MY NEW VIDEO - DORIS' 90TH BD PARTY

More video creations and film/audio clips posted on YouTube, etc.
Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

MY NEW VIDEO - DORIS' 90TH BD PARTY

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajjlRmxi94c

Above is the link to the video I made with numerous photos that I received of Doris' birthday party at the Quail Lodge on April 4th. There is another one I made, but it has a big, fat mistake in it so this is the remake.

It's 4 minutes long with plenty of photos of Doris with numerous fans who were there and she looked so very happy.

Enjoy!!
Lauren

jmichael
Honorary Member

Re: MY NEW VIDEO - DORIS' 90TH BD PARTY

Unread post by jmichael »

Nice work, Lauren, and I love the reggae happy birthday song you chose to underscore it.

I defy anyone to watch this and not smile.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Nice to return from Easter holiday and see your video, Lauren. Thanks so much for sharing it. From earlier photos, I had wondered who some people were; now I know! Wonder whether Doris's decision to attend was sort of spur-of-the-moment (Terry once said his mother is unpredictable) or if she had planned it and just not said anything to the venue managers. Whichever it was, it looks like she was having a good time. From my mother, who lived to be almost 96, I know that it can be difficult to shake hands with a lot of people when your hands and fingers are old and more sensitive -- but Doris did it anyway, and apparently with nearly 175 people! It was so special of her to do that. Just reinforces how classy she is.

Judy

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

Thank you Lauren,

I'm happy to see dear Doris so well.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unadaka~
Yes, that's what I thought. Amazing, isn't she at 90 (or, for some people, thereabouts).

Lauren

Kitty

Unread post by Kitty »

Thank you so much Lauren for this fabulous video. It's great to learn just who was who at D's special birthday party and that she is looking so well and happy. I really appreciate all of the pictures and articles that you present to the forum - I always look forward to reading your posts. You seem to be such a wealth of knowledge of our favorite girl and I love learning about her. Keep up the good work Lauren.
Kitty :D

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Hi Kitty~
Thank you for your kind words. Do you know Joan Barr? I met her back in the 60s when she was visiting L.A. and I was out there visiting also in hopes that I could see/meet you know who! Ha!!

You can write me at [email protected].

Lauren

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Bry~
I joined this group in 2004. I've been here ever since except for a couple of years absence.

You were the reason that I learned to make movies. You are so talented at that medium, but I see that you are into "painting" now. It's all good because your work here is dedicated to Doris in addition to you keeping this group going.

I was hoping that the folks here in this group could have discussions about the *content* of my video and what took place at D's party. However, with so many other forums of communication these days, that probably happened on a personal level rather than waiting for folks on this forum.

Now - as far as Jerra is concerned - I'm almost 70 years old. My DNA does not allow for anything past Rock and Roll of the 50s, which I listen to often on my Shuffle (yes, Shuffle). Jerra does have quite a pounding beat and the singer isn't bad. I appreciate their mention of Doris.

It's all good, Bryan, and thank you for the work that you every day for DD fans!
Lauren