Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

Unread post by ray »

I am always compareing what movies or current TV projects would be good for Doris. This banner from Glass Bottom Boat with Rod Taylor imageing Doris in a different light. I just finished watching the first season of Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. The show is classy and elegant, Doris would love the clothes for the leading Lady in this PBS series. She is like a female James Bond as was Doris in Caprice. Many do not care for Caprice but we see Doris as the strong single woman who can take care of herself without the help of a man or anyone else. Doris Martin in the last two seasons of The Doris Day Show was similar. Doris Martin then single dated several men and maintained a good job with a fantastic wardrobe. The real Doris Day when she started her movie career was much the same. Ahead of her time and no apologies for leading her life and career as she suited.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Great banners, Bryan, and thank you all, and Ray do you not also get that feeling, when watching " Murder she wrote" that you expect Doris on the screen, as it been write especial for her.
And she was perfect in " Caprice" .

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Thanks all. Here's one of my favourite images from you, Puck:

Below, the full image - love those cuffs!

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

webmaster

It's oh so quiet... are you all birthdayed out? Love is 24/7 you know! :)

I was trying to think of a song that encapsulated what I mean and I think this might be it? :lol:

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

What a sweet Doris banner! Doris looks like she is saying she has a secret and she will not tell.
Johnny

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Very fine song choice, Bryan. Is it from the Listen to Day album?

A bit of trivia: Love Me in the Daytime was composed by Robert Allen (who also wrote Everybody Loves a Lover). The lyric is by Bob Hilliard, who wrote Why Did I Tell You I Was Going to Shanghai?, so both composer and lyricist had huge success with Doris's recordings of their work.

webmaster

Thanks for the info, Judy. Yes, great song, isn't it?

And it is from:

Although I've also seen it on a new compilation CD and also a remastered CD on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... s_sp_ps_dp

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Banner wonderful, just fantastic

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Bryan and Puck,

Thank you so much for this beatiful banner of Doris. Simply beautiful. I hope everyone is well and having a good week so far. Tomorrow is Tuesday all ready hope you all have a Doris day!

Tybear

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Thank you all, especially Bryan, love it, better than the other version I did create many years ago. Thank you.

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi Puck,

Great banner again. Keep up the good work!

Greetings,

P

webmaster

Yes, thanks for that great image, Puck, you've made it your own and I always find myself coming back to it - not sure if Jas likes the hairstyle, though? :)

I came across this pic of Doris crying on the balcony when fans were wishing her Happy Birthday:

It made me sad. Perhaps they were tears of happiness but for me it was also of time passing. I thought of Calamity Jane, Doris at her best with a long career and life ahead of her. I fell in love with her when I saw it, as did so many other people. Okay, it was a Hollywood fantasy but she was real. It's sad that time of innocence has gone - but we still have the memories and we still have Doris.

Whip Crack Away and our secret love's no secret anymore! Let's continue to celebrate her while we can.

http://www.dorisday.net/calamity-jane

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Tears of joy that we still have Doris and show her our Love that she gave to us, Its inspireing. Accept her age as it truely is just a number. :wink:

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thank you so much for the Calamity Jane banner. It fills my heart with joy. The film is a timeless classic that I never tire of seeing. Doris is at her best.
Thanks again.
Johnny

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

This may be a Hollywood fantasy but its taught me to Love so its real. This April leaves us with the feel good movie feeling that Doris always provided for us. Accept age only showing to enjoy each moment at any age is priceless. So good to see that photo of Doris realizing how much she is loved.

webmaster

Thanks Johnny! It's definitely a feel-good movie! Every fan loves it - and the general public. :)

I think we should feature it for awhile - as a tribute. I've got some great black and white images and I'll ask Puck to colour a few.

And, Ray, It's a nice sentiment, but there's a bit more to it than that - such as being 17 and 71, you can't say the difference is just a number. We all have a limited time on this planet and then, like stars, we burn out and, obviously, if you are 17, you have a lot more burning out to do.

The problem is we have an ambivalent attitude to dying. We say how sad and terrible it is if someone dies and at the same time we say we believe in life after death and that we are going to a better place. If we really believed that, shouldn't we be happy if someone dies? But that would be a hard thing to do, wouldn't it?

Am I getting too philosophical? That's my nature (Aquarius). Whip Crack Away!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

But we are not 17 and have to enjoy any age. What will I pack for that last journey? My heart will be packed with many good memories from the people we love and Doris. Doris always says life is eternal. Lets not dwell on it too much over thinking at our age we might trip and break a hip! :o

webmaster

You've hit the nail on the head, Ray, at 71 you break hips, at 17 you break hearts! :lol:

(Which reminds me that some, at least one, newspaper referred to Doris as 'sexy' on her birthday, which I found a bit weird. Not that she didn't look sweet and lovable but it seemed odd to bring sex into it.)

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Bryan I think you need a cup a and a nap. Yes we can still break hearts at 71 . All the Ladies in my building are looking for a man without a walker to latch onto. And yes you can be sexy after 60! When people have cataracts its easy! :lol:

webmaster

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Thank you Bryan for this beautiful banner and the pictures related to this wonderful awesome classic Doris Day film. I LOVE Calamity Jane. The music is great and no one else could play Calamity like Doris. This film has it all music, comedy , drama and Doris. Thanks again for celebrating Doris snd her phenomenal role as Calamity Jane.

Tybear

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Re the Calamity Jane Banner- wow! Just wonderful.

Re the previous banner -/ hairstyle -yes Bryan you are correct - I HATE that hair style [and am glad Doris did too - as she told those present at the 1987 Convention]- that does not take away from the wonderful work put into the banner [and others] from Puck [and others] - however, in true DD style- I think it best to say nothing [or very little] rather than be negative - so [for the most part] I guess it can be said if I don't comment on a banner - I don't like it - not the work that has gone into it, just the look [generally the hair - lol!!!] Doris' eyes in the previous banner though looked particularly wonderful.

Re Calamity Jane [generally] - this film [probably more than any other] will continue to endear Doris Day to the young and I find that just heart warming and - just!

Re age- we really have to keep reminding ourselves what age our wonderful lady is - whether 92 or 94 - she is AMAZING and yes, we are so lucky - so very lucky and so are the precious four leggers!

webmaster

Thank you all. And why do I feel I've been in an Abbott & Costello movie after talking to you, Ray? :lol:

Calamity Jane was also very popular in Japan and Doris still is - you can still buy her records there:

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Another lovely CJ banner.

webmaster

Thanks, Jas - and especially for keeping the party going! :)