Doris Day Forum Banners 2017

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
puck
Honorary Member

Re: Doris Day Forum Banners 2017

Unread post by puck »

Thank you all for those lovely, warm words, and yes she looks so wonderful, and so young.

Tybear2015
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Your right Bryan. I love seeing new photographs of Doris. As well as photographs I have seen many times. I love watching Doris movies and listening to Doris's songs over and over again as well. She is an entertainer i never get tired of. She is absolutely amazing at whatever she dodoes. I Love ❤ Doris! She is the best!

Tybear

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Thanks Tybear. Not too many new images this time but I'm sure you'll love them as much :)

Puck sent me another lovely fur coat pic from the same image group but I'll save that for later as I've been wanting to illustrate your choice of Doris Day's best (or favourite) films from the poll, 'Choose your favourite 5 Doris Day films'. It's a relative small poll as it is only open to members but It's a quality one with Love Me or Leave Me taking the #1 spot.
If you haven't already voted, please do, otherwise don't look and you're in for a few surprises! :wink:

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thanks Bryan for the vibrant and beautiful Love Me or Love Me banner. Looking at the banner reminds us of the magic chemistry and power Doris Day and James Cagney have in hr film.

Love Me Or Leave Me proved Doris is a skilled actress that could do dramatic and intense roles. James Cagney said Doris and actress Lurene Tuttle were the two most talented actresses he had worked with un his long career.

Bryan, I will revisit the poles to see if my votes should stay the same. It is so tough to choose. I love polls because they really challenge our preferences.
Johnny

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Wonderful banner, Bryan, and a great idea to illustrate the members' Top 5 films.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Wonderful banner Bryan, and yes this is also my favorite of all. She gave the best of her in this movie.

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi all,

Great banner, from one of her best films (I think), Doris could do it all, dancing/singing and making me believe that she is: Ruth Etting. Love James Cagney to by the way, rough gangster type with a little heart.

P

webmaster

Thank you all for your comments. :) And, Judy, I'm extrapolating the best or favourite films beyond the five as many others were voted for, 30 in fact, so I'll include all of those.

Puck has done some images I can use and will hopefully do more - and it will be fun to go through Doris' films,

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Great film, great banner.

webmaster

Thanks - Best Film No. 2 probably won't come as a big surprise? :)

Doris' only Oscar nomination, the great "Pillow Talk" with pal Rock Hudson.1959.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Pillow Talk is such a joyous, fun-filled film from the opening credits until the screen darkens.

The scene at the piano with Doris and Rock singing Roly-Poly sparkles with their sexual chemistry. When the pianist sings "You Lied", the looks exchanged between Rock and the pianist is priceless.

This banner brings back so many great memories.

Thank you.
Johnny

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Johnny, I love those brief moments between Rock Hudson and pianist Perry Blackwell. too.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

FAB Banner- and film - I can remember the dialogue I've seen it so many times - though not lately....

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi all,

Great film, great chemistry between Doris and Rock, great co-stars: Tony Randall, Perry Blackwell, Nick Adams, a.o. Time to view this film all together... Wouldn't that be great, have a Pillow Talk party... Love to meet you all... Have a bite, a drink an an nice talk...

https://youtu.be/WOY64QxUtUQ
https://youtu.be/is8jcCbUchA
Radio promo's by Doris Day & Rock Hudson

A feel good movie, I enjoy it always... have seen it more times than... I can count.

P

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Fun to hear these promos. Thanks, Peter.

webmaster

Your third choice of Doris Day's best films - the wonderful "Calamity Jane". Whip Crack Away! :D

Doris Day and Howard Keel.

webmaster

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Beautiful Calam banner.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Seeing any Calamity Jane banner is a happy experience. No wonder this film is a top favourite. Thank you.
Johnny

webmaster

Thanks guys!

This has got to be the best western musical ever to come out of Hollywood. From the opening number, The Deadwood Stage, Doris Day takes full command of the proceedings She sings, dances, rides horses, shoots and is vulnerable at the same time. Calamity is complex. She is feared by the men of Deadwood but respected and admired too. Miss Day is riveting in the part and gives the character everything she’s got, which is plenty. It is a robust, but tender, abrasive, but vulnerable performance, which makes its way into the hearts of millions. Howard Keel is just right as Hickock and plays his role with humour and charm. Doris is in superb voice and has most of the great numbers in the picture."
Doris Day had this to say about making Calamity Jane:
In 1953 I made one of my favorite musicals, Calamity Jane. I loved portraying Calamity Jane, who was a rambunctious, pistol-packing prairie girl (I lowered my voice and stuck out my chin a little). I can’t say that the physical high jinks of jumping on horses, bars, wagons, and belligerent men or doing pratfalls in muddy streams seemed to be particularly exhausting…I had a great working relationship with my co-star, Howard Keel, and absolutely first-rate songs to sing (by Sammy Fain and Paul Webster), one of which, Secret Love, became my third million-plus recording and won that year’s Academy Award.” – Doris Day, Her Own Story
http://www.dorisday.net/calamity-jane/

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

I listened to the Calamity Jane soundtrack yesterday and again was captured by the energy, tenderness and beauty of Doris' voice. Just a beautiful and satisfying experience.
Johnny

On Moonlight Bay

Unread post by On Moonlight Bay »

Yes, it's a real classic with a marvelous soudtrack - and very funny! :D

webmaster

Thanks as always.

Best/favourite film No 4:

Anyone surprised by this? I must I am! I'm not sure what I expected No 4 to be - but neither of these. :shock: :)

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

I'm surprised you feel that way, Bryan. "Romance," of course, brought Doris to our neighborhood screens, and that in itself is a good reason for a fourth place in the polls. And the movie is an all-around delight - it moves briskly along with a good score, a funny script, and our girl's sparkling debut. "The Thrill of It All," in my opinion, is one of her very best comedies. I think she and James Garner had as much chemistry as she did with Rock ... the Carl Reiner script is very smart and funny. One of my favorites, for sure!
Like Irene Dunne done.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

I think Romance On The High Seas remains a top favouite because so many people fell in love with Doris in het first picture.It was a stellar debut.
It is a tribute to Doris that she remains dear in our hearts and her first film made an indelible impression.
I love the U.K. title for the film, It's Magic. It is most appropriate in describing her rapid rise in stardom.

The Thrill Of It All is a crisp, funny, intelligent satire on the advertizing world in 1963. There are few films to match it on it's subject matter. Doris should have been nominated for an Academy Award for the film. It deserves to be amongst top favouites.

Thanks Bryan for all these great Doris film banners that promote interesting observations and conversations.
Johnny