Forum Banners 2019-2020

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Forum Banners 2019

Unread post by webmaster »

Bryan, I’ll be happy to send you photos and some brief video footage, if you wish.

Michael
That would be brilliant, Michael. I remember your 2018 Carmel Diary - Doris Day’s 96th Birthday, it was the next best thing to being there and greatly appreciated by those able to comment (of the 10,488 views the topic received). I think you gave me your password for posts with photos (as I suggested so I could post them from you to avoid confusion) so shall we do that again?

Topic intro from Michael:
Beautiful weather in Carmel today: sunny blue skies and temps in the seventies.

Overlook from the 18th hole of the Quail Valley golf course.
2018 Topic link: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4853

Last year's event Doris' 97th Birthday Celebration Judy, are you able to go this year?
2019 Topic link: viewtopic.php?p=65670#p65670

Robert, PMs can only be viewed by those involved. But I've noticed I don't get notified of them any more and only see them when I log-in, so I suggest you just use it to exchange personal emails for contacting one another.

Johnny, that's very interesting about the photographer Richard C Miller - I'll look him up.

Mary Anne has sent me some information about the upcoming Cincinnati Jazz Hall of Fame event coming up on March 22nd - plus a flyer, which I'll post over the weekend.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

webmaster

From Mary Anne on the Cincinnati Jazz Festival. (MA, I'll leave it to you if you want to add any more but thanks for that,)

Anyone else going?

webmaster

Johnny, everyone, this is the whole photo of the banner image by Richard C. Miller. I don't know if he did the whole session, this looks like a single shot of the setup rather than a posed photo. (I need to get wide narrow images to fit the new space.)

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

So happy that the Cincinnati Jazz Hall of Fame will be honoring Doris at this special event. I look forward to attending and to meeting up with Les Brown, Jr. Keith Angstadt from Baltimore Net Radio ( www.mybnr.com ) and I will be interviewing Les Brown, Jr., on March 11th and we are looking forward to his memories about Doris and also telling about his DORIS DAY - With Love CD/LP came about. Will let everyone know as soon as the show will be aired. The Cincinnati event should be a lot of fun and I will share that story after the event. And then looking forward to flying west for all the great events to honor Doris....Que sera, sera!!!!
Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thanks Mary Anne for the update on the Cincinnati Jazz Hall of Fame event honouring Doris.

I look forward to hearing all about your interview with Les Brown Jr. The Doris, With Love album is a joyful experience.

Have a fantastic time!
Johnny

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Am unable to go to L.A. for the auction and related events, but looking forward to reports from Michael and other Forum members who will be there.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

webmaster wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 18:24
That would be brilliant, Michael. I remember your 2018 Carmel Diary - Doris Day’s 96th Birthday, it was the next best thing to being there and greatly appreciated by those able to comment (of the 10,488 views the topic received). I think you gave me your password for posts with photos (as I suggested so I could post them from you to avoid confusion) so shall we do that again?

Bryan, Sounds good. I will send you an email with the info.

Here is the official line-up for the private fan gathering on Wednesday night. I got this directly from Scott Dreier.

Wednesday, April 1st--7:00pm
Private fan event at Julien's auction house.

"Co-Stars expected to attend: our dear Jackie Joseph-- along with 11 of Doris's "kids"--Brain Nash (“The Thrill of it All”) , Kym Karath “The Thrill of it All”—and “Gretl” from “The Sound of Music”) , Teddy Quinn (“The Ballad of Josie”), Philip Brown (“The Doris Day Show”), Christopher Olsen (“The Man Who Knew too Much”), Leslie Ferrell (“Move Over, Darling”), Jimmy Bracken(“With Six You Get Eggroll”), Gina Gillespie (“It Happened to Jane"), Flip Mark ("Please Don't Eat the Daisies"), Rick Steele (“With Six You Get Eggroll), and just confirmed--Stanley Livingston ("Please Don't Eat the Daisies"--and--of course "My Three Sons")."

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Fantastic banner, thanks Bryan!❤️❤️

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

webmaster

Thanks, Ania. :)

Doris & Rock in 'Pillow Talk'

Original photo:

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thanks Bryan for this interesting Pillow Talk banner.
The coloured font against the black and white background is striking. The colours remind me of the bright coloured pillows being tossed in the joyful opening of the film.

There is always something new to discover in these photos. I am trying to figure out if I see a collar stud on Rock Hudson's shirt. (at the back) .

There is an obvious connection on the faces of Doris and Rock. The shadows and light in this photo gives added interest.
Johnny

webmaster

Thanks, Johnny! :)

It's gone a bit quiet around here - how ya' all doin'?

jmichael
Honorary Member

Now that's a banner to shake everyone out of their Corona-virus doldrums. Great colors and an unforgettable smile.

