Album: You'll never walk alone

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
miss maxwell
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Album: You'll never walk alone

Unread post by miss maxwell »

Oh my goodness.
A few hours ago I started doing some homework and I picked Doris' 1962 album "You'll never walk alone" (an album I hadn't actually listened to before apart from "You'll never walk alone") as a mild, non-distracting accompaniment. BOY!!! Not only did I pause studying but I ended up with earphones on my head, eyes closed, carefully listening as she sang/whispered "scarlet ribbons for my hair". And to think up till today I put off listening to this album cause I never happened to be in the mood for something so 'quiet'.

sunnyDAY

Re: Album: You'll never walk alone

Unread post by sunnyDAY »

I got this in a cd combination with Hooray for Hollywood (Vol 1) for my birthday last week and love it!

Hooray for Hollywood cd is really fun to listen to. And I have to say WOW! to Doris' rendition of "Blues in the Night". She's smokin'! 8)

But a great contrast is the cd "You'll Never Walk Alone". Each song is beautiful and so peaceful. Doris sings me to sleep each night! :D And each song, Doris sounds so moved by what she's singing. I love it!
~ Have a sunny DAY!! ~

miss maxwell
Honorary Member

Welcome SunnyDay!
Oh, Hooray for Hollywood Vol 1 + 2 are two albums I plan to listen soon. I've only heard individual songs such as her beautiful rendition of "Over the rainbow" & "The way you look tonight" - can't wait to listen to the rest, I bet they're great.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

I must confess I haven't listen to it, Miss M - you've spured me to do it - I'll report back! Sounds like we could get a few YouTubes out of it - the world needs comfort and who better to provide it?

And I love "Hooray for Hollywood", where you're terrific if you're even good - just like on here!
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

miss maxwell
Honorary Member

Enjoy the album Bryan!

I just realized Doris sings "You'll never know" in one of the HFH albums -- woohoo! Love that song.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Thank you, I'm sure I will!
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering