Of Love, The Thrill Of It All, Move over Darling, Send Me No Flowers, With Six You Get Eggroll, Please Don't Eat The Daisies. So it will be all day and all night with our Birthday girl. :wink:

JMoore

Unread post by JMoore »

Thanks to all who had kind words about the new site. We worked very hard on this project. I can't thank you all of you enough who contributed to the effort. I couldn't have done it without you. There's so much more to come. So please visit often. http://www.dorisdaymagic.com.

Many have asked but I won't be adding a forum on the new site. Bryan does such a wonderful job of it here. But if you do want to contact us with any comments or feedback, just click on the Contact Us page for the info.

Thanks again!

Janet

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Michael! Can't believe you never saw "I'll See You in My Dreams." I think it's an underrated gem. And DD and Danny Thomas ... you'd think they'd be an unlikely pair, but they really had good chemistry!
Like Irene Dunne done.

webmaster

One of the reasons anyway! :)

Image of Doris & Biggest from Puck.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Love it Fantastic banner, thank you Puck Thanks Bryan :D

Ps: Janet really require a great effort to create such a wonderful website. It requires great skills in web design. Wonderful graphics, great performance congratulations, you're great! All of you, who you made the this wonderful site, Mike, Barbara, Puck, Dorine are champions. Congratulations and many thanks from me for the wonderful work! Even two of my clips are placed on the page, which is very nice for me. Thank you!

Once on Youtube some guy from America, wrote me that he is very surprised that a person of Polish, he knows who is Doris Day :wink:

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

jmichael
Honorary Member

I've had more time to browse the new site and concur with Ania's comment about how much work went into it. It shows on every page. The sheer volume of information is staggering and I love the film clips. Hats off to Janet, Barbara, Mike, Lauren, Puck and everyone else who contributed to it. You all should be very proud.

Michael
Michael H

webmaster

DMMeyer

Unread post by DMMeyer »

Beautiful Banner! I hope to visit Carmel one day
"I love to laugh. It’s the only way to live. Enjoy each day – it’s not coming back again!” -Doris Day

webmaster

Thanks - Carmel sounds expensive! It looks beautiful though.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Bryan,

Carmel is expensive but oh so worth it. You can find less expensive hotels if you don't mind driving or walking a bit further to reach the heart of Carmel-By-The Sea. Of all the places my partner and I have visited over the years, we consider Carmel our favorite destination and that would be the case even if Doris didn't live there. It is a magical place that has retained its quaint charm by limiting the intrusion of corporate retailers and favoring small, locally owned hotels, restaurants, shops and art galleries. The look and feel of the town is almost English country side thanks to the many cottages and buildings with potted flowers and flower beds everywhere. One of our favorite things to do is take long walks along Scenic Road early in the morning and again at sunset. I also love to walk up and down the steep hill of Ocean Drive several times in a row for my cardio workouts. Carmel really has a unique charm about it that defies description.

It is also hard to top the majestic beauty of the central California coast line from Big Sur up to Carmel and Pebble Beach. Worth the price and then some. What are you waiting for?

Below is one of my favorite views along Scenic Road.

Michael
Michael H

webmaster

Thanks for that, Michael. It sounds a bit like 'Brigadoon'!