Thank you, Bryan.
Michael
Michael H

webmaster

Thanks, Michael! I'm often drawn to black and white but sometimes (most times?) you need some colour in your life! :)

Did people see this? I posted it about a week ago.

Doris Day's The Pajama Game (1957)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x75l9aj

Watch online or download - ask me if you need help.

RobertOClare

Unread post by RobertOClare »

webmaster wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 13:59

It's gone a bit quiet around here - how ya' all doin'?
Hi Bryan,

I was thinking that too! I'm still here, but having increasing doubts about my planned trip to LA. I'll leave it until the last minute before deciding - things are not looking good, however.

I like the latest banner too. An ideal colour for St Patrick's Day!

Robert
"If you haven't fallen in love with Doris Day, there's something wrong with your heart"

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thank you Bryan for this bright and beautiful Doris banner. It really lifts the spirits.
Johnny

webmaster

Thank you, Johnny, always happy to let Doris lift our spirits! :wink: She knows how to do it - just a big smile! :)

Robert said
"I was thinking that too! I'm still here, but having increasing doubts about my planned trip to LA. I'll leave it until the last minute before deciding - things are not looking good, however.

I like the latest banner too. An ideal colour for St Patrick's Day!
Didn't think of St Patrick's Day, Robert, but you're right - 17th March. I should know as I was born in Dublin and went to school in Cork until we moved to the UK for good when I was 14 - quite a while ago now!

I understand your reservations about going to the US, all travel is a bit risky at the moment. Actually, I'm in the at-risk group as I was diagnosed with a respiratory problem a couple of years ago. It's all manageable normally with some medicine and an inhaler if I need it and it's not too severe but I need to do all I can to avoid getting the dreaded coronavirus. (Forty-seven new cases of have been confirmed in the UK over the past 24 hours, taking the total number to 163 and the numbers are rising daily, mostly in London, where I live.)

On a lighter note, more Doris to cheer us up, or as Michael puts it, "to shake everyone out of their Corona-virus doldrums!"
These are a couple of recent banners that didn't make it on to the forum:

This is the original, (Doris Day, circa 1950, caption said) I flipped it horizontally as it didn't look right the way it was:

Have a good weekend everyone!

jmichael
Honorary Member

Bryan,

The picture quality of the Pajama Game on Daily Motion is very good. The colors are vibrant and sharp. This film is as bright and bouncy as it was 60 years ago. I wish there no ads to sit through but it’s a welcome diversion from the daily headlines.

I’m still planning to attend the DDAF festivities in LA but will make a final decision when we get closer to the date. Fingers crossed.

Michael
Michael H

webmaster

The picture quality of the Pajama Game on Daily Motion is very good. The colors are vibrant and sharp. This film is as bright and bouncy as it was 60 years ago. I wish there no ads to sit through but it’s a welcome diversion from the daily headlines.
Great! There aren't any ads during the film though, Michael. Good to watch in full screen.
BTW, the best way to download is with 4K Video Downloader - use Smart Mode to save as video or mp3 if you're downloading music.
https://www.4kdownload.com/products/pro ... downloader
I think there's a free version but it's not expensive anyway and also great for YouTube.
I’m still planning to attend the DDAF festivities in LA but will make a final decision when we get closer to the date. Fingers crossed.
Stay safe, that's the important thing.

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Bryan,

The photo of Doris in Paris in April 1955 is extraordinaryly beautiful. It is new to me.
I love the majesty and sophistication in the shades of blue that surround Doris.

In this glorious setting Doris casually has her feet up resting on a chair while she is smiling. It will make a magnificent banner.

Thank you.🗼🥀
Johnny

jmichael
Honorary Member

webmaster wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:20
Great! There aren't any ads during the film though, Michael. Good to watch in full screen.
BTW, the best way to download is with 4K Video Downloader - use Smart Mode to save as video or mp3 if you're downloading music.
https://www.4kdownload.com/products/pro ... downloader
I think there's a free version but it's not expensive anyway and also great for YouTube.
Stay safe, that's the important thing.
Ads pop-up throughout the film when I stream it.

Do I have to download it to avoid them?

Michael
Michael H

webmaster

Hi Michael.

I couldn't find any ads on the downloaded version. I've put it on my Google Drive, check it out and let me know.

https://tinyurl.com/the-pajama-game

It says it can't verify it's virus free as it's a large file if you select download. Ignore that it IS virus free. Or just play online.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Got it, thanks again Bryan.

Michael
Michael H

webmaster

Cheers, Michael!

Old favourite from Puck:

It might as well be Spring!

jmichael
Honorary Member

Spring has sprung on the forum thanks to Bryan and the uber talented Puck. Love it.

Michael
Michael H

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Beautiful banner. :)