Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

Unread post by webmaster »

Thank you all, as always.

It's been a trying few days but very good to see Dorine (melancholy) and Lauren back again. 8)

Here's a final Jumbo image from Puck for now - hope you all have a great weekend. :)

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

webmaster

I forgot to upload the black and white image I sent to Puck to convert:

Also I rediscovered half a dozen clips I did on Daily Motion about six year ago, including Doris and Martha Raye singing "Why Can't I?" - one of my favourite songs from Jumbo:

Watch here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22rch ... -t-i_music

"Should girls be good girls? I think they should!" :)

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

BANNER WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC COLORS, PURE BEAUTY Doris is the most beautiful actress in the world amen!
Have a nice weekend, I wish you all :D

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

webmaster

Thank you, sweetie pie! :) And big thanks to Puck!

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

webmaster wrote:Thank you, sweetie pie! :) And big thanks to Puck!

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Thank you Bryan and Puck for this gorgeous banner. I agree with Ania Doris really is the most beautiful actress in the world.. And its not just her outward apearance, she has inward beauty as well. Her attitude and sunny personality add to that beauty.

Tybear

webmaster

Thanks Tybear, nicely put.

I think she has an inner strength/happiness - despite all the knocks that life has given her. You are right to mention her attitude, the very thing that that has helped her to survive and enjoy life - even though it wasn't always that sunny for her. I'm sometimes surprised by her intelligence - often overlooked because... well, she's 'Doris Day'. She has said some profound and insightful things that show she's learned a lot from life and has met the challenges head on. A hard thing to do sometimes, as we know - much easier to get depressed and think 'why do I bother' and feel sorry for yourself, forgetting that the best way to feel better is to think about other people. She's a kind of role model for unselfish behaviour!

I think that to those of us who admire her, it's not just because she can sing, act and make us laugh, it's because of who she is as a person, which comes through the talents she has as an entertainer - and the 'pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again' attitude she has, which we're all required to have on a regular basis! :)

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

ღ ♥ ღDoris is magicღ ♥ ღ
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Bryan, all the point's you make are very valid.and i totally agree with you. I would like to add another observation that i have made is shes so kind and she never thought of herself as better than anyone else. I believe that is why we can relate to her. She doesnt even realize what a wonderful performer she truly is. And that trait is what makes people love her so much.

Tybear

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Speaking to the points above by Bryan and Tybear, you can see the camaraderie she shared with her co-stars in every candid shot taken on set. She had an unmistakable rapport with nearly everyone she worked with - whether it's Thelma Ritter stopping by her trailer after a day's shooting, Doris and Rock holding hands in director chairs, or Doris riding with Arthur Godfrey on his bicycle. This speaks volumes about the kind of person she is and how beloved she was by her peers. I can't recall one single director complaining about working with Doris either. I doubt the same statement could me made for many other male or female stars of her generation.

And then consider all of the candid shots of her encounters with former co-stars long after they worked together: bumping into Eve Arden at a Golden Globe Awards ceremony, Stephen Boyd stopping by the Do Not Disturb set to say hello, or Doris dishing with Martha Hyer at an awards dinner. Very few major stars have amassed this level of love and respect throughout the entertainment business. It is very rare indeed.

These are just a few examples of why she stands apart from everyone else. She has always been as real and genuine as the day she was born.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Absolutely lovely banner!
I always adored those boots.Actually I had a similar pair for years!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Thanks Tybear and Michael - good to read those sentiments and observations about our gal - and thanks Dorine too - those boots are neat! 8)

Someone posted this image in the photo section but can't remember who - I'd like to look at Lover Come Back this week - and the 'Moons' films after that, Johnny!

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

An interview with James Cagney in Doris Day, Her Own Story by A.E. Hotchner came to mind after reading the insightful and thoughtful comments from Bryan, Tybear and Michael about Doris. I will quote part of it that seems to be in keeping with Doris' essence as a performer and a person.

James Cagney said:" My feeling is that shrewdness is not a very happy quality, It photographs, cuts right through everything and if anything, gives a performer a short run, that's it.
Well, Doris is the epitome of guilessness, an almost naïve quality of innocence and trust. As an actress she perfectly illustrates my definition of good acting, just plant yourself, look at the other actor in the eye and tell him the truth. That's what she does all right.

Cagney states that only two other actresses showed pure art from the beginning, Laurette Taylor in the Glass Menagerie and Pauline Lord in Anna Christie that affected him the way that Doris has.

Doris has the ability to project the simple direct statement of a simple direct idea without cluttering it. That's what she brought to Love Me or Leave Me which is a movie I rate among the top five of the sixty-two pictures that I made".

I feel Doris' strength is in her emotional intelligence that gives her the great ability to connect intimately with other through her art. She seems to be universally loved as a performer and as a person. In all her performances there is a kindness, caring and sensitivity that embraces the audience regardless of the film character she plays or in the songs she sings.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

I love the Lover Come Back banner. Just looking at Doris and Rock in the banner and remembering the film makes me want to burst out laughing. Their chemistry in the film is electric. Just perfect!

Thanks so much!
Johnny

melancholy
Honorary Member

funny quote and adorable scene!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Thanks Dorine and Johnny.

That's a great statement from James Cagney, hadn't read that before. A very moving description of the woman we all know and love - seems he felt the same way.

I've always thought of him as an honest actor himself - he made the role of Marty Snyder in Love Me Or Leave Me very believable and you ended up - at least I did - having some sympathy for him and understanding his jealousy. He played it with a lot of humour just under the surface.

It goes back to what Michael was saying about Doris' relationships with co-stars and the people she worked with. Thanks for posting it!

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

[Bryan wonderful banner. How I love this movie
ImageImageImageImage
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

ImageImageImageImage

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Thank you all for those kinds words !!!! Do love the new " Lover Come Back" banner Bryan !!!
and wonderful picture Ania.

And my dear friend, Marty Montserrat, is trying a IPAD, so I hope she will soon online.
But you can also send her a card, she still in hospital, If you want send a card to her, please ask through my email her address.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Lovely LCB banner.

Re- DD as a person - I agree 100% with what has been said, she is a role model for how to behave [treat others especially when in a position of power]/ how to survive and how to be content and ultimately happy. These qualities [maybe even more than her amazing talents to entertain] place Doris Day as my number 1 and my idol - I have no hesitation in saying that. Doris' book has been like a self-help to me over the years, and when I am struggling with a situation I ask myself how Doris would deal with it [or how I think she would] and invariably it helps me to deal with difficult / negative situations in a more understanding, less confrontational and more positive manner - for others and for me.

Finally, add to the talent, the natural good and fair nature of this lady and her ability to survive - add to all this what she has done for the animals - and well...there is really no one else like her [to me only Elizabeth Taylor comes close in what she has given both in entertainment and in humane causes].

In a link I received today it stated that since Doris started National spay day in the USA -through her animal league in 1995- the number of dogs and cats euthanized each year in the USA has dropped from over 27 million [1995] to just over 2 million - this has now become a World event - World Spay Day - what a legacy - never mind all else that Doris has made better for the wise and wonderful 4 leggers.

webmaster

Thanks Jas - great and interesting to read all these 'testimonials'. :)

Here's another image from our photo section - a candid shot of Doris & Rock on the set of" Lover Come Back" - thanks to Peter for posting it.

Glad to hear that Martin is getting better, Puck. Lots of love and good wishes to her.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful banner, beautiful picture LOVE IT
Thanks Bryan
Ps: Doris has a positive attitude towards the world and people.

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

What a theme (team!) endless topic,lovely picture Bryan.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Wonderful and amazing banner Bryan. Great picture Peter.

I'm glad she is must better.

And yes Ania, she still gives this world and people a wonderful positive attitude.
She still give use that wonderful feeling of joy, happiness, and so must more.....

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Another lovely banner= such candid [not posed] shots show truly what a fabulous looking woman DD was in her prime [and beyond] - she had it all, great - figure, face, eyes, hair, teeth, talent, humanity, etc. etc.

Re- "Why Can't I" = I think it is one of Doris' finest on screen renditions - just perfection and Martha Raye was in equally amazing voice on it.