My anti- recluse propaganda video,lol

More video creations and film/audio clips posted on YouTube, etc.
Sheila

Re: My anti- recluse propaganda video,lol

Unread post by Sheila »

Debbi, great video...really put the record straight! well done :D

dorisdayicon
Honorary Member

Unread post by dorisdayicon »

Wow Debbi! I'm very impressed. Your video was both enjoyable and informative. You'd make a great PR person for Doris. If that doesn't pan out , you can help me edit my film.
Velda

Laurie

Unread post by Laurie »

Wow, you did such a good job! It is so true the whole world is in love with Doris Day.

Lori
"Wrinkles are hereditary. Parents get them from their children.”- Doris Day

gerard
Doesn't fit in to any known category award

Unread post by gerard »

Annie locked the topic before I could comment. The discussion was about the "books" creating public interest that caused the tabloids to write articles. I just wanted to add to that discussion, that this thing about Doris being a bag lady preceded those books. Public interest has been increased by them, but so does this website and activities of people on Doris's behalf including her pet work and people who clamor for her to receive an Oscar. So does every time that the tellie has a day of Doris Day films.

I also want to add that the video put together was really marvelous and shows Doris in a truer light. Good work!
But remember it might create some public awareness that Doris is still alive and kicking, looking good, and portrays her as an interesting person.
"As long as its show business, I'm happy." One of these days, I am going to quit smoking these things.

*Annie*

Unread post by *Annie* »

Gerard...with respect, I locked the topic because I felt there was no point in making further comments. However since you chose to responded here, I will reiterate.

It is not the books I was pertaining to, it is the quotes and remarks made by the authors during their promotional book tours. The tabloids and yellow press have picked up their inappropriate quotes, elaborated on them and consequently ridiculed Doris. This may make people aware of Doris but for all the wrong reasons. It is her talent and achievements they should be reminded of which would encourage them to appreciate her movies and listen to her beautiful music.

The quotes made showed no respect for Doris and I wondered if, with hindsight, they would have chosen to handle things differently and whether they now felt some sort of remorse for the sadness they have caused. Sadly, apparently not.

sunnyDAY

Unread post by sunnyDAY »

I was finally able to see the video. Wow! Beautiful job! I loved seeing all the different stars saying how much they love Doris.
~ Have a sunny DAY!! ~

Ken
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ken »

GREAT job by both of you.--I enjoyed them very much.
Ken

Its2Good2BeTrue

Unread post by Its2Good2BeTrue »

Very nice video, Debbi. Thanks. :)