Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Doris Day Forum Banners 2016

Unread post by webmaster »

One of the tracks from the CD:

Doris image from Puck.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Love the banner and the CD :D

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes, another great banner.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful banner, just fantastic

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Thank you Bryan, do love it.

webmaster

Thanks! :)

Sorry, I'm really bogged down with work at the moment.

Plus tomorrow is EU Referendum voting day. I'm voting remain (in the EU) but the polls say it's 50-50 - so things could go horribly wrong. :(

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

I know what you mean Bryan, i have been crazy busy at work as well. Good luck voting hope it goes the way youre hoping for. Thanks for all you do for this forum and the members. You give us the freedom to show our love and appreciation for Doris. Love Doris, love this forum!

Tybear

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Re Europe- I agree Bryan - I have voted already [to remain in] - but it is a very uncertain time and the result could go either way.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Re. Europe, it's just now an uncertain time for so many people in the UK and the English people how lived outside the UK. Hope there will be a another referendum, hope there will a solution, because the almost 50%- 50% is not a big difference.
And Bryan, we all do love you for what you have done and still doing, with this webforum. Thank you !

webmaster

Thanks Puck.

My friends and I are all in shock over the decision to leave the European Union.

Three million people and rising have signed a Government petition asking for another referendum on the basis of the rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% (which it was) there should be another referendum.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

if you are in the UK, please sign it. Worth a shot even if it's unlikely we'll get another referendum.

Normal service will be resumed when the dust has settled from this political earthquake!

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

We've been thinking of our UK friends and hoping for a second referendum. It appears there were mistakes and misunderstandings on both sides of the argument. As always, we want peace and prosperity for all of our Euro allies.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Canadians thoughts and support for everyone in the U.K. are with you. It is such a anxious time. May calm, peace and security be restored as soon as possible for all of you.
Johnny

webmaster

Thanks Michael & Johnny.

The referendum seems to have opened up a can of worms and divided the country in two. The Leave vote (52% to 48% for staying in the EU) was largely about foreign workers coming into the country - with a few other things thrown in.

The Leave campaign fanned the flames of anti-immigration and seems to have empowered a lot of racist verbal attacks and threats against non-uk citizens, or anyone who looks 'foreign'. A Polish community was covered in racist graffiti yesterday and people who were born here have been told to 'go home' - putting it politely.

In addition the Prime Minister has resigned and the opposition are in revolt and trying to get rid of their leader. So as well as a financial crisis there is a political vacuum. What do they call it? Murphy's Law? Just when you think things can't get worse, they do.

But I am still optimistic that we can somehow put things right again. It's not going to be easy or quick and things could get much worse first but I think the majority of people here are decent and welcoming of people from other countries. And these social issues are not exclusively British at the moment anyway, are they?

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I agree Bryan - let's try and be hopeful in very dark and uncertain times.

Here in Northern Ireland 56% voted to stay in the EU but it looks as if we [like Scotland and London] will be taken out despite the majority voting against that! Here it has opened up the age old debate about a United Ireland and the tensions that causes - it is just a very bad time! Thank the heavens this site is here to escape from it all - although I must admit I have been glued to political programmes and commentators in what must be one of the worst times in the history of the UK - I curse Cameron for gambling [and losing] on such a fundamental issue as Europe.

webmaster

Thanks for that, Jas - yes, we have to keep our heads at this difficult time.

(I'm just watching the European Parliament debate on it - very dynamic and interesting and also gives me hope that we can work something out - with goodwill on both sides, which there seems to be,)

But I've also had some Doris time , which always relaxes me!

Whip Crack Away! :)

(Puck is on holiday for two weeks.)

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Let's hope so Bryan - that [beautiful] banner makes my heart a thump[in]- like a medal in a plunking a tune...

With commons sense and [as you say] reasonableness on both sides- things may work out - I am pro-Europe- however, Europe really has to look inwardly now too - there are so many things that need fixed - and it is not just UK citizens who feel that...maybe after all this turmoil- we all will have a better functioning European Union for all Europeans.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

lovely banner

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thank you for such an elegant Doris banner. It captures all her grace and beauty. One of the best!
Johnny

webmaster

Thanks guys, she does look a bit movie-star glamorous there, doesn't she? :)

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Bryan and Jas,

My thoughts are with you during these very uncertain times. I know this forum is a great source of escspe for you. If talking about Doris doesnt help ease some of your stress and anxiety then there is absolutely no cure. I truly love this beautiful banner. She looks so classy like she just stepped out of Vogue Magazine. Thank you for all that you do to keep this Doris loving forum going.

Tybear

webmaster

Thanks Tybear, appreciate your comments, as always.

A group of us have been joint-emailing since it happened - all in shock - and I've been busy on Twitter https://twitter.com/bryanjamesUK thinking about almost nothing else but politics! :shock:
(If you're on Twitter, team up.)

Now we're all calming down, trying to adjust and realising that this is going to be a long game. The new negotiations will have to be agreed by Parliament so anything could happen - and more than 4 million people (so far, in a few days) have signed a petition asking for another referendum. Many feel they were misled by the Leave campaign who promised things they haven't been able to deliver and got the consequences of the leave vote spectacularly wrong: the falling pound and plunging stock markets all around the world.

I do understand the argument about immigration, it's easy for me as London is huge and totally multicultural and you don't think twice about it, but some areas, often poor, have had tens of thousands of EU workers move to the area and they think the government hasn't given them any help with pressure on schools, hospitals and employment (true) so they have a valid point and the majority are not racist. So the challenge is to find a solution that unites the country without pulling up the drawbridge.

But you're going to have a big challenge yourself soon about who your next President is going to be, aren't you? But I shouldn't go there! :twisted:

I'm also trying to think, 'Whatever will be, will be' about it!

Apologies to those of you who aren't interested in politics - this is about to go on the back burner and Doris will be taking centre stage again.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

President Obama gave an historic speech in Canada's parliament yesterday that covered the dangerous effects of global warming and what is being done and needs to be done to help our planet. He was given thunderous applause and a standing ovation. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau embraced at the conclusion of the speech
it is clear to see it is a relationship of mural respect and admiration. Both leaders have grace, class, intelligence, wit and style. Justin Trudeau has presently a 64% approval rating eight months after being elected last October.

Canadians really respect and like President Obama. History will be kind to him.
Johnny

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Doris Day for President!!! :shock: Well Polly Bergmen :( was in a movie.

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

I totally agree with Ray. Doris for president. Class, brains and talent. Definitely qualified.

Tybear

webmaster

I think she might turn that job down. :)

Isn't this a great photo of Doris? I think the original caption said 1955.

Compare it with the hairstyle below on the set of 'Love Me or leave Me'. (Jas?)