Let Us Remember

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
Johnny
Honorary Member

Re: Let Us Remember

Unread post by Johnny » 30 Mar 2019, 18:24

Let Us Remember:

On March 30-1986, veteran leading man James Cagney died at age 86.

Cagney starred with Doris Day in The West Point Story,
Starlift and Love Me or Leave Me.

He won the Academy award in 1942 for best actor for his role in Yankee Doodle Dandy.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny » 08 Apr 2019, 12:36

Let Us Remember:

On April 8-2000, actress Claire Trevor died at age 90. She won the best supporting Academy award for her role in Key Largo.

She also starred in:

Stage Coach
The High and The Mighty
Dead End
Marjorie Morningstar
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny » 10 Apr 2019, 15:01

Let Us Remember:

On April10- 1962, Director Michael Curtiz died at age 75. He won the 1943 Academy Award for best Director for the classic picture Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. He also directed James Cagney to his best actor Academy award in Yankee Doodle Dandy and Joan Crawford to her best actress Academy award for her role in Mildred Pierce.

Michael Curtiz directed Doris Day in her first film Romance On The High Seas. He recognized her as a major talent and put her under contract. He also directed Doris in three other films, My Dream Is Yours, I'll See You In My Dreams, and Young Man With A Horn.

On April 10- 1965, the stunningly beautiful actress Linda Darnell died tragically in a fire at age 41.
She received critical acclaim for her work in the films Unfaithfully Yours and A Letter To Three Wives.
She also starred in Blood and Sand, Forever Amber, Fallen Angel, My Darling Clementine and No Way Out.

On April 10- 1975, actress Marjorie Main died at age 85. She starred in The Women, Heaven Can Wait and received an Academy award nomination for best supporting actress for the film The Egg and I. She became most famous for her role as Ma Kettle in the comedy film series Ma and Pa Kettle which was very popular in the 1950"s.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny » 28 Apr 2019, 17:52

let Us Remember:

On April 28-1970, actor Ed Begley died at age 69. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1962 for his role in Sweet Bird of Youth. His other films include, Odds Against Tomorrow, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, Inherit The Wind, and Hang 'Em High.

On April 28- 1999,actor Rory Calhoun died at age 76. He starred in I'd Climb The Highest Mountain, How To Marry A Millionaire, River of No Return, and Marco Polo.

On April 28- 2012, exotic British actress Patricia Medina died at age 92. She starred in films from the 1930's to the 1970's. Some of her films are, The Foxes of Harrow, The Three Musketeers, Drums of Tahiti, and Snow White and The Three Stooges.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny » 14 May 2019, 19:50

Let Us Remember:

On May 14-1987,charasmattic actress Rita Hayworth died of Alzheimer's disease at age 68. She was a sensation in the 1946 film Gilda with Glenn Ford. Her other films were Cover Girl, The Lady From Shanghai, Blood and Sand, Pal Joey and Separate Tables.

On May 14- 1998, actor and singer Frank Sinatra died at age 82. He won the best supporting actor Academy award for his role in From Here To Eternity. He starred with Doris Day in Young At Heart, High Society with Grace Kelly and in Pal Joey with Rita Hayworth and Kim Novak. He also starred in the political thriller The Manchurian Candidate with Angela Lansbury.
Johnny

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 15 May 2019, 05:00

Just thinking of May 13 next year....