A Letter From Mike re: radio shows

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
mikeydv
Music Master

A Letter From Mike re: radio shows

Unread post by mikeydv »

To All My Dear Friends and lately supportive internet radio listeners:

For your information. I am no longer associated with frednet radio or any of its other affiliates . My tenure with the radio show was a purely voluntary position for which I received absolutely nothing and for which I gave extreme amounts of my time, my knowledge and my music. There were times when it was appreciated, and always by all of you. There were also times when it was taken for granted.

I am greatful for your support and happy that I was able -for almost a year- to share with you my love of my rather large collection of music and especially my love for everything Doris Day. Suffice it to say that extenuating circumstances forced this breakaway. Some people just do not respect the amount of time and effort supplied to create and produce programs and basically have little regard for them once they are being aired or the times in which they are supposed to be broadcast.

In the future, I hope to be able to come back once again with another show under different circumstances which will feature even more of the music of Doris Day and her special contemporaries. Wish me luck in that possible venture. I also am hopeful that I will be joined in this venture by my favorite radio co-host, Susan Schoeffield, and musicologist, Rob Bannister.

Meanwhile, let me recommend several alternatives to those who would rather not remain with frednet/baltimorenet. Shoutcast.com offers a wide variety of internet stations, many of which are similar to frednet (without the "elevator" music played in the evenings). Also, pandora.com offers two Doris Day Radio Stations. So, listen and enjoy. If you need any help in figuring out one or the other, just let me know. Suffice it to say that I will not be offering any future Doris Day Specials on that station.

Keep tuned to the dorisday.net/forum...I will let you know if and when another show is in the works.

Thanks again to all the wonderful Doris Day fans (and listeners) all over the world who gave me such great support in this past year. I loved doing it FOR YOU ,and I loved hearing from you.

And I hope you will continue to keep in touch.

And remember....Have A Doris Day! :D

Fondly,

Mike DeVita

texas gonzalo
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: A Letter From Mike re: radio shows

Unread post by texas gonzalo »

It is us who should "thank you" for all your efforts regarding "The Music of Doris Day." I know you derived great pleasure from your endeavors, as all of us do in sharing our joy and enthusiasm in anything, as you say, "Doris Day." Here's wishing you good luck on future undertakings.
Happy Days,
Texas Gonzalo

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear your story. I loved your shows on air. Hope to hear you back soon!!! Thank you for all the great shows you've done. I appreciated them all.

Good luck with your future show.

Peter

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Mike

So very sorry to hear this news but I appreciate you must certainly have your reasons for cutting ties with Frednet.

A thousand thank yous for all the work you have done and all the pleasure you gave me and so many. Not just with the Doris songs (not forgetting the BEST EVER EVER EVER birthday show this year) but all your other efforts on frednet - such as 'just for old times sake; and the Sarah Vaughan specials.

Again Mike, so many thanks and every good luck in all that you do in future, whatever, it will be sterling.

Stay in touch and have a wonderful Christmas season and even better 2011 with lot's more Doris Days!

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Sorry to see you go, Mike - although to be perfectly honest I wasn't usually able to listen at exact times but I often tuned in if I was on my computer in the other room and enjoyed the mix of 50s/60s pop music with usually a number of Doris tracks in any one hour - of course I'm too young to have listened to them at the time :)

Whatever has happened personally, I must say that I think the station is still very Doris Day friendly and I know that the owner, Keith is a genuine DD fan, vocal wise at least, from an email he sent me, so we shouldn't take sides. As a peace monger I don't believe in personal conflict if it can possibly be avoided.

I hope you can return for guest shows - like Debbie Reynolds at Las Vagas :lol: You've put Frednet on the map for many of us so I think they owe you one. They should hire you and pay you the going rate for her birthday next year - not forgetting Diane and Mary Anne, who should get a bonus for getting Billy Gray on there - and who was it who got Janice Paige on there - or was that a dream? You all did a fantastic show.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Actually Bryan...Mary Anne got a LOT of the callers. To my knowledge, Dianne got none. Point of fact, I am the one who did the initial contact with Billy Gray.
And you are right....fred net WILL remain Doris Day friendly now that the station director has more than 2 cds to play.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Have you thought of doing your own Doris Day Podcasts, Mike?

"Definition: A podcast is a pre-recorded audio program that's posted to a website and is made available for download so people can listen to it."

How to do it:
http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/ ... odcast.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

http://podcast.com/
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

Dear Mike,
I'm so very disappointed, you can't go on with DD show. It was so interesting and educational with so many information and music, many people didn't hear till your broadcast. Is it possible, FNR didn't appreciate all your efforts and beautiful music you gave them for free. Do you remember, long ago I asked you, if you brought them your private collection?
DD's birthday party was so exciting with all phone call-ins from everywhere and also famous people. Thank you to all, who participated with great ideas and awesome work. Hope somehow for another one next year.
You deserve all our gratitude and DD's attention. I deeply regret, if you didn't receive it.
THANK YOU for all you did for us.

Nada

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

webmaster wrote:Have you thought of doing your own Doris Day Podcasts, Mike?

"Definition: A podcast is a pre-recorded audio program that's posted to a website and is made available for download so people can listen to it."

How to do it:
http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/ ... odcast.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

http://podcast.com/
Good suggestion, Bryan. I will look into it while I am investigating other alternatives. I would like to be available in some form to do a Big Doris Day Birthday this year...just not sure how and when yet. I'll keep you informed (you know I will....)

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

unadka wrote:Dear Mike,
I'm so very disappointed, you can't go on with DD show. It was so interesting and educational with so many information and music, many people didn't hear till your broadcast. Is it possible, FNR didn't appreciate all your efforts and beautiful music you gave them for free. Do you remember, long ago I asked you, if you brought them your private collection?
DD's birthday party was so exciting with all phone call-ins from everywhere and also famous people. Thank you to all, who participated with great ideas and awesome work. Hope somehow for another one next year.
You deserve all our gratitude and DD's attention. I deeply regret, if you didn't receive it.
THANK YOU for all you did for us.

Nada
You have been such a wonderfully supportive fan, Nada....and I always enjoyed the emails after each show.
In response to your question...yes, I gave fred net much of my private collection (especially the doris song files) and many, many more. I harbor them no ill feelings just the disappointment that they were not cognizant enough of the time and effort involved in putting the shows together and treated them accordingly (cutting them off, extending the times, etc)
and THANK YOU for listening. I will be back...somehow, someday, someway.

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

Mikey, Love you and the show so much.Thanks for all of the hard work and most of all thank you for being the very sweet and wonderful person that you are. "You are our inspiration Mikey "... :wink:
suzie

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

you guys are so nice. thanks.

xpersian

Unread post by xpersian »

Hello Mike,
I really couldn´t believe that you had to end cooperation with Frednetradio. I am so sorry
and disappointed that you can´t continue with your great shows. I enjoyed all of them, I really do.
I will miss them all. You done a wonderful job Mike! I hope you will find some other internet radio station where you get more broadcast time for your great shows about Doris Day´s music and other yours specials. Maybe other radio stations appreciate your ability more than Frednetradio.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Finaly I would like to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything
that you did for us. Please come back soon behind microphone! I wish you all the best.

Have a nice "Day" :D
Hana

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

xpersian wrote:Hello Mike,
I really couldn´t believe that you had to end cooperation with Frednetradio. I am so sorry
and disappointed that you can´t continue with your great shows. I enjoyed all of them, I really do.
I will miss them all. You done a wonderful job Mike! I hope you will find some other internet radio station where you get more broadcast time for your great shows about Doris Day´s music and other yours specials. Maybe other radio stations appreciate your ability more than Frednetradio.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Finaly I would like to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything
that you did for us. Please come back soon behind microphone! I wish you all the best.

Have a nice "Day" :D
Hana
ME TOO...I WILL MISS THE PROGRAM VERY MUCH

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

working on it...keep tuned! (and many, many thanks...)

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I'm so sorry to hear that Mike! I hope something comes your way soon. I enjoyed your show very much!
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

We hope to have good news by early in February. Keep posted.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

I really think frednetradio lost the very best when they let Mike go, no one knows Doris Day Music like Mike,
So Mike if you read this here is wishing you the very best in 2011 with your own radio program, I for one will be one of your most loyal listeners, you deserve only the best :wink: my very best to you, Daisy May2u :wink:

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

I really hope all of you will check out Mike DeVita new site, wwwsampod4u.com Mike and all his crew has done a really great job on this new site, a lot of Doris Day music, also on the forum a lot of her pictures, also he has other artist featured, Eddie Fisher, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, a whole host of all your favorite. :D
Check it out :wink: