Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

Unread post by webmaster »

Thanks Jas. One more:

- one from Puck next.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

webmaster

webmaster

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

This dreamy, sophisticated and elegant Doris Day banner immediately captures the beauty and mood of the glorious I Have Dreamed album.

Thank you Bryan.
Johnny

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Lovely banner and as Johnny mentioned, it captures the dreamy quality of the album.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi all,

Great banner, from a great album. Love it a lot!

P

webmaster

Thank you all.

Here's another great image from Puck, with a tribute from loyal long-term fan and journalist, Liz Smith.

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/guest ... -new-again

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

It is a wonderful feeling to see all the love and appreciation being sent to Doris. She really deserves this recognition. I hope the current generation will take notice of Doris, great talent.

Thank you Puck
Johnny

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Another great banner - with apt words from Liz Smith.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Wonderful banner Bryan, Great creation of the great album "I have dreamed", love the colors, and I didn't know what a great picture it was on the last one, she looks just marvelous and you made it just complete with the Liz Smith words on it.

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi all,

Love the latest banner from Puck, alway's loved the magazine cover...

Thanks for sharing,

P

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Lovely banner, just perfect,❦❧ ♥ ♥ ♥ ❧❦ Thanks Puck :D

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

a wow feeling opening the forum!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Thank you all, and especially Puck - more from her soon.

Sarah Vaughan is one of my favourite singers and that is praise indeed.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Great banner and quote. Sassy Sarah is my favourite jazz singer too or in my top 3 along with billie holiday and Anita Oday.

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

I love this picture of Doris. She looks so classy and elegant. She should be on the cover of Vogue Magazine. Ive never seen anyone else who always looked stylish and so fashionable no matter the outfit. Beautiful and talented? Who could ask for anything more?

My beloved dog of 16 years, Bailey passed away this week. Her passing has left me incredibly sad. I know this is the one thing Doris and i have in common a true love for animals. Thank you Bryan for allowing us the opportunity to celebrate and honor Doris on this awesome forum!

Tybear

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

So sorry about Bailey. But you gave your pet a good life and thats what counts. Suppose all the pets we loved greet us in heaven. Doris will be Loved as she always has been.

webmaster

Sorry to hear that, Tybear.

I know how you feel - it's like losing a family member, isn't it? I've had two dogs and three cats, The last one, Korky the cat, was ill for awhile and wasn't able to walk very well at the end, The day he died I woke up to find him on the floor at the side of my bed, he had managed to drag himself from the room next door to be near me. I must admit I cried when he died. I buried him in the garden and lit a lamp over his grave, which I kept lit for a month. I used to look out the window at night and see the lamp in the garden. That seems slightly odd to me now but it was a way of grieving. I decided not to have another pet after that, I didn't want to go through that again. We forget that we are going to outlive our pets.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Tybear, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Bailey. It is terrible that we have them for a relatively short of period of time, but the kind of love and companionship they give us is beyond compare. Nothing quite like it. Bryan, thanks for sharing your loss too. I hope you will reconsider and decide to adopt an animal at some point. There are so many who need good homes these days.

Here's to happier days.
Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Tybear [and Bryan] sorry for your loss - time is a great healer though and I hope that in time things will improve.

My 2nd four legger boy [Fon-Fon] died almost 3 years ago aged 20 - he was the cat who loved to dance with me [he cradled like a baby] to "Ain't we got fun" - like you Bryan I have not went out of my way to find another although I encourage others to - animals [as Doris has said] teach us so much - about fundamental things such as loyalty and true love. I've always said my next four legger will come to me [as indeed my cats did].

Again, sorry for your recent loss Tybear - thinking of you.

webmaster

Korky used to like sitting in my work-folder box while I was working - when he wasn't lying on the top of my desktop computer - they were bigger in those days!

He loved boxes! :lol:

He grew into a big fearless cat!

Typear - do you have any pics of Bailey you want to share?

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Oh he was a handsome beast Bryan

webmaster

Thanks Jas, he was! And very funny. He used to follow me down to the main road when I went out - like a dog!

Tybear's loss has brought back a lot of memories for me - and, no doubt, the same for you with Fon-Fon - luckily he lived a long time. Korky was only 12 when he died - I think he had a spinal issue. About a year before he died he came in dragging his back legs. I panicked and the woman in the flat downstairs downstairs said 'I'll get the car, you get the cat and we'll take him to the vet'.

I picked him up as gently as I could but it still hurt him and I remember he sunk his teeth into my hand as we were going down the stairs and it was all I could do not to drop him. The vet said there was no hope but would give him the weekend and decide on Monday.

I said I'd prefer him to die at home, that I'd like to take him and could she come to the house and put him down on Monday? She wasn't very enthusiastic but agreed. We slept on ground level in the lounge with him over the weekend and amazingly he started to recover and lived another year and a half, so that was a great bonus.

Apologies for going off topic but I think Doris would understand! She's been through it many many more times.

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Thank you for all your kind words Bryan, Ray, JMichael, and Jas. They do bring comfort. Bryan your cat was so beautiful. My Bailey did not like the camera, she was afraid of the flash. She had a fear of the weather also. But she was a very good friend to me. She too was sick, with cancer. She declined very rapidly. She was fine last friday and got sick Saturday and died sometime during the early morning hours on Monday, in bed next to me and i feel quite sure that you all know youre never ready for their untimely death. I know Doris has lost many pets but i applaud her for her continued care and love for all animals. She is a true advocate for animals everywhere. And Bryan i think our topic of conversation is acceptable considering Doris's great love for animals. Im glad i can share with my forum friends. I feel encouraged and im glad to know that we all share a love for animals and i know Doris would be pleased.

Tybear

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I agree Tybear, I talk of the departed often - 2 leggers and 4 leggers -

Thankfully I was at home when Fon-Fon had a stroke or a bad seizure- 2 friends of mine drove me to the vets - I knew he would not be coming home- however on the way I don't know why, but it dawned on me that it was 5 years to the day [same date] from when my other cat "Laurie" had died- I took a great comfort in that - time to join your brother who is waiting on you Fon-Fon.

Another thought- off topic a bit- however, one of the friends who was taking me to the vet is one of my best friends and the funniest - a drama queen though- he had looked after my cats through the years if I was away and he fell into the vets waiting room and almost fell in a heap of grief- inside this made me laugh thinking [is this my cat or yours] - the others in the waiting room comforted my friend Matthew - as he was wailing etc. I took a back seat until the time came but the humour in the situation was noted by me and in a way it helped me to get through that initial very difficult time.

On that note- Matthew as I write is having quadruple-bi-pass heart surgery so for those of you who pray, please say a wee prayer all is well, and others, if you send positive healing vibes into the Universe I'd be much appreciative of that.