Celebrating Doris DVD

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Celebrating Doris DVD

Unread post by webmaster »

Celebrating Doris, "What a great tribute to Doris Day"

Celebrating Doris DVD: A special video, produced and directed by 'Doris & Me' creator Scott Dreier, celebrating Doris’ birthday earlier this year and her long career in general. With fond memories of working with her from 15 of her former co-stars, looking back to the happy times on the films they made together. Billy Gray, for example, talks about Doris always being assured, as the whole cast were, and the family atmosphere on the sets of "On Moonlight Bay" / "By the Light of the Silvery Moon". He reveals he created that loud foghorn-cough spontaneously as they were filming and they liked it so much they kept it in and made it a part of his character, Wesley Winfield. Kay Ballard and Jackie Joseph reminisce about "The Doris Day Show" and in between actors such as Robert Morse, Jamie Farr, Miriam Nelson, Bernie Kopel, along with former child actors from some of Doris' later films, "Move Over Darling", "The Thrill of it All", The Ballad of Josie" and "Where Were You When the Lights Went Out", all share their experience and the fun of working with Doris.

The video is introduction by Doris and also contains a wealth of film clips.

All proceeds go to help fund the work of the Doris Day Animal Foundation, set up by Doris to care for animals in need, to campaign for better conditions and to offer support to other groups and the public.

The DVD would make a great Christmas present! And you'd be directly contributing to animal welfare.
Get ‘Celebrating Doris’ DVD from the Doris Day Animal Foundation:
http://tinyurl.com/celebrating-doris

Comments:

What a wonderful heartfelt tribute to a wonderful lady – Doris Day is a class act – there's no one like her – just fabulous.” – James

It’s just a beautiful tribute to Doris and it really made my Day. So many nice things were said about her and, in view of some of the artless stuff that comes out of Hollywood, I thought Jamie Farr’s comment that she “brought dignity to the industry” was a very special compliment” – Judy

Thanks to Scott Dreier for producing and directing such a wonderful tribute. In one of her songs from “My Heart” Doris in some of the lyrics from “Disney Girls” sings “guess I’m slowing down.” We can all expect that some day.
Throughout the video production words such as love, golden, joy, empathy, and breath taking are used to describe Doris Day. I personally know that all the tributes given to Doris, are the same as I, and I am sure, all of us have felt for this great lady. Jackie Joseph summed it all up when she said “I truly truly love you, but who doesn’t”. – Texas

What a great tribute to Doris with all those (older but familiar) faces, so nicely and respectfully done. They took the time to film the interviews and add a lot of the clips related to the stories together. I can feel the love from all of them for Doris. It didn’t feel made up, but real. Love and respect for Doris and all of her friends and co-stars.
I’m looking forward for the 2017 episode. Maybe there will be some behind the scenes footage too. Wouldn’t it be great to hear the people who worked with Doris in the recording studio’s or the people who wrote songs for her about her singing?” – Peter

Get ‘Celebrating Doris’ DVD from the Doris Day Animal Foundation:
http://tinyurl.com/celebrating-doris
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

ray
I danced with Doris!

Re: Celebrating Doris DVD

Unread post by ray »

Enjoyed this DVD and Doris's new message on her web site, Happy Holidays and order the celebration DVD, ordered four Christmas ornaments as gifts. Her animal work with Spay Day, the horse adoption ranch in Texas, and the Military K9 dog statue in Arizona is Doris at the work she loves today! Cheers.

webmaster

Thanks Ray - I'm glad someone replied to this topic.

Although I hope people have just gone to the website and bought it.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Bryan - I loved it too, very well done and so much love for Doris from so many.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Sorry it has taken me so long to comment.

I love this video too and thought it was touching on several levels. It's always great to hear how others feel about working with Doris, and as usual, everyone found her to be incredibly professional and kind. The inclusion of some of her lesser known co-stars was a huge plus. The video provided them a welcome return to the spotlight, and it allowed us to see how they were doing after all these years. Leave it to the endearing Jackie Joseph to express what so many of us feel about Doris and why she inspires us. Her deeply felt comments brought tears to my eyes.

I think Scottie, Katie, Lea and everyone else connected with this video deserves our praise.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

webmaster

Thanks, Jas, yes I knew you enjoyed it - you're the first reviewer on the Comments at the top. :) So double thanks to you!

And Michael, that's a great heartfelt review from you - much appreciated!

On Moonlight Bay

Unread post by On Moonlight Bay »

1 really enjoyed it too and it's certainly a great Christmas gift to give to any admirer of Miss Day - or to buy for yourself anytime!

My only criticism is I think they missed a trick by not having Doris on the cover. Her image is known to sell magazines, films, records, etc, and one of the photos from the DVD would have been better. I hope they will consider changing it if they do any reprints - I think it would definitely sell more copies. :)