Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

Unread post by Musiclover »

My sentiments, too, Tybear.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thanks Bryan for such a great and tender Pillow Talk banner. The black and white photo enhances the romantic feeling.
Johnny

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Thanks Johnny. I was wondering if people would like it. It's slightly blurry (not my doing) and she looks a little different there with her head to one side. But I agree it has a tenderness - and intimacy.

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

webmaster

Remember this scene? :lol:

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

I love this banner. Rock getting into the little car without hesitation and remaining calm while Doris is trying to help him problem solve and is encouraging is brilliant comedy. This is one of my many favorite scenes from Pillow Talk.

My favorite scene is near the end when Doris is being carried down the street by Rock and a cat is following them to his apartment.
Thanks Bryan!
Johnny

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Great banner/ great scene/ great film!

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Thank you Bryan for this Pillow Talk banner. There is so much to love about this classic Doris Day/Rock Hudson film. It is hard for me to choose a favorite scene. This is comedy at its best.

Thank you Musiclover for responding to my comments on the previous page. I hope everyone will have a great holiday weekend.

Tybear

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

I agree - fabulous banner Bryan. YOU, Puck and others always put up amazing photos. Keep 'em coming! Gave my DAY TO REMEMBER ...DORIS DAY talk today to a standing room only audience at an upscale retirement complex - people love to hear about Doris. One lady came up with her two teen daughters and they were all into Doris too, thanks to their Mom. It is encouraging to me when I see and learn about the young people who get to know and love Doris...have a great weekend everyone!
Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Do love, adore the amazing banners about " Pillow Talk", thank you Bryan, and thank you Mary-Anne.

webmaster

Thank you all!

Staying with Pillow Talk, I guess this is a joint one - Puck did the great image of Doris on the phone.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thank you Bryan and Puck for the smart, funny and interesting Pillow Talk banner.
I love all the beautiful shades of blue.
Johnny

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Love the new banner - just wonder how it would be shown without the old phones - they would both be on cells...the photo looks timely, except for the phones. Enjoy your creativity with the banners Bryan and Puck.
Have a great day.
Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Love the new banner - just wonderful♥♡♥★☆★☆ Thank you all♡ Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Love this banner, great that you put Rock Hudson on it, love it very much.

webmaster

Thank you all!

This is to help promote Scott's new album, The Doris Day Project. Let's all get behind it. It's a celebration of Doris - and $5 goes to DDAF!

Broadway World Review:
“Now, after a long wait, Scott Dreier has recorded those fabulous Doris Day tunes that we all love in his very own inimitable style and warmth. The CD is entitled The Doris Day Project. Doris’ love has transcended time and has passed down from her to Scott and, now through the recording, on to us. What a treasure trove of hits that will never die! Tracks include: “Young at Heart”, “This Can’t Be Love”, “It’s Magic”, “Sentimental Journey”, “Secret Love”, “Shaking the Blues Away”, of course “Que Sera, Sera” from Alfred Hitchcock’s The Man Who Knew Too Much, and “My Buddy”, among many other gigantic hits.

It is hard not to fall in love with Dreier’s wonderfully original interpretations of all of the tunes. The fast patter and upbeat pace to “I May Be Wrong (But I Think You’re Wonderful)” is sheer delight. He makes Ira and George Gershwin’s “Do Do Do” extra special fun to listen to and … the wonderful arrangement of “Secret Love” has never before been rendered with such heartfelt joy by a male singer. His whispery prayer-like intonation and phrasing suit the material to perfection. He made me teary eyed with his earnest, sensitive approach to “My Buddy” coupled with “The Way You Look Tonight”. The increased tenderness with “Que Sera, Sera” is deliciously precious, and what sincerity and fervor with “It’s Magic”! Dreier’s delivery and special arrangements will take your breath away.”

Read More: http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angele ... D-20160506

Order the album here: http://www.scottdreier.com/the-album and $5.00 of your purchase will go the Doris Day Animal Foundation. Spread the word! :)

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Love the pillow Talk ones and the current one is quite special.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Thanks Dorine! Let us know if you hear it and what you think.

The same applies to everyone else - I haven't heard it yet but should do soon. It sounds divine from the review. 8)

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Bryan,

Thank you for this banner-Scott Dreier celebrating Doris. This project is such a wonderful way to honor her. I LOVE all 16 of these songs. No matter how young or old you are everyone can enjoy these classic songs. Scott is makng it possible for a whole new generation and future generations to love and appreciate great music.

Tybear

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Fabulous and innovative banner- that look of DD's is my fav by far- this woman at this time was just a tall blonde, glowing, ultra healthy and fabulous looking woman - I love how she looks!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Love the banner and the CD!! This should be a big hit. Haven't stopped playing my CD since I got it. :D

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Wonderful banner and I agree with Ray - the CD is fantastic. Scott really did her justice and his versions are not carbon copies at all. They pay homage to the originals but give him plenty of room to show his vocal chops.

Love that it now available to fans everywhere.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Fantastic banner, just this banner is amazing. It is a veritable miracle, I am delighted. Wonderful! Thanks to Bryan :D _♣__♣__♣ჱ_♣__♣__♣ܓ

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

webmaster

Thank you all very much - and thanks for the great endorsements, Tybear, Ray and Michael. I think you saw the show live in Carmel, Michael? Perhaps you could say something about that?

I imagine that many of us, like me, have yet to hear it - but I did get a taste from hearing 'Everybody Loves A Lover', which I thought was excellent.

The review from Broadway World is unreservedly positive, isn't it? But Ray's comment is not too dissimilar - just shorter! :) I hope we can get some more comments and reviews as people start to hear it.

Thank you all again - and best of luck to Scott with his new labour of love celebrating the music of Doris Day - and helping the four-leggers qt the same time.

Once again you can order your copy from Scott's website: http://www.scottdreier.com/the-album

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

webmaster wrote:I think you saw the show live in Carmel, Michael? Perhaps you could say something about that?
The recent concert in Carmel was the second time I've had the pleasure of seeing Scott perform the show. He has continued to enhance it and make it resonate even deeper with the audience. The one thing he does better than anyone is to capture how the fans feel about her. He does that in a very genuine and human way. He doesn't lay it on too thick or indulge in starry eyed platitudes either. Vocally, he can swing with the best of them or deliver a tender ballad in a hushed voice that evokes Doris' remarkable gift for singing to one person.

I hope his CD garners the kind of critical and popular attention it deserves.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

You have said it all Jmichael. Cheers! :)