Doris Day-Personal Christmas Collection

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
Johnny
Honorary Member

Doris Day-Personal Christmas Collection

Unread post by Johnny » 21 Dec 2017, 22:09

During this month of December I have been playing Doris Day Christmas cd's that have brightened the month and the spirit as the days grow shorter and darker.

The Doris Day Personal Christmas Collection is full of beautiful moments of intimacy, nostalgia and absolute joy. Thus collection brings back so many childhood memories of family, decorations and visits from friends and neighbors. Doris' songs were playing almost every day.

The track listing:
The Christmas Song
(Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
Silver Bells
Here Comes Santa Clause
Ol' Saint Nicholas
Christmas Story
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
I'll Be Home For Christmas ( a favorite)
Be A Child At Christmastime (a favorite)
Toyland
Christmas Present
The Christmas Waltz
Winter Wonderland
Snowfall
White Christmas
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

I hope all the Doris Day Forum members have an opportunity to hear this collection. I wish everyone a joyous, peaceful and Merry Christmas.

A special thank you to you Bryan for all your hard work in keeping The Doris Day Forum so engaging and meaningful for we members.

Let us all wish Doris a Christmas and New Year filled with love, good health, and joy in every day.
Johnny

Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: Doris Day-Personal Christmas Collection

Unread post by Jas1 » 22 Dec 2017, 06:46

Here here Johnny, Christmas wishes to our angel in Carmel - and to all on the forum and beyond - be kind 2018...

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper » 22 Dec 2017, 18:50

Hi Johnny,

I have this cd playing now and it's a job well done by our Doris. She captures the Christmas feeling from the first till the last song. Almost all her Christmas song are on it. Just a few rare live recordings aren't on it, and I think she was great on it. Personal favourites for years are: Silver Bells 1964 version, Let No Walls Divide and Silent Night from her Doris Day Radio Show. There's one song at this moment I can think of Doris made a little mistake at a live recording on the 1949 Bob Hope Show:, where Rhonda Flemming is guest "Here Comes Santa Claus". I never heard any faults on Doris songs before. This is no critism, just a little fact.

Thanks for remembering this album Johnny, it's always a pleasure to read something from you here.

Have a great Christmas this year,

P

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny » 22 Dec 2017, 19:07

Guess what Peter? I am listening to Doris Day -Personal Christmas Collection right now as well as I prepare supper. It is a serene and joyous experience. I love every song. They are timeless.

At supper tomorrow, I will play The Doris Day Christmas Album. Let No Walls Divide should be played every day to promote peace in our world.

Thank you for all your wonderful postings of Doris photos. They are a delight.

Merry Christmas Peter!
Johnny