NEW MAGAZINE ARTICLE

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
howard
Special Contributer

NEW MAGAZINE ARTICLE

Unread post by howard »

Got a call the other day from David Kaufman. He had just spoken to a writer from Closer Magazine for an upcoming article about Doris. After his interview he referred her to me. I told her that I wasn't about to answer any questions if this would be an article that would hurt Doris in any way. She assured me that it would be an upbeat, positive story, and I believed her since Closer Magazine is not really one of those trashy tabloid affairs. She also interviewed Scott Dreier ("Doris and Me"), Paul Brogan, and Arielle Haller who is not only a fan, but she has written a show about Doris (fiction) entitled "What Will Be." It will be playing one night only as part of some sort of festival being held in New York. The magazine is scheduled to hit the newsstands on Wednesday, August 6. It's going to be a cover story. Guess the cover story in Closer a couple of months ago sold well since they are doing another one so soon. That's our girl. Still big box office (lol)!
Like Irene Dunne done.

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: NEW MAGAZINE ARTICLE

Unread post by webmaster »

Let's hope she keeps her promise, Howard - and writes something original. Sounds promising anyway. Keep us posted!
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Sounds promising. Thanks for letting us know, Howard.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes Howard, thanks for the update.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Hot off the press - from Paul.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

tonysimone

Unread post by tonysimone »

Hi'ya, all. Read the piece last night and, frankly, while it doesn't trash Ms. Day in any way, it's pretty much a rehash of what's been written before and what she's said before. I have to admit that, at this point in her life, what more can she say to the public about her life and work? I'm just grateful for her and that she's still around.

Those of you on here that know her, please, at least get her to record a few tunes. Good lord, they could do it in her house!

Hope you're all well.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Tony, I just don't think that will ever happen at the stage in her life, her voice is not that strong anymore, especially for singing and holding the notes and getting the pitch just right, like she was always known for.
Just have to buy, and enjoy the albums that is out there, that she has already recorded. :wink: