WONDERFUL DDAY STORY!

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
howard
Special Contributer

WONDERFUL DDAY STORY!

Unread post by howard » 01 Oct 2015, 17:28

My friend Mel in New York just sent me this wonderful e-mail, and I wanted to share it with you:

I don’t want to talk about the courses but want to tell you what happened today. We are taking a course called The Composers of the Great American Songbook. Our instructor, Tom, is about 45, very knowledgeable, in the music business, is a musician. At the end of the class Tom played a song that he said we had to hear...”Remind Me” by Doris Day. I had never heard it and I truly loved it. Just as it ended Tom burst into sobs, not tears, bc he was so moved by the song and Doris Day’s rendition...which he considered to be the consummate version. He said he thought he could control himself, but obviously he couldn’t. I started to cry too. It was an extremely moving moment. I thought you, as a consummate Doris Day fan, would love to hear this story.

Isn't that great?
Like Irene Dunne done.

Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: WONDERFUL DDAY STORY!

Unread post by Musiclover » 02 Oct 2015, 12:28

Sweet story, Howard. Bob Hope once said that Doris "can break your heart when she sings a ballad," and this recording obviously had that effect on your friend's instructor. Ella Fitzgerald had a nice rendition of the same song, but it was done with a moderately slow Latin beat. DD's is way more sensual.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 05 Oct 2015, 08:00

Lovely story Howard. Thanks for sharing.

tonysimone
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by tonysimone » 06 Oct 2015, 10:37

That is a helluva story and a lovely one, too. I'm tellin' ya' she's the only one that can do that to me and sometimes it takes me completely by surprise.

Wonderful, thanks again :)

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard » 06 Oct 2015, 18:33

You're not alone, Tonysimone!
Like Irene Dunne done.