Complete Christmas Collection

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
sunnyDAY

Complete Christmas Collection

Unread post by sunnyDAY »

Attachments
Doris 124.jpg
Doris 124.jpg (55.98 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
~ Have a sunny DAY!! ~

mikeydv
Music Master

Re: Complete Christmas Collection

Unread post by mikeydv »

I have ordered my copy, but this one is still not complete. It does not include "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and "Jingle Bells", both of which were done on the DD Show :(

sunnyDAY

Unread post by sunnyDAY »

I've had this cd for about a week and I love it. It's the "Doris Day Christmas Album" with her Christmas singles plus songs from her radio show. And there's a Christmas greeting from her tv show that's really clear it almost sounds like she's in the room. Cool!
~ Have a sunny DAY!! ~

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

I just purchased the new Christmas CD and it is WONDERFUL...so nice to hear those 21 lovely Christmas favorites and also some oldies from 1949 - Doris sounds so good in each number and the special message from her is so life-like - you would think she is talking just to you. Now I am hoping to get the Chrismas DVD that is due out here on Tuesday.

I just noticed that the very last song "Let No Walls Divide" was written by Martin Broones and a William Luce. Martin Broones is Charlotte Greenwood's husband and he was a Christian Science practioner for Doris and Marty when Doris was really into CS. Charlotte Greenwood was and old-time character actress - Doris once took me with her to visit her.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving - we all have so much to be thankful for.

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

doris-day-fan wrote:I just purchased the new Christmas CD and it is WONDERFUL...so nice to hear those 21 lovely Christmas favorites and also some oldies from 1949 - Doris sounds so good in each number and the special message from her is so life-like - you would think she is talking just to you. Now I am hoping to get the Chrismas DVD that is due out here on Tuesday.

I just noticed that the very last song "Let No Walls Divide" was written by Martin Broones and a William Luce. Martin Broones is Charlotte Greenwood's husband and he was a Christian Science practioner for Doris and Marty when Doris was really into CS. Charlotte Greenwood was and old-time character actress - Doris once took me with her to visit her.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving - we all have so much to be thankful for.

Mary Anne
I wasnt aware that martin broones was a song writter, how interesting,thanks mary anne for the info.
suzie