Forum Banners 2014

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
howard
Special Contributer

Re: Forum Banners 2014

Unread post by howard »

What a wonderful present Doris gave us all on her birthday. I thought we'd never see her again. I felt sure about it. But she mingled with the guests, and that was just fantastic. The guests must have been in heaven!
Like Irene Dunne done.

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

I think she looks great and she seems pretty spry! From the youtube vid- she looks steady on her feet. Good for her! I think those pictures will put to bed any rumors of illness. Wishing her continued good health and happiness.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

She will always be our "Sweetheart" ♥

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

Having a late DD birthday celebration (a bit hectic yesterday - let's make it a week!),

Listening to 'Cuttin' Capers' - a fantastic album I remember buying when I was knee-high to a grasshopper.

Hopefully 'The Pajama Game' later (if I can persuade my guest!)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

DMMeyer

Unread post by DMMeyer »

Here is a great you tube video of Doris celebrating with her fans at her birthday party dinner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsKlPBTsd0
"I love to laugh. It’s the only way to live. Enjoy each day – it’s not coming back again!” -Doris Day

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Thanks for posting this. Kudos to Doris for boldly venturing forth to give her fans such a treat. So good to see that her customary gusto hasn't waned. Very eager to read Jackie Joseph's next column in the Tolucan Times to get details.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Donna~
What a wonderful video!!! I just love it. She is smiling big ol' smiles. I think Doris really enjoyed herself. It's my understanding that there was a video shown about her career that Doris apparently got a kick out of watching. And also understand that Doris asked to meet every one of the people there personally.

How wonderful for all!!!

lauren

aussiealan

Unread post by aussiealan »

The whole world is a much happier place knowing that our gorgeous lady was having the best time on her birthday and being able to finally see her looking really fabulous. Oh! if only Australia wasn't so far away......! Doris, you have brought much, much happiness to so-o-o many and it is we (the fans) who have received the greatest gift of all. Thanks everyone for all the photos etc and helping us here in Aussie feel a part of it. To quote one of my favourite song titles ....you have now given us your "HEART FULL OF LOVE".

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

What a wonderful gift she gaves her fans, Thank you. Miss Day !!!!!!

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful banner, just brilliant

I still can not believe in what happened, Doris went to the fans, she was at dinner. I look at all these pictures and I see HER smile, the smile of a young Doris It's hard for me to write in English what I feel I lack the words. I'm excited and I have butterflies in my stomach. Doris really looks great! Have a nice Sunday:)

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Miracle-banner.A big thank you to the bunch of fans who made this happen.Dreams do come true.Doris still is so much the same facewise,she looks very gracious,even with a plaid on her shoulders.It must get windy up there and that is what she usually talks about in interviews.
And sitting through a whole gala-dinner.What reclusive star would do that?She certainly has not changed on the inside,big hearted.And yes,for all she did that day we are grateful and love her even more for sure!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

I'm hearing that Doris stayed for the entire program and that it was a long night. Hopefully, the film clips and video tributes they showed will become available on You Tube at some point. I don't know about anybody else but I am still flying high after seeing Doris looking so healthy and happy. By the way, for those on Facebook, apparently Jackie Joseph had dinner with Doris at her home last night. She has posted a pic on her FB page.

Here is a video from the event.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

It is all just so fabulous. Doris never ceases to REALLY SURPRISE and DELIGHT us. What a lady.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Thank you, Michael, for the birthday video. Nice to see so many people taking photos of Doris and, I hope, passing those photos on so perhaps we can enjoy them also.

There was a little movie presented there all about Doris' career presented by Jim Pearson, that I'm told Doris apparently enjoyed, as well as the guests. And I'm so moved by the fact, as I mention before, that Doris asked to meet every person there and took her time to say "Thank you." What a wonderful evening for Doris!!

Lauren

webmaster

I think I'm all Doris'd out at the moment - still taking it in. (Or still can't believe it!)

I think that was a defining moment in her (present) life and very happy to read how much she enjoyed it. I hope, now that she's 'broken the ice', that we will see her again from time to time in the future. 8)

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Brian, I sure hope you are right in that she may decide to be out and about now and then - all her birthday festivities have been so wonderful and thanks to modern technology, we are seeing her almost as she steps out...glad she appears happy and healthy - that was the best news and gift to us.

Thanks for all that you do to keep us up-to-date on everything Doris. She is one amazing Lady and I thank God for her everyday.

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Another great article.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... day-201484

Doris Day, 90, Makes First Public Appearance in Decades at Her Birthday Party: Pictures
http://www.usmagazine.com
To celebrate her 90th birthday, Doris Day made her first official public appearance in decades at a party in her honor -- see the amazing pictures

This last photo I made by cutting someone else out of the picture. (sorry I just thought this was a great shot of her face, and that wonderful smile)

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I agree Barbara! that photo of her is awesome!

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Here it is if anyone wants to take a look at it. I cut the lady out of the picture and enlarge it and put it in a blue background. Doris you make 90 look good :wink:

webmaster

Not sure about the last banner :? - here's a fresh one from Puck:

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Wonderful new banner!
Like Irene Dunne done.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Yes love the latest banner Puck, wonderful. :wink:

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful banner, simply beautiful Thanks Puck :D Barbara and Bryan made ​​banners by you too are beautiful:) Doris smiling at the pictures of his birthday so beautiful, her smile is so young
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4306

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Thank you all, but also one of Bryan, he put the newest picture in the image, love it, Thank you Bryan. love the image you create Barbara, she looks marvelous and so happy with that wonderful smile. She did make a lot of fans very happy.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

To call creators - wonderful work and thank you for recent photos of Doris. She looks terrific!!!

Lauren