Cuttin' Capers Album

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
Johnny
Honorary Member

Cuttin' Capers Album

Unread post by Johnny » 09 Nov 2015, 16:10

I have been listening to Doris Day's Cuttin' Capers album this past weekend and rediscovered the initial happiness I felt when I first heard it. I played it for company on Sunday evening and it lifted the mood of the conversation as we discussed the great artistry Doris shows with the up-tempo songs on the album.

From the first tract, the song Cuttin' Capers is exhuberant and energetic with the refrain of the words, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love. The nest song Steppin' Out With My Baby has a gentle swing rhythm that makes one want to dance or move about. It is joyous. The third song Makin' Whoopee is a classic that is full of good feeling. The fourth song The Lady In Love With You, has the beautiful line - Have you ever seen the dawn of love? It is a glorious song for lovers. The fifth song, Why don't We Do This More Often is sexy and sensuous and has an easy pace. Let's Take A Walk Around The Block is bouncy and carefree.

The ultimate feeling of optimism is in the seventh song, I'm Sitting On top Of The World. It would raise anyone's spirits. Get Out And Get Under The Moon keeps one from feeling blue. It is questioning, soft moving. The remaining songs, Fit As A Fiddle, Me Too, I Feel Like A Feather In The Breeze and Let's Fly Away are all energetic and enjoyable. Cuttin' Capers is one of Doris' best albums. Just Great!
Johnny

Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Cuttin' Capers Album

Unread post by Musiclover » 10 Nov 2015, 12:36

I like this album, too, Johnny and agree with your assessment of its tracks. Joe Lubin, who wrote several songs for Doris, including Teacher's Pet and Soft as the Starlight, also wrote the title track of the album. And Cole Porter's Ridin' High is one of my favorites.