Hilarious You Tube Video: Can you relate?

More video creations and film/audio clips posted on YouTube, etc.
jmichael
Honorary Member

Hilarious You Tube Video: Can you relate?

Unread post by jmichael »

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

That is too funny... and a little creepy! But they seemed really good natured! And Doris sounded FABULOUS! Just like at the book signing in LA last November. Thanks for posting that, jmichael!
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

dave
Honorary Member

Unread post by dave »

Sickening fan-atical invasion, complete with combat photographer.

Natalier

the video

Unread post by Natalier »

That video was so good and doris's voice was so warm and lovely
Its a great feeling

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

The video was funny, and so cute! Bless those gals ... they took the trouble to go to Carmel, stop and look everywhere for Dodo, and finally ended up at her gate. They deserved to at least speak to her ... I was happy for them! Got a good laught out of it all!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I loved it, thanks for posting.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

What a HOOT !!! Wouldn't you love to do that ??!! :lol:

Doris did sound wonderful ! :lol:
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

This Was Great

Unread post by Ralph »

I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm so happy they got the chance to at least talk to Doris Day. She sounds incredible, but she's right, she can't be running out to the gate for everybody that wants to meet her face to face.

A friend of mine visited Beverly Hills when Day lived there and took a bus tour. The driver said that Doris could often be seen on her bike talking to fans and signing autographs. He said, "she's one of the nice ones and she's bigger than all of 'em. Not like Barbra Streisand, who throws garbage at fans."

Paul Newman, I hear, doesn't sign autographs and does not recognize people who come up to his table in restaurants. I saw him once coming out of Sardi's on 45th Street -- he and Joanne Woodward. Paul was tipsy and smiled and waved to the group of us who were out there, but Joanne was haughty and ignored shouts of "Joanne, we love you!" from a couple of people.

Most of the famous people I've met on the street spoke to me first; I'd never bother them.

ddfan55

Hilarious You Tube Video

Unread post by ddfan55 »

Living in Australia, Carmel seems so far away so it was
great to see not only where Doris lives but to hear her voice
on the intercom. Just loved it!!!

Lyn

Pam
Honorary Member

Unread post by Pam »

Those Girls are full of life and good humor....loved the pink, my favorite color! Doris was so lovely, as always~ I'm sure Doris loved the "Pink" daisies ~Thanks so much jmichael, for sharing that hilarious youtube.

Pam~

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Like most of you, I felt this was done out of love and adoration for Doris. I just got a kick out of the fun and feisty way these girls followed their hearts to Doris' front door. Even I must admit that on prior trips to Carmel I have gone to the Carmel Valley Safeway early in the morning to hopefully run into our idol. Alas, that never happened but what a thrill it would have been to see her in person. And even if I had run into her I would have been respectful and not done anything to upset her.

Celebrity worship has gone completely out of control these days especially with the paparazzi who chase them around and publish invasive photographs. But for the most part I believe that Doris' true fans understand her need for privacy and they respect the boundaries she has put in place to maintain her dignity.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

I'm with you on that - if I happened to see Doris I'd have to respect her privacy -- which she holds so dear. I thought this was so kooky - yet done with love for Doris.
Isn't it sad that she lives behind that huge gate with those massive doors ? Its a testament to what our world has become. She used to be able to safely ride her bike through the streets of Beverly Hills - and now she lives behind those huge doors. Very sad that stars are hounded by paparazzi in the manner they are.
I'm a fan - but I could never take it to that level ! She deserves her privacy.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

I feel they were good natured about it, but I would never have rung the bell. I think that's where a line gets crossed into disturbing the celebrity's peace. But Doris was so gracious to them, that I was excited for them to get to talk to Doris.

It's funny, until her death Lucille Ball lived in a house in Beverly Hills with no wall or gate around the front yard. Can you image? The most famous TV star of all time probably. Anyone who took a bus tour of BH could have walked right up and rang her bell. Ditto with her neighbors Jack Benny and James Stewart. Times have sure changed.
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

I don't think I could have rung her bell either. Earlier when I said it was a hoot and wouldn't you love to do that - I really meant go to Carmel and look around. I wouldn't want to invade her privacy. Doris was very understanding and had a nice conversation with them. She seemed rather amazed that someone had actually rung her bell. She was very sweet about it though.

It is amazing that many of the stars had homes without fences - lawns running right to the street. Times definitely are different. It would be hard to have a private life these days. Just look at all those entertainment programs on tv. Following stars around - harassing them constantly. I can't stand to watch those programs. And I guess we're tame compared to the paparzzi in other countries. Different times.

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

CAR CHASES

Unread post by Ralph »

I know that these photographers make money with these pictures, but how many do they need? What's with chasing these people down from one location to the next?

There was something frightening that happened recenly in England, when Princess Diana's youngest son and his girlfriend were being pursued by these fiends, just the way they chased Diana to her death. Why they weren't held responsible for her demise is beyond me. I recall at a news conference, Diana's brother said, "they chased my sister to her death."

In my humble opinion, THEY KILLED HER.

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

If Doris were in the media spotlight today, I don't think she would stay in the business. She's always been so private, and this kind of intrusion on her life would be too much to bear. And I wouldn't blame her.

AnthonyS

My Own Celebrity Stalking Confession

Unread post by AnthonyS »

This was funny to watch ... and I have to relate my own one time experience like this, although the circumstances weren't quite the same. It's another Sinatra story ...

It's 1983 and I'm still in college in New York. A pal of mine (whose swing band I sang with) and I found out Sinatra would be at Carnegie Hall. No way to get tickets by then, but we knew he had a spread at the Waldorf, so we decided to "find him" and say hello.

We proceeded to hit every place we knew Sinatra went to ... we started at Sir Harry's in the Waldorf, then Patsy's, etc., and by the time we stumbled into Jilly's about 3 in the morning we were pretty well potted.

Lo and behold, Sinatra was in there, holding court in the back room. A red velvet theatre rope was strung across the doorway. We sat at the bar and asked the bartender if we could say hello to Sinatra (we could hear him). The bartender looks at us and says, "Okeh, fine. Go'head and say hullo.... from here!" The look on his face was such that we didn't move; only said in unison "hello Mr. Sinatra!" and then proceeded to drink some more till about 5 am.

That's as close as I got until 10 years later.

I'd love to say hello to Miss Day, but my dogs would never let me dye them pink!

Cheers,
Anthony
Never forget who had, and has, class. Tell your children about them every chance you get.

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Can you relate?

Unread post by webmaster »

Can you relate? - YES OF COURSE!!

It's strange watching the antics of someone who's as mad about Doris as you are but doesn't have that 'I mustn't bother her - must respect her privacy, etc..' attitude. It's refreshing in many ways - and very American compared to us reserved Brits! But Doris made the serious point that she couldn't allow everyone who rang the bell to come in - and I was surprised to hear that it happens a lot.

And yes Doris did sound exactly like herself with people around her who were looking out for her interests but relaxed enough in their jobs to say, for example, "Hey, Doris, there's a hyperactive fan who is desperate to speak to you." And Doris is gracious enough to take time to thank her and explain why everyone who rings her doorbell can't come in! - also probably knowing it would soon be a news item that would lead to more requests for interviews! But it was good to know Doris was in charge.

The other interesting thing was Doris saying they were about to have a session to sort out the fan mail, which says that she still takes her film and recording legacy seriously and appreciates the fact that the work she has done is appreciated by many people around the world. Let's face it, there are no stars today who have her range and talent. Many have perhaps one of her talents, singers who can act a bit, actors who can sing a bit, etc. But even if they had all those bits, they still wouldn't have that adorable face and personality! Could you imagine when Madonna went to Africa with all the film cameras rolling, as Doris did, saying "I'm not going do any more filming unless the animals are fed and watered". No, nor me.

Biased I know but I think Doris Day was much more than a great singer and movie star, she was and is a real person who lives in the real world. She is, even today, practical, polite, gracious, friendly, humble and tries to give back as much as she feels she has received. Listening to her on the video made me feel confident about about the statement I made in the into to this website: "Doris Day is alive and well and living in Carmel, California!".

Jas1
Honorary Member

The real, not reel, Miss Day!

Unread post by Jas1 »

Here here Bryan, well put! Of course I do not know Doris Day the person, but I have the best ever feeling about the true person behind the amazing talent and success, and that is the icing on the cake for me, very much so, a true humanitarian, down to earth, gracious, pleasant people [and animal of course] person!

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Thanks Bryan - a lovely way to describe Doris !!

dave
Honorary Member

Unread post by dave »

I may still be the only one, but, no, can't relate--even if I have driven around, walked the beach, been to the Savemart (which was once a Safeway I think), been to the Safeway in Carmel Valley, too (a different location).

These are professional (or maybe semi-professional is more like it) actors/singers/entertainers, working from kind of a loose script to put together two YouTubes (yes, there's "pt.01" in case anyone hasn't noticed) wherein they act as "girls" but are really paparazzi.

Besides "pt.01" there is a CD, a NY commercial, a Lifetime show, and a MySpace with DD's "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" playing in its entirety. Be sure to see her first "celebrity" interview in "pt.01"...

Given the large number of opportunities that DD has turned down, why would she choose to have her voice recorded on her OWN intercom on her OWN property?! For a coupla YouTubes?

The likelihood is slim enough that I'll still call it an InVasion (until I hear that DD said "Yes" to this) no matter how cute, high spirited, feisty and CONVINCING they are as actors.

p.s. Margaret, who used to work at the desk at the Inn, could've been speaking to anyone.. the "girls" could've sent the bottle of champagne to themselves, etc...

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

thank you for sharing, It's great to hear Miss Day's voice, it's the same warm, lovely voice. I find it admirable that she came to the intercom and had a conversation with the girls.
And I'm agree with Dayniac, even I don't like to watch entertainment programs on TV ( it only GOSSIP) and I don't even buy such gossip magazines, I find them very ugly and disguisting, there is no repect, nothing, only gossip, and the truth is very hard to find.
In my village there are living some famous persons, well we treat them as normal, so it should be anywere. Some famous people are now prisonners, because they are famous, In these days there is no repect for their priviate lives anymore, everyone wants to know what there are doing etc...That is one of the reason I don't buy gossip magazine anymore.

Puck

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

I'll still call it an InVasion (until I hear that DD said "Yes" to this) no matter how cute, high spirited, feisty and CONVINCING they are as actors.
Good point, Dave, I forgot that as I was watching it but someone from another DD site said that they were asked to remove the link 'for security reasons' in that it 'showed' DD's house front door. The person did but pointed out it won't make much difference as it's on YouTube.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